How does Guild Wars 2 not even make top 100 games of all time?!?!

On 5/20/2023 at 3:57 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Releasing new content and making profession adjustments is not maintenance mode.

The content we get is the bare minimum of content. 

Games like FFXI have had their company go on record saying they have no dedicated dev team and yet that game gets more content at a faster pace than GW2.

Nearly even mobile gacha game gets more and faster content than GW2 as well.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

59 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

The content we get is the bare minimum of content. 

Games like FFXI have had their company go on record saying they have no dedicated dev team and yet that game gets more content at a faster pace than GW2.

Nearly even mobile gacha game gets more and faster content than GW2 as well.

Not sure that I agree with your "bare minimum of content"; however, even a bare minimum of content does not put a game in maintenance mode.

FFXI is a sub-based game, no?  Maybe they have a lot more financial resources which allows them to produce at a faster pace? 

Mobile games are highly monetized which allows them to produce content faster.

I don't agree that your examples are fair comparisons.  Regardless, GW2 is hardly in maintenance mode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Not sure that I agree with your "bare minimum of content"; however, even a bare minimum of content does not put a game in maintenance mode.

FFXI is a sub-based game, no?  Maybe they have a lot more financial resources which allows them to produce at a faster pace? 

I don't agree that your examples are fair comparisons.  Regardless, GW2 is hardly in maintenance mode.

I agree , GW2 has a tremendous amount of content for a non sub game.  Its not in main mode at all, it just has less resources than FF or WoW but even so they do great with what they have.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Money is not why GW2 gets slow content updates.

• Confused 1

On 5/11/2023 at 8:03 AM, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Because in the end its not very good.. Looks great in theory as a game but the designs and mtx really pull it down.. compared to other games. I know people here will look at this game with koolaid goggles but as a game its pretty grindy and average.

I  do feel Guildwars 1 should have been there.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Confused 2