Killed multiple pve sustain comps

Penor.4651

I came to give feedback on the change to the Superior Rune of Tormenting made some time ago, after testing the changes and alternatives. Despite being a very fun rune for PvE in the past, it was not used very much out of WvW (because its not overpower) in these contents. I think the change ended up making the rune unfeasible in almost all professions and content. I hope ArenaNet consider reversing the changes and if AN think the old superior rune of tormenting should be less potent in WvW content, maybe nerfing that rune for this specific content would be the solution, because this was a really fun rune in the open world, and this nerf ended up completely deleting several builds that existed before by allowing some sustain for condition damage builds. The way it is, the rune is completely useless and I hope you think about changing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

15 hours ago, Penor.4651 said:

by allowing some sustain for condition damage builds

By allowing A LOT of sustain from all two torment based condition damage builds

^fixed that for ya

P.S. Rune is far from useless, lol. Rofl, even. Still 5+ gold on the TP.

• Like 2

Condi rev had insane WvW sustain with tormenting runes.
Imagine the old rune effect on harbinger...
While I agree the change to regeneration was a massive healing hit, it was a much needed nerf because of how much torment rev and (in PvE where it's largely not nerfed) mirage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Condi rev had insane WvW sustain with tormenting runes.
Imagine the old rune effect on harbinger...
While I agree the change to regeneration was a massive healing hit, it was a much needed nerf because of how much torment rev and (in PvE where it's largely not nerfed) mirage.

I don't need to imagine I ran it during the Beta 1 weekend. It was absolutely nuts. And this was when blight took 50% of your total health. And you still became nearly unkillable.

Yeah, the nerf was justified. Its sad to see go, but It needed to happen.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Penor.4651 said:

I came to give feedback on the change to the Superior Rune of Tormenting made some time ago, after testing the changes and alternatives. Despite being a very fun rune for PvE in the past, it was not used very much out of WvW (because its not overpower) in these contents. I think the change ended up making the rune unfeasible in almost all professions and content. I hope ArenaNet consider reversing the changes and if AN think the old superior rune of tormenting should be less potent in WvW content, maybe nerfing that rune for this specific content would be the solution, because this was a really fun rune in the open world, and this nerf ended up completely deleting several builds that existed before by allowing some sustain for condition damage builds. The way it is, the rune is completely useless and I hope you think about changing it.

A rune should never provide that much sustain in any context.  It was even worse because most of the torment-heavy specs that could make use of it already had better native sustain than other classes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, Penor.4651 said:

It was VERY popular in PvE and was nerfed for its impact there, not WvW.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1