Progression with latest LWS - Emotional Release [Merged]

15 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey everyone, I have a couple of follow-up questions as we continue working on this. If you're experiencing this bug, can you let me know the answers to these:

• Were you able to talk to Taimi and complete the "Return to the surface step", but the issue is that the subsequent step is not revealing?
  • If yes: Did that interaction with Taimi trigger any dialog?
  • If yes: Did you leave the map or otherwise disconnect? Or, did the dialog get interrupted by other dialog in the map (such as from the meta?)
  • If no: Is Chul-Moo present along with the other NPCs standing in a group next to Taimi?

1. No. The text is greyed out and I cannot interact with any of the NPCs. (There is a prompt to "Talk" to Taimi but it does not do anything.)

2. See 1.

3. See 1.

4. All NPCs including Chul-Moo are present. Here's a screenshot of the state of where I am at:

https://i.imgur.com/jNC1Om0.png

Edited by Pastry.4915
  • Like 2

Same problem as any1 else here. Tried to quit story and start over again. You cant. Loggin out and in again. Nothing works. If i go other map I see the green star were I should be but if I go in Gyala delve map star is gone and I can't talk to Taimi or  other npc around her. So stuck at that part of story.

14 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey everyone, I have a couple of follow-up questions as we continue working on this. If you're experiencing this bug, can you let me know the answers to these:

• Were you able to talk to Taimi and complete the "Return to the surface step", but the issue is that the subsequent step is not revealing?
  • If yes: Did you leave the map or otherwise disconnect? Or, did the dialog get interrupted by other dialog in the map (such as from the meta?)
  • If no: Is Chul-Moo present along with the other NPCs standing in a group next to Taimi?

1. The bug started the moment I left the instance and returned to the Gaya Delves.
2. Taimi does give the "talk" option but nothing happens when interacting with her.
3. The event that was active nearby at the time:  "Subdue malfunctioning jade bots and repair downed bots to restore supply lines."; I did DC due to my internet connection failing, when I returned to the map, nothing had changed.
4. I don't recall if Chul-Moo was there or not before I dced. I do know that Gorrik was there next to Taimi.

39 minutes ago, Sensoria.7096 said:

Same problem as any1 else here. Tried to quit story and start over again. You cant. Loggin out and in again. Nothing works. If i go other map I see the green star were I should be but if I go in Gyala delve map star is gone and I can't talk to Taimi or  other npc around her. So stuck at that part of story.

You can.  Quit the chapter.  Start any other chapter.  Quit that chapter and restart the current one.  It will restart to the part at the power station, at Mai Trin's Memorial in New Kaineng.

A possible work around until issue is fixed.

Hi all, I was able to reset chapter 18 progress and can replay the mission from start. Hopefully it will not get stuck again.

To reset chapter 18, I started chapter 17 then I quit it. When I pressed Continue chapter 18 it went back to beginning of chapter 18 (Yong reactor part). 

EDIT: Just replayed and had no issues this time.

Only "weird" thing that happened in my first run that stalled, was that during the Scruffy instance I was downed, so I left instance while downed instead of respawning then leaving instance. 

Edited by Kos Luftar.9214
Additional information added

Resetting the chapter got me past the glitch but...to inquire further:

Question for those of you who are stuck here, when it came to reliving the memories part which two did you do?  I tried it originally with  Aurene, then Vlast.  I reset the the chapter like Tyrsa and Kos Luftar mentioned and it took me back to "Bottle your Emotions" when I said to continue chapter 18.

So, this time I chose Blish then Cinder, and I did not bug out this time around.  I just turned in the boxes to Chul-Moo and am currently progressing past Emotional Release to the part in Arborstone.  Maybe this is due to the fish you pick up from the Aurene quest also seem to be bugged? The Pyrite Dorado.

Just a thought, hope that helps.

Edited by Willow.7210

17 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

I was able to interact with Taimi upon exiting the instance. However, dialogue did not initiate, even though the green objective marker did vanish, indicating that something progressed. Story log is stuck at "Return to the surface to discuss the experimentation results", which is ticked-off and greyed-out.

I had no disconnection issue or left the map before the above occurred. However, I did leave the story instance while in combat (if that plays any role) and I did interact with Taimi quite fast (when assets in the map were still loading).

Chul-Moo is standing next to Scruffy 2.0 for me.

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Progression with latest LWS - Emotional Release [Merged]
18 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Same issue with me.

1.  The "Return to the Surface..." step has a green check mark but is also grayed out.  I cannot talk to Taimi.

2.  n/a     3.  I have not left the map yet.

4.  Chul-Moo is not there.

If it matters, the two memories I chose were Blish's and Aurene's.

Thanks!

21 hours ago, CassidieCSL.3175 said:

After returning, tried to talk to Taimi, but Taimi does not respond. The step "Return to Surface" is greyed out, and there are no more steps.

No dialog is triggered.

There was no ambient dialog ocurring. Once I realized I could not advance, tried to leave the map, restart chapter, logging out. Still stuck.

Chul-Moo is there. With things floating in his chest, like dynamite, three or four runes, a couple skritt, a birdhouse (?). I can see other players interacting with him and all the characters.

It's just that the characters have decided not to talk to me.

Or better, just this one oc in particular, I was able to do the chapter in other two characters. Maybe it is because this was the first one I tried to play the chapter on.

Oooookay, if I may add my new developments.

Did as some said to restart the chapter (start 17, then close, then restart).

Firts restart at Mai Trin's memorial, after completing her memorial, tells me that I have already collected the three memories needed to the instance, but I have to talk to Yao to chose what to do next. I had done Blish and Aurene, so those two options were out of the choices. Chose Vlast, done it, and the steps ended there. Back to the Mine and Scruffy, at the end I got out by the star, went to Taimi, noticed way too late that Chul-Moo was missing, triggered the Talk button and lo and behold, the bug again.

Restarted again.

This time after Mai Trin I have done only one of the memorie collection, did Blish and Aurene again (I had all options again, also). Back to the mine, I left the instance by the arrow button. Went to Taimi, and everyone is there, and... it works.

Done.

Now, either possibly is because of the way we leave the previous instance (star or arrow/leave map); or maybe it's the missing Chul-Moo, even though I think he was there the first time? but, could be.

Just to add my final two cents on it. Happy that everyone is working on a solution to the bug, thank you devs!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

If the Chul-moo box bug happens....i exited the map and logged off and came back and it was fine. Try it!

Bug happened to me right before the box carrying quest. I cant interact with Chulmoo to accept the box quest so I tried to move to another map , quit story quest, log out, log in , continue the story quest, still cant interact with Chulmoo or Taimi, Gorrik, Yao and Rama.

Edited by Zilvereen.2091

• ArenaNet Staff

Good evening all, a bunch of people have been digging in to this and there is a fix going out in just a few minutes: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/131037-game-update-notes-may-23-2023/#comment-1901335

Please note: This problem has a few separate causes to it, so some of you may still be stuck even after you get the new build. We're continuing to work on the remaining issues, so hang in there with us a bit longer! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Good evening all, a bunch of people have been digging in to this and there is a fix going out in just a few minutes: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/131037-game-update-notes-may-23-2023/#comment-1901335

Please note: This problem has a few separate causes to it, so some of you may still be stuck even after you get the new build. We're continuing to work on the remaining issues, so hang in there with us a bit longer! 

Appreciate the update and communication. 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, falviani.2830 said:

Still can't progress, so I'll wait for the next update. How many crates do I need to bring to Chul-Moo? I count 11, but are there more that are hidden?

I think I brought 5 or 6 crates to Chul-Moo before I brought the one with what he was searching for. Definitely not all the crates.

• Confused 1

There was a tiny patch that happened around 5:30 CDT. It did NOT fix the problems with this. I still can't progress. Switched characters and then back again, with no progress. This is one of the worst bugs I have encountered in almost 10,000 hours of playing this game 🥵

In Emotional Release I chose Aurene and there is those fishes that are bugged. I can click them and I see I can get limitless amount of those but doesn't appear in inventory. XD Sad, endless source of fish from 3 would be pretty cool. :´D
Oh and I think when we go to meet Valeria with Rama there is missing dialogue because :
Rama: "Sorry I´ve been such a stranger. Promise I´ll drop by more. I have a lot more time these days... Well, except today..." 
Then there comes this strange pause and after that Valeria continues: "New hobby to impress the ancestors?
Okay, let me think. You said, "sealing rituals?"

Edited by Snanacat.7650

On 5/24/2023 at 6:46 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

- im stuck on 'return to the surface to discuss the experimentation results. can't interact with taimi even though she has the green marker above her.

- tried relogging, still not working
- i dont see Chul-Moo

On 5/28/2023 at 10:02 AM, Syrethyst.8096 said:

- im stuck on 'return to the surface to discuss the experimentation results. can't interact with taimi even though she has the green marker above her.

- tried relogging, still not working
- i dont see Chul-Moo

Tried again today and it's working now :)