Too many agressive mobs!!

I remember one map, can't remember which one, but I went like 30 minutes straight of non stop fighting and this wasn't an event or anything, just walking around to different areas. It was pretty incredible lol. Lots of fun, but yea, I can see if someone was trying to explore and not fight constantly, it would be frustrating.

Edited by DexterousGecko.6328
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Less violets, more violence!

38 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

I remember one map, can't remember which one, but I went like 30 minutes straight of non stop fighting and this wasn't an event or anything, just walking around to different areas. It was pretty incredible lol. Lots of fun, but yea, I can see if someone was trying to explore and not fight constantly, it would be frustrating.

There are some areas with infinite spawn ...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There are some areas with infinite spawn ...

Newer player here.. and yeah I've run into the where the spawn timers for mobs are just whack.. Not sure what they base it on. If it is just time variable, how many people are in the general vicinity etc.. But it gets to be real annoying at times.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, tahana.5483 said:

Newer player here.. and yeah I've run into the where the spawn timers for mobs are just whack.. Not sure what they base it on. If it is just time variable, how many people are in the general vicinity etc.. But it gets to be real annoying at times.

I am referring to areas where they seem to have done that on purpose such as Echovald where the wardens and jade brotherhood are fighting each other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Efar.8153 said:

Please, at least make them "yellow".. there are too many things attacking players at each step. Not to mention the unnecessary cc's, stuns, etc.

It is extremely stressful.

I feel you brother, it can get annoying when you're just trying to complete something not related to fighting mobs, and you keep aggroing them one by one by one by one because on some maps it's never ending lol. It's almost like Anet wants to make your life as hard as possible some times.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

46 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

I feel you brother, it can get annoying when you're just trying to complete something not related to fighting mobs, and you keep aggroing them one by one by one by one because on some maps it's never ending lol.

Use LoS to force mobs to get closer, use aoe/cleave to clear them and mount up to do what you want to do "that's not related to fighting mobs".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

There are areas where the mob density is annoying or the respawn timer is too fast, but new players would be a bad judge of it, because most knew players don't make full use of the combat system yet.  The better you are at killing, the better your build, the better your weapon choice, the better your strategy, the less you feel this is true.  I used to feel that way, I got better at the game and now I almost never feel like the OP.  It's a matter of 3 things.

Learn your enemy.

Learn your class.

Learn how the game itself works, including breaking line of sight, aoe, stun breaks, condition removal, bar breaks, pulls.

There are a lot of ways to deal with groups of mobs in this game. You just have to learn them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

And what does that have to do with me wandering around an entire map and fighting constantly?

So you are stopping to fight every mob encounter and now you are complaining about having too many mobs to fight? I would suggest improving your decision making skills. Just because there are enemies to fight doesn't mean you have to stop to fight them. Mounts make that even easier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

So you are stopping to fight every mob encounter and now you are complaining about having too many mobs to fight? I would suggest improving your decision making skills. Just because there are enemies to fight doesn't mean you have to stop to fight them. Mounts make that even easier.

breathe friend. I wasn't remotely upset. I actually enjoyed the constant fighting. Not everyone is always attacking your precious game. It's okay.

Edited by DexterousGecko.6328
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

That doesn't make it less annoying.

It easly makes it less annoying than the described "aggroing one after one after one", where you probably just try to outrun each of them, staying permanently in-combat instead of clearing a group and moving on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, ChouChou.1408 said:

Imagine a new player used his/her lv80 booster, got into Verdant Brink for the first time, and tried navigating through that hell.

That’s why it’s not recommended for new players to use the booster and start with HoT. 

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, tahana.5483 said:

the enemy spawn limit is per map sector, so in maps that are very small or which have small sectors, enemies seem to be really tightly clustered together and will seem to respawn quickly. this is just an illusion--on a bigger map they're respawning at the same rate but much farther away from you.

this is also why smaller maps (like bloodstone fen) have alot of resources clustered together.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134