golem = no contest

tenklo.6104

Its one of those mysteries of game development. Theres time for huge expansions and countless LS and PvE updates, but no time for quick fixes in WvW.

Dont even start thinking about what the missing cornerstone on DBL actually is on a graphical/engine level in comparison to anything done in PvE since HoT, that'll melt your brain.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Dont even start thinking about what the missing cornerstone on DBL actually is on a graphical/engine level in comparison to anything done in PvE since HoT, that'll melt your brain.

Maybe you're thinking about this the wrong way... they might prefer creating a living world story episode to explain the absence.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Its one of those mysteries of game development. Theres time for huge expansions and countless LS and PvE updates, but no time for quick fixes in WvW.

Sadly the devs are focused on what the mainstream of players enjoy the most : Pve open world . Last big update for wvw was the mount in march 2019 , means 4 years without any true updates (i don't count balance patch in those updates).

Think of pvp players left with no true update since ... 

I know you all gonna say there is a huge community in wvw , but not near the % of players only doing pve . I don't play any wvw nor pvp , but i understand the frustration ppl enjoying those game modes have .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The game has counterplay to this and it's called siege disabler.

You can even use two of them (they cost 10 supplies) before having to resupply. This is usually enough to kill a camp defending troll and if you have to cap a structure then there are enough allies around to be able to permanently disable enemy golems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's always funny to see these threads pop up, and then people come out with their bad faith reasons (or no reasons at all) why golems should be allowed to contest.

And yes, disable is really great, I'm sure it will help a lot. Not to mention that even a single golem is enough to prevent a camp from being flipped by even a zerg if the enemy really wants to defend a camp.

Camps are supposed to be the easiest objective to flip. If you want to defend a camp, you should need more than an alt account autorunning in a camp.

https://i.imgur.com/P92At7e.png

• Like 1

Siege disabler don't prevent a manned golem from contesting (and even if you manage to disable one before someone gets inside, there can be multiple golems and/or players, so 2 are often not enough to keep all the golems disabled for long enough.

There is no reason for golems to contest capture points. It's supposed to be an offensive siege weapon for breaking down walls and gates. Not something that allows players to stall for several minutes without the need to do anything. Want to defend your camps? Go and fight for them. Otherwise me might as well allow stealthed players to contest, after all there's counterplay and at least a perma stealthing player has to use some skills.

"Just use reveal!" Right?

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 1