To anyone who spent thousands on rare infusions

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This is really weird...

I could see people wearing the new WvW infusion and older infusions just fine last night after selecting "HIde All".

Are you guys certain this is the case?

Didn't really have the time to test it yesterday, so I took op word for certain. I own quite a number of them myself, so I gonna test it out once I am back from the work and share resoults here.

I just tested it with a friend. Infusions are still visible, as I stated earlier. The claim they can be turned off now is false. (Edit: I stand corrected. Apparently, the setting does include infusions. Oof.)

Besides, there are other, more urgent things, that should be toggleable: jade-bot minis and sounds, the Cyberscale's sounds, Virtuoso daggers, etc. 😉 Infusions are actually fine -- there are very few players who use 18 Queen Bee infusions or run around as a Hulk double and annoy the heck out of everyone. 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Neiara.9362 said:

Dragonvoid is affected. It is the reason I am making this post. My boyfriend mentioned how it disappeared so we tested it and I can definitely confirm it's hidden. It won't disappear right away when player effects are disabled, but reloading the infusion will.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickStylishArtichokeWutFace-ULI8YrYzfTq0p34m

tested on stream, my infusion is still there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just tested it with a friend. Infusions are still visible, as I stated earlier. The claim they can be turned off now is false.

Besides, there are other, more urgent things, that should be toggleable: jade-bot minis and sounds, the Cyberscale's sounds, Virtuoso daggers, etc. 😉 Infusions are actually fine -- there are very few players who use 18 Queen Bee infusions or run around as a Hulk double and annoy the heck out of everyone. 😄

Hmm it seemed to work for me yesterday but had to relog. Unless I just happen to meet only players without infusions. 

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlickStylishArtichokeWutFace-ULI8YrYzfTq0p34m

tested on stream, my infusion is still there

Like I said before, infusions do not hide until they're refreshed. Try relogging, rezoning of have the person switch to no infusion and then back to their infusion. I own dragonvoid and we tested this. It was gone with "Hide all". The way we tested this: Put dragonvoid on a weapon, do a weapon swap then switch back to the weapon with dravonvoid on it. Result: No more infusion showing.

Edited by Neiara.9362

8 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

then i don't know what to say, you can rewatch the VOD, it hid everyones infusions and effects except mine?

Your VOD are 2 static images and at no point it shows you relogged or rezoned.

Edited by Neiara.9362
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

If this is true (havent logged in yet), this is the best update since I've started playing.

edit: I changed my mind because I have some infusions in my bank I will never use anyway and the price will drop now.

Edit2: Its still probably the best.

Anyone who failed to sell infusions before 6/6/23 deserved it 😛

• Haha 1

I think this could be 'fixed' by adding the option to set up a keyboard shortcut to turn the new option on or off.

At the moment it's fine for people who never want to see visual effects on other players, and for people who want to see everything as it was before - they can just keep the setting on or off respectively.

The people who might have a problem are those who want to hide effect spam in combat but still want to be able to see all effects on other players' characters at other times, and possibly people who want to hide visual effects only in very large battles where it's overwhelming but don't mind it in smaller fights.

It is currently possible to turn it on or off whenever you want but that's annoying to do because you have to go through the options menu to do it, so it's not really practical to do frequently or in combat. A keyboard shortcut would allow players who want to keep turning it on and off to do it quickly as and when they need it.

And yes I know you have to relog or change maps with the option on for some things to be hidden. But I think that doesn't apply to combat skills, those will be hidden right away if they're activated after you change the setting so turning it on when a fight is about to start would still cut down the effects spam, it just wouldn't hide as much stuff as if it was already active.

(The downside for people who do like seeing how other players characters look would be the other way around - realising when you're in a town that you've still got it on and having to relog, potentially ending up in a different instance. But I can't see a way around that and even though I'm one of the people who does like seeing how other characters are dressed up, including effects, I think it's a relatively minor issue.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I had been on "Hide All" already before I met up with my friend, and I could still see her infusions.

Did you have hide all enabled, or the option the still show party members? I'm assuming we're on the the same game version here, and for us it consistently hides infusions. Since yesterday I haven't seen a single person with an infusion and my boyfriend does not see mine either.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The people who might have a problem are those who want to hide effect spam in combat but still want to be able to see all effects on other players' characters at other times, and possibly people who want to hide visual effects only in very large battles where it's overwhelming but don't mind it in smaller fights.

^ this.

Just have 2 options:

1: Hide everything, including infusions
2: Hide everything,. minus infusions

Everyone happy.

Edited by Neiara.9362
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neiara.9362 said:

Did you have hide all enabled, or the option the still show party members? I'm assuming we're on the the same game version here, and for us it consistently hides infusions.

I had "Hide All" enabled, yes. However, I tried again with a different player, and this time it worked as intended.

This is truly strange. Anyway, I hope they will add Jade-Bot Minis and Mounts to the toggle setting, including their sounds. Please, @Rubi Bayer.8493?

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

Just now, Ashantara.8731 said:

I had "Hide All" enabled, yes. However, I tried again with a different player, and this time it worked as intended.

This is truly strange. Anyway, I hope they will add Jade-Bot Minis and Mounts to the toggle setting, including their sounds. Please, @Rubi Bayer.8493?

Considering how flashy some mounts are, this would be a great QoL change. But I don't see this happening since mount skins are from the gem store and them being hidden would be less incentive to buy them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Neiara.9362 said:

Considering how flashy some mounts are, this would be a great QoL change. But I don't see this happening since mount skins are from the gem store and them being hidden would be less incentive to buy them.

But many Infusions are so much more expensive! 😆

• Like 1
  • Confused 4