June 27 Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

yeah this patch sucks for warriors.

they imply that they give quickness to other stuff but they just removed quickness from banners. leaving you with only 2 limited options to share quickness in wvw

the gave resolution in wvw game mode where condi is non existent. not even in defense where resolution is abundantly lacking in that trait line. why is it in discipline. give me a better boon for the wvw meta

nerfing arcing divider made no sense, in pve or wvw since warriors damage highest output came from other skills
please revert the arcing divider changes. berserkers dps literally doesnt chamge if any at all. 

Edited by blackgamma.1809
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Haha

50 pages of feedback and not a single word heeded.

Edit: Did they make changes and not append them to the notes? suspending lol until later. 

From what i understand they fixed the "abort the third auto of staff chain for better dps" issue for daredevils. And that's pretty much it.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Mourningstar.7309 said:

Somehow I'd missed the harbinger nerf to septic corruption since it wasn't in this preview, but all I need to say is...why?  While C Virt damage gets buffed?  

You did not miss it. They showed this massive nerf and the other massive nerf to scourge sand shade in the live stream but hid in the preview, probably so the players won't discuss about it as much. Then they made these change in the actual patch as they planned.

They just showed how little they care about players' voices in the preview.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Please fire your balance team. Seriously the changes are once again just ridiculous....! Never seen in any game such a chaos. Since the release of the game you make the same mistakes, over and over again. One could write a thesis about how balancing does not work featuring only gw2....

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/26/2023 at 1:49 AM, Suyheuti.1732 said:

I know how you feel about that two boons. I totally agree with you. But instead of getting rid or bake them, I always defended these boons should have been self generated only (by skills or by traits). Not group shared. That would create more versatile builds and different playstyles. 

A perhaps more compelling (for me) alternative would be to have short duration, more impactful buffs on longish CD's, so players could time their use for a burst phase (like, on Bar Break).  As it is now, the expectation is for 90%+ (if not 100%) uptime, which means they are mostly a group composition task.  Those who provide the buffs don't even need to pay much attention to keeping them up.

• Thanks 1

Profession Skills

• The balance team has been reviewing your feedback to the balance notes preview and making adjustments based on that. Below are the updated balance notes. We will be making further adjustments on July 18, focusing on damage-focused scourge, alacrity-focused mirage, and alacrity-focused willbender builds, as well as tuning for changes from June as needed.

from 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you do mean what you wrote in these 2 sentences, but not just trying to suppress our frustration on the patch day.

Please also explain

- How you came up with the original numbers you put in this patch note and the May patch note regarding these 3 builds.

- Why you did not include the change to scourge sand shade in the preview, even though you showed it in the live stream.--This also extends to the sneaky harbinger blight nerf.

Edited by Furball.1236
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Furball.1236 said:

• . We will be making further adjustments on July 18, focusing on damage-focused scourge, alacrity-focused mirage, and alacrity-focused willbender builds, as well as tuning for changes from June as needed.

kitten, and I was happy that my PvE mirage still kinda works 😞 Will be a short pleasure I guess.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Secret info to all those guys that think anet do not listen:

The balance team has been reviewing your feedback to the balance notes preview and making adjustments based on that. Below are the updated balance notes. We will be making further adjustments on July 18, focusing on damage-focused scourge, alacrity-focused mirage, and alacrity-focused willbender builds, as well as tuning for changes from June as needed.

Just the page for peops who wana see it:

@Astralporing.1957

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

The balance team has been reviewing your feedback to the balance notes preview and making adjustments based on that. Below are the updated balance notes. We will be making further adjustments on July 18, focusing on damage-focused scourge, alacrity-focused mirage, and alacrity-focused willbender builds, as well as tuning for changes from June as needed.

Well, can you point in the patchnotes where those adjustments based on feedback were made? Also, forgive me for not wanting some builds to end up broken for 2 months (at least, we have no idea yet if the July 18 patch will fix anything, or will break even more stuff) just because Anet only pretends to listen.

@Myror.7521 Sorry, but i don't see anywhere in those patchnotes where they actually made any adjustments based on feedback. I only see them saying they did. Practically all the bad stuff is still there, and as it turns out, some of it is even worse in practice than was expected based just on patchnotes.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

Scourge, Mirage and willbender are not the only ones with major issue's after this patch. Saying that they will do "tuning" is ridiculous. + if they are making more changes on the 18th why not wait in the first place until that date?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

This is bunch of PR speak. Of course they're seeing the outage, of course they know people don't like the patch.

Listening, and actually addressing these issues the right way are two different things.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 16