mirage dead on patch - second dodge back

Eddie.9143

1 minute ago, Morwath.9817 said:

"Useless dodge" 😮

if you use both your dodges on mirage, then you're always waiting for that first dodge back anyway. 2 dodges only helps the start of the fight or if you're pillaring and resetting. otherwise i'd rather my dodge make me invuln...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

This effectively kills Mirage. They have no clue what they are doing and they don't even play their own game. 

Looks like a buff to power mirage IMO. The condi cleanse on mirage mirror is gonna have some good synergy with Illusionary Ambush and Sand through Glass. I've always liked illusionary ambush and now it's better.

Now that we have two dodges, we can be more reactive with the dodge. Honestly these changes look good. First thing I'm doing when the patch hits is make a Lazer beam build with greatsword and infinite horizons lol

Edited by WhoWantsAHug.3186
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Looks like a buff to power mirage IMO. The condi cleanse on mirage mirror is gonna have some good synergy with Illusionary Ambush and Sand through Glass. I've always liked illusionary ambush and now it's better.

Now that we have two dodges, we can be more reactive with the dodge. Honestly these changes look good. First thing I'm doing when the patch hits is make a Lazer beam build with greatsword and infinite horizons lol

Desert distortion will def handle condis better. 

Power Mirage will be quite good actually. Not Mat meta good most likely for that all other classes are just too broken but for ranked pretty good.

5 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

I played some similar builds but with Superiority Complex or Illusion Traitline and EM instead IH. You get way more dmg for the lazer beam spam from SC or more value from Illusionline than from IH and DE and you get some op condiremove for free. Even more with Illusionary Ambush indirectly buffed with EM. With Self Deception you also still have a very good amount of clones, even instant clones in melee for some non reactive shenanigans. 

It is pretty much the most braindead dodge+1 spam way to play power mirage and i would not call it healthy for the game but it will be really good after this changes. And who cares that we cannot dodge while being cced when you cannot hit your cc or get out of the follow up with IA, Jaunt and blink, in case you get ever hit by cc inbetween the dodge spam, detarget and ports. 

Condi mirage will be kinda dead tho. Not that i will miss it, also the power mirage builds i will play are equally spammy and lame. But for sure more fun to play. 4k+dmg Lazer beam and dodge spam ftw :classic_happy:

Edited by Hightop.8294
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

wow who would have expected for mesmer to get 15 different nerfs to get its dodge back, totally not me.
dead on arrival again. bunker chrono also dead. power chrono might still be usable
I knew the clown cmc was gonna do this kitten 😄

EDIT
what I love about these changes is that ele while being broken is going to get 20 different buffs anyways
anet balance is peak comedy 

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

wow who would have expected for mesmer to get 15 different nerfs to get its dodge back, totally not me.
dead on arrival again. bunker chrono also dead. power chrono might still be usable

EDIT
what I love about these changes is that ele while being broken is going to get 20 different buffs anyways

I'm an ele main and I think the class is getting unfair preferential treatment by ANET. 

Everything else got mountains of compensation nerfs and 1-2 buffs, while Ele is getting yet more buffs that it didn't need. 

I'm not going to complain that they improved off hand dagger but like... Hello? Mesmer weapons have been overnerfed for ages now. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

24 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I'm an ele main and I think the class is getting unfair preferential treatment by ANET. 

Everything else got mountains of compensation nerfs and 1-2 buffs, while Ele is getting yet more buffs that it didn't need. 

I'm not going to complain that they improved off hand dagger but like... Hello? Mesmer weapons have been overnerfed for ages now. 

Yeah pretty much what I get from all these patches.

24 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It's ridiculous.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

EDIT

🤡M🤡

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I didn't like to say that in the past 'cause I thought it was maybe all in my head; but lately, this year, every balance patch has confirmed this over and over again.

Only check skills that aren't overperforming being hard nerfed...

• Like 2

Mirage losing the ability to dodge while stunned/immobed is what I wanted since PoF came out. It only took 6 years. Now we fix the mirage kit being undertuned in 2-3 years, and mirage will get to be playable AND balanced before its 10th birthday. Fast progress!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Mirage losing the ability to dodge while stunned/immobed is what I wanted since PoF came out. It only took 6 years. Now we fix the mirage kit being undertuned in 2-3 years, and mirage will get to be playable AND balanced before its 10th birthday. Fast progress!

How much stability does Mirage have? And, to take it one step further, how much stability does it have compared to classes it's supposed to counter with CC timing?

• Like 3

People saying ele got nerfed when their traits that made signets and arcane useable was basically turned into garbo. Also Weaver getting their stunbreak changed into something that doesn't do anything still, while they still haven't fixed sword's clunkiness.

But yea, I guess Cata and Tempest are winning. Too bad Weaver feels like trash still.

14 minutes ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

How much stability does Mirage have? And, to take it one step further, how much stability does it have compared to classes it's supposed to counter with CC timing?

uhhh no one else can dodge after being cc’d they just dodge before it hits them. maybe you can learn to do this too?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

27 minutes ago, Dreams.3128 said:

People saying ele got nerfed when their traits that made signets and arcane useable was basically turned into garbo. Also Weaver getting their stunbreak changed into something that doesn't do anything still, while they still haven't fixed sword's clunkiness.

But yea, I guess Cata and Tempest are winning. Too bad Weaver feels like trash still.

Fresh air weaver is gonna have permanent fury, which is pretty big. Stop complaining lol, sword will do more damage now too.

• Like 1

Just now, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Fresh air weaver is gonna have permanent fury, which is pretty big. Stop complaining lol, sword will do more damage now too.

Ah man, number changes....too bad that doesn't fix anything or how the class feels. I'm not here for numbers, I'm here for the fluidity of classes and it doesn't feel right given the fact they had nerfed certain skills on sword to disrupt their combo potential when they could've just done number changes to not make it feel as strong during their prime era.

Get over your self and go cry some more about whatever class you cry about.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

uhhh no one else can dodge after being cc’d they just dodge before it hits them. maybe you can learn to do this too?

uhhh no one else has a second health bar, they just don't get damaged. maybe you can learn to do this too?

uhhh no one else has an AI following them around and doing damage, they just do the equivalent damage themselves. maybe you can learn to do this too?

uhhh no one else can repeatedly spam the same skill again with no recharge, they just cycle really well. maybe you can learn to do this too?

uhhh no one can bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

Let's remove every profession mechanic and identity from every single class. Every single class is the same, every single skill is the same. Then nobody can do anything that another class can't. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

uhhh no one else has a second health bar, they just don't get damaged. maybe you can learn to do this too?

uhhh no one else has an AI following them around and doing damage, they just do the equivalent damage themselves. maybe you can learn to do this too?

uhhh no one else can repeatedly spam the same skill again with no recharge, they just cycle really well. maybe you can learn to do this too?

uhhh no one can bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

Let's remove every profession mechanic and identity from every single class. Every single class is the same, every single skill is the same. Then nobody can do anything that another class can't. 

Mirage isn't a class, your argument is invalid.

Imho Anet makes step in right direction. They have to first fix OP side of Mirage, before they can even start fixing UP side of Mirage. Otherwise, we will be back to PoF release monstrosity.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8