Isn't daredevil actually bad for thief

Khalisto.5780

HOT TAKE
daredevil should have 2 more powerful dodges (either bound or dash) OR 3 normal dodges if you take a GM trait. But you should have to choose: either you use a lot of normal dodges or fewer powerful dodges, not both at the same time.

also claiming "daredevil has no damage" is a hot take, I get backstabbed for 7k all the kittening time and that's half my hp bar.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

HOT TAKE
daredevil should have 2 more powerful dodges (either bound or dash) OR 3 normal dodges if you take a GM trait. But you should have to choose: either you use a lot of normal dodges or fewer powerful dodges, not both at the same time.

also claiming "daredevil has no damage" is a hot take, I get backstabbed for 7k all the kittening time and that's half my hp bar.

I mean, it was prolly more, but dmg allied with mobility, 3 dodges and whatever daredevil brings to the table would just be more broken, as it prolly was at somepoint

I was not calling nerfs or changes, but yours seems reasonable, also of course +1 initiative cost on HS if it's not in range of a target or the vindicator treatment of halving every vigor source when you equip daredevil.

• Confused 3

*Laughs in bound*

It's too late.

y'all missed your chance to kill thief in 2012 by not being able to tolerate core being useful, so now you cannot nerf us in a way that matters or that will stop you from getting annoyed to death by whatever flavor thief players will come up after you throw a dart at a board of skill names on the wiki and claim it's the next problematic thing. 

Even if you vaguely gesture at an entire spec being the problem (or, as always, [the one thing holding thief back from buffing it so clearly needs that also just happens to be the only thing that is currently useful]), you cannot solve this problem in a way that doesn't render thief useless, and that is not a solution that will persist, because those players deserve to play effectively too.

It's over, no matter how many videos you link from 2013.  If your balancing aim is to stop thief from bothering you, you will never have it.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

HOT TAKE

Just dodge

On 6/18/2023 at 9:44 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

isn't this class the reason thief as a whole got everything nerfed?

I mean, can't have dmg, cuz of daredevil

shortbow 5 nerf, humm, cuz of daredevil

sustain nerfs, daredevil?

The problem with daredevil is 3 dodges.  And because people refuse to accept that extra dodges should require sigils, like every other spec, everything else gets looked at, adjusted, nerfed to compensate.  Thief in general would be in a better place if Anet would figure that out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1