Request for the new sword/sword necro

GetFoxxed.9478

Not intending to be a jerk or flame with this question, but are you actually planning on giving them money after they metaphorically spat in our faces with this patch? To be clear, it's not about nerfs to numbers for me, it's about how the patch is just hugely anti-fun by invalidating entire styles of play for no real reason.

• Like 4
  • Confused 5

26 minutes ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

Not intending to be a jerk or flame with this question, but are you actually planning on giving them money after they metaphorically spat in our faces with this patch? To be clear, it's not about nerfs to numbers for me, it's about how the patch is just hugely anti-fun by invalidating entire styles of play for no real reason.

I used to love signets build with dagger/warhorn, since I dislike greatsword.

But I can still hope sword/sword will compensate for it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GetFoxxed.9478 said:

I used to love signets build with dagger/warhorn, since I dislike greatsword.

But I can still hope sword/sword will compensate for it.

I would very much be against having my fun taken away and paying money to have it back. You do you though.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Acanthus.8120 said:

Exactly this.

Giving them anything as a Necro main right now, is like thanking them for destroying us.
And then "beg"  / "hope" for something better with Swords ?

No.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 1:11 AM, Acanthus.8120 said:

I am still not sure whether to buy the expansion or not.

Either way, I haven't logged into GW2 in a long time. Got burnt out. The changes to Scourge is terrible yes but at least they are fixing it in the follow-up patch no? We will have to wait and see. But it is really bad optics. It is as if nobody in the balance dev team even play Scourge to make those changes so blindly.

But I have seen the incompetence of the balance team throughout the years and this is no surprise to me anymore. Balance has never been something Anet is good at. Remember the June balance patch last year?

What I am interested in the expansion is the open world legendary armor. I have yet to craft myself any legendary armor set aside from Fractal wings.. And maybe having a Legendary set will allow me to change up my build a little more easily whenever balance goes to hell.

Edited by God.5728
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/27/2023 at 7:11 PM, Acanthus.8120 said:

What I can say about the nerfs is that I did try out scourge for a bit after the patch, found it extremely tiresome to constantly keep spamming shades for little reward and immediately swapped to other especs. I tried pistol/torch scourge during the beta weekend and that was quite decent and fun, but IMO they really need to fix the mess they've created. I still think they were somewhat dishonest in their choice of words when announcing the nerfs. You can't say you're toning down (heal) scourge 'a bit' and then nerf them as heavily as they did, while simultaneously hitting many other subclasses in the crossfire. They made a joke about any new changes we don't like being the fault of this new member of the balance team. and while I know this was meant as a joke, i genuinely hope this was the case. Looking at how much unintentional damage has been done I genuinely hope this wasn't caused by an experienced dev. The amount of oversight and not understanding the delicacies of how different elements influence each other is staggering.

Edited by Darth Pooh.5638
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

Already have enough condi. The dual swords need to be power mobility for reaper 

The necromancer lack a melee main hand condi weaponset and a strike damage off hand weapon set. As a matter of fact, the necromancer have:

• Strike damage:
    • MH: Axe, Dagger
    • OH: Focus
    • 2H: GS
  • Condi damage:
    • MH: Scepter, pistol
    • OH: Dagger, Torch
    • 2H:
  • Hybrid:
    • Staff.
  • Utility:
    • Warhorn

Objectively, Dagger and Greatsword already fill the role that you want sword to fill while no weapon fill the condi melee weapon role. I'd see a melee strike damage main hand weapon as a pointless addition to the necromancer.

NB: Mobility have nothing to do with power or condition damage and it's highly unlikely that any of the sword will provide any mobility skill to the necromancer. It's not because you, personally, want mobility powercreep that the devs will give it to the necromancer.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Why not just turn the sword upside down and make it a mid-range hybrid weapon? Also, if Necro's sword is looking for mobility, most sword skills come with 1 mobility skill, be it a shadowstep, teleport, leap, evade, or retreat. A melee sword at best will offer fast attacks much like the main-hand dagger. 

For kicks and giggles, the sword auto-attack: necrotic vibe. throw your sword at enemies, bouncing to nearby enemies, while you gain life force. if the sword bounces twice, weaken those enemies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Darth Pooh.5638 said:

What I can say about the nerfs is that I did try out scourge for a bit after the patch, found it extremely tiresome to constantly keep spamming shades for little reward and immediately swapped to other especs. I tried pistol/torch scourge during the beta weekend and that was quite decent and fun, but IMO they really need to fix the mess they've created. I still think they were somewhat dishonest in their choice of words when announcing the nerfs. You can't say you're toning down (heal) scourge 'a bit' and then nerf them as heavily as they did, while simultaneously hitting many other subclasses in the crossfire. They made a joke about any new changes we don't like being the fault of this new member of the balance team. and while I know this was meant as a joke, i genuinely hope this was the case. Looking at how much unintentional damage has been done I genuinely hope this wasn't caused by an experienced dev. The amount of oversight and not understanding the delicacies of how different elements influence each other is staggering.

The actions of a team member falls under the responsibility of the team lead, so that wouldn't change how I feel about it. I would lose even more respect for the team lead individually because of the additional lack of competence even. The rest of what you said I generally agree with, so nothing to say to that.

16 hours ago, God.5728 said:

I am still not sure whether to buy the expansion or not.

Either way, I haven't logged into GW2 in a long time. Got burnt out. The changes to Scourge is terrible yes but at least they are fixing it in the follow-up patch no? We will have to wait and see. But it is really bad optics. It is as if nobody in the balance dev team even play Scourge to make those changes so blindly.

But I have seen the incompetence of the balance team throughout the years and this is no surprise to me anymore. Balance has never been something Anet is good at. Remember the June balance patch last year?

What I am interested in the expansion is the open world legendary armor. I have yet to craft myself any legendary armor set aside from Fractal wings.. And maybe having a Legendary set will allow me to change up my build a little more easily whenever balance goes to hell.

Don't worry, just to be sure you're affected, they'll rework your favorite traits entirely. 😛

Edited by Acanthus.8120
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It will be Hybrid and you know it. I foresee bleeding and lots of life stealing, possibly with some mobility and boon removal.

I  suspect it'll be hybrid too.  I agree with all you wrote, except for the part about boon removal, as Anet seem to be moving toward the view that boon removal (and esp. boon conversion) is less a thing that one "just gets" and more something that one has to specifically opt into.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see offhand sword get a block/parry of some kind (perhaps similar to warrior's Riposte?), as necros don't have much in that area.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

I  suspect it'll be hybrid too.  I agree with all you wrote, except for the part about boon removal, as Anet seem to be moving toward the view that boon removal (and esp. boon conversion) is less a thing that one "just gets" and more something that one has to specifically opt into.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to see offhand sword get a block/parry of some kind (perhaps similar to warrior's Riposte?), as necros don't have much in that area.

Except that core necro has plenty of boon removal/corrupts. Does that mean it needs more? In melee range, sure. Now, I also fully expect for it to only remove 1 boon in WvW because nothing may interfere with the boon ball apparently.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

It will be Hybrid and you know it. I foresee bleeding and lots of life stealing, possibly with some mobility and boon removal.

8 hours ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

I was hoping for the same thing. It would be nice if it's a hybrid main hand with utility offhand. I suspect a power weapon because the last two were condi, but hybrid is the winning route if you ask me.

• Confused 1

if we ask the question what necromamcer needs it is hands down a meleeweaponset that actually works in competive pvp/wvw. in pve necro is gonna be allright but the weaponsets that can be used there just don't cut it in competitive.

it doesn't matter if it's a condi or power, more important is some mobility/evades on it.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2023 at 7:52 PM, ZuperTrooper.9145 said:

I can smell it guys. Power Harb is coming.

Not gonna happen. Harb shroud is just too "bad". Would need to rework traits somehow to increase strike dmg, but remove the conditions from shroud skills

• Like 1

News of my death was grossly exagerrated, commander.

But returning to topic at hand...well ... well.... well.
Given necro's rather long list of "do nots"there's very litte options here.
Power, condi or support (which we have yet to have).

Cause certainly not leaps, evades, blocks or such stuff.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076

Sword 1, Flurry of the fearless - strike quickly in a chain of bursts, crippling your opponent with fear and bleed - auto attack chain

Sword 2, Blood ritual - lunge your swords into the ground opening a portal of blood and decay. Creating life out of the death around you. Heal based on the damage you deal, damage scales with healing (heals allies too)

Sword 3, Feral blades - enter a feral state while setting your sword ablaze, strikes cause torment and burning. Unblockable

Sword 4, Deathzone - push and then pull all enemies towards you (knocking down and then pulling basically) apply chill for each enemy affected 

Sword 5, Life on edge - deplete your life force into a huge frenzy around you, dealing massive damage and devastating conditions (scales on current life force)

-bonus Healing power: you can’t die for a 4 seconds and reduce your health to 1hp. Fill your life force meter as you heal back within this window.

• Confused 2