Rate the new Legendary armor

I don’t like the look of any of them as I’m more into cute stuff. But I like that they will add this legendary armor set as I don’t play any game mode that has it available now. Which is fine since it’s my choice to not do content that has it, but I am excited to finally get a chance to own legendary armor. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Does it matter.....transmute.   It's more about how to obtain it.  I actually all three.

It matters when skins should look good even if you end up not using it.

If you don't use it because it's ugly, then it's an issue.

Light - 3/10 - Might be better if the women version is a dress.
Medium - 9/10
Heavy - 9/10

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

If you don't use it because it's ugly, then it's an issue.

Light - 3/10 - Might be better if the women version is a dress.
Medium - 9/10
Heavy - 9/10

But that's why transmutes exist.  I would love if all the skins looked fantastic, but that's purely subjective.  You can not possibly design something that every person will love or want to use.  I don't love the look of any of the legendary armors, but I like what they do.   This set I like more than the raid or pvp designs. It would be ridiculous to not use them because you refuse to transmute.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

But that's why transmutes exist.  I would love if all the skins looked fantastic, but that's purely subjective.  You can not possibly design something that every person will love or want to use.  I don't love the look of any of the legendary armors, but I like what they do.   This set I like more than the raid or pvp designs. It would be ridiculous to not use them because you refuse to transmute.  

I literally said it's okay to transmute.

• Confused 2

Light 3/10, it looks like a retextured gem store outfit too much, like the "Gem Aura Outfit" specifically. I give it points simply for the fact it has pants and no skirt which is pretty high-value among light armor if it mixes well with other things.

Medium 8/10, it looks like a Mortal Kombat Ninja, but it's not like one of Scorpion/SubZero's sexier variants that show off their Arm Muscles and Side-Pecs, otherwise it could be 9 or 10. The shoulder/neck part is a bit odd though. I personally hate the thigh plates on WvW chest and the Mega-Buttcape on Raid chest; so the lack of Buttcape or other weird waist/thigh attachments is a huge plus.

Heavy 6/10, it's pretty cool looking Knight armor and probably dyes better than current raid armor I'd hope. I like it but I'm not really the audience for knight stuff or "heavy" armor. I'd rate it higher if it managed to keep the 'pants' trend instead of having the waist flaps.

For Medium I currently only have the Spvp Chest and WvW armor for the rest and have Raid Armor for Light so I might make this Heavy armor set one day if it's not too crazy to farm, but I would reskin it with Tattoo armor or a future Swimsuit, Catboi armor and/or invisible Chest piece. The only leggy skins I actually use are the gloves and shoulders for Light, otherwise I reskin.

If any of these sets show skin on females while not doing so on males too then shame on you. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Freya.9075 said:

I don’t like the look of any of them as I’m more into cute stuff. But I like that they will add this legendary armor set as I don’t play any game mode that has it available now. Which is fine since it’s my choice to not do content that has it, but I am excited to finally get a chance to own legendary armor. 

As someone who is not interested in raids and grinds out WvW kind of slowly, I am excited for this option as well.  It doesn't worry me or bother me not having legendary armor, but I welcome another option that I would actually like to work on.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I withhold my judgement until we know all the details about it, for all we know the "medium armor trench coat" might be hidden behind the in combat effect.

People also say that this one will be more accessible but I believe it when I see it. Nothing about what they said actually excludes strikes, raids or "competitive experiences" and "various crafting components come from open-world gameplay" is something which can also be said about the other sets.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

I withhold my judgement until we know all the details about it, for all we know the "medium armor trench coat" might be hidden behind the in combat effect.

People also say that this one will be more accessible but I believe it when I see it. Nothing about what they said actually excludes strikes, raids or "competitive experiences" and "various crafting components come from open-world gameplay" is something which can also be said about the other sets.

I lost it at medium armor trenchcoat 😆

I hope for the best on this, and I'm eager to see what all it involves.  Patience is a good idea.  

44 minutes ago, Tails.9372 said:

"This will be the first set that doesn’t require heavy investment into raids or competitive experiences—instead, the various crafting components come from open-world gameplay in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure."

While, in fairness, it says it doesn't require heavy investment, which does not necessarily preclude the idea of any investment, the implication is that it will truly be open world (maybe with some engagement with new instanced content coming out for the armor collections?) but yes it could still require some investment.  I doubt it will require anything from raids specifically at all, or currency grinding from any of the relevant modes, but it does leave the door a little open.  That smacks of them not having actually nailed down which potential route they're going to end up with.

• Like 2

The appearance, I imagine, would be second to having access to it.  As mentioned by others, with transmutation available, the appearance issue is easily remedied.  

That point aside, appearance wise, the heavy armor is quite nice. Reminds me of the Elder Scrolls obsidian armors for some reason, in a lighter tone.  

• Like 1