Everyone gets a free skyscale!

You get a free skyscale, I get a free skyscale, unlesss you already have a skyscale of course, but you gotta ask that if we are now in a world where everyone gets a free or more realistically, easy access to the skyscale for whatever the price of the DLC is, then what about the bunny mount? Who will want to use this after getting a skyscale?

That bunny mount is practically obsolete as it is, is there any plan to update this to make it more relevant or will it just remain the way it is?

• Like 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, FiveBunnies.5730 said:

Can you explain why you think he is obsolete?

The skyscale can (already) get up walls, the bunny cannot even dream to get up.

The cannonball CC of the bunny is the only thing the skyscale has not.

Of course if you like the style (and not the functionality) of the bunny it will still be unique.

6 hours ago, Witch Engine.2305 said:

You get a free skyscale, I get a free skyscale

Read the announcement careful again. It will not be free, but reduced effort AND you will have Boni if you do both masteries, the current and the new. 

From the announcement:

Whether or not you own Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire or completed the original skyscale collection, Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure will grant you a more streamlined collection to unlock a skyscale of your very own.

Bonus from Both (old and new) Mastery Tracks:

• Air Rescue grants Bond of Vigor
  • Upgrades Wall Launch to charge faster and launch farther
  • Flying mounts can use ley lines
Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

Read the announcement careful again. It will not be free, but reduced effort AND you will have Boni if you do both masteries, the current and the new.

I feel fairly confident in saying, it will be free. What little they have teased about the new zones has heavily implied that access to a flying mount will be a necessity… gliding may work to barely move from point A to point B, but it doesn’t seem as though these new zones will be designed with anywhere near as much fall forgiveness as HoT or EoD zones were… flight will be a necessity not a privilege.

I hope they do give the skyscale to new people or make it super easy and cheap for them to get. The mount is so good the Blizz copied it.

Anything to get more people in and enjoying the game is great as long as it doesn't detract from current players progression and experience. It doesn't negatively impact people who have a skyscale in anyway to give them out. If anything it will save us veteran players gold because ultimately we tend to help people get the mount.

So yes please give away the skyscale. While they are at it just make leyline gliding automatic. I'm tired of helping in raid training, making it to Xera only to have a few members have to leave because they don't have it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Hope not, that is a deal breaker for me even buying the expac.

I'm pretty sure this is the case and why I think it's going to be free. It would be crappy to make people pay $24.95 to get the mount and then have them pay 200g seeing that they need flying to play the DLC. No way new players can afford that. I hope it's free and they get it early.

But what about the Bunny? Couldn't they add a mastery that would launch the player at the peak of the jump so they can fly into a griffon or skyscale? I hope they don't leave this mount behind.

Edited by Witch Engine.2305
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, yourexcellency.1458 said:

So yes please give away the skyscale. While they are at it just make leyline gliding automatic.

Just give away updraft use, and mushrooms use since that's needed....and give away Nuhoch Wallows mastery so people can navigate TD easier....wait also give away Thermal Tube as well because it's not fair that people in Dragonfall can shoot across the map and some can't yet because they skipped that content...maybe also give just one full set of legendary armor too, it just takes too long to get all of it...oh oh how about a free item to get a title of your choice so people don't have to do the collection or content, it's not fair that I have to play the game for it....

Sad that I have to put a /s but there you go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Witch Engine.2305 said:

But what about the Bunny? Couldn't they add a mastery that would launch the player at the peak of the jump so they can fly into a griffon or skyscale? I hope they don't leave this mount behind.

That already exist: Bond of Faith

Edit: You can also use Bond of Faith to switch from sky scale to griffon or gliding (for updrafts and ley-lines) mid air. Once you have all that: take a fly-hour in bloodstone fen that's really fun 😉 

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Witch Engine.2305 said:

...what about the bunny mount? Who will want to use this after getting a skyscale?

That bunny mount is practically obsolete as it is, is there any plan to update this to make it more relevant or will it just remain the way it is?

At this point I have all the mounts and the skiff. For me, using a mount is situational, with the warclaw, the skyscale, the jackal, the skimmer, and the springer being the mounts I use the most frequently. I don't think the springer is obsolete at all. For a simple, vertical leap up, it's faster and easier than a skyscale. And people use the Cannonball all the time for bosses like the Pinata or the Legendary Wyvern Matriarch

5 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

I feel fairly confident in saying, it will be free. What little they have teased about the new zones has heavily implied that access to a flying mount will be a necessity… gliding may work to barely move from point A to point B, but it doesn’t seem as though these new zones will be designed with anywhere near as much fall forgiveness as HoT or EoD zones were… flight will be a necessity not a privilege.

It is possible that they may have the "rent a skyscale" feature like they have in Dragonfall rather than "free skyscale". If they made it free then a lot of people who put time and effort in getting the original skyscale will be in an uproar. Implanting the bonus feature for if you have both masteries is their way of trying to soften the blow on those who already have skyscale. I don't have a issue with their being an "easier" to get skyscale but I would personally find it insulting if it was free. Where would the sense of achievement be? 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

It is possible that they may have the "rent a skyscale" feature like they have in Dragonfall rather than "free skyscale". If they made it free then a lot of people who put time and effort in getting the original skyscale will be in an uproar. Implanting the bonus feature for if you have both masteries is their way of trying to soften the blow on those who already have skyscale. I don't have a issue with their being an "easier" to get skyscale but I would personally find it insulting if it was free. Where would the sense of achievement be? 

Such aa narrow minded and self centered outlook… do you think mountain climbers see their achievements to be devalued when a tour company starts offering helicopter rides to the summit? Of course not… the sense of achievement isnt devalued by someone else getting it easier… you did it the hard way, you achieved something difficult or tedius… that achievement still exists, you still did it… someone else can still do it that way if they want to… this change doesnt affect you or your achievement, they didnt have to add a new mastery line that interacts with the old one, but they chose to anyways… 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

30 minutes ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

They should make it so anyone who completes the original skyscale collection and the rift achievements can do another final set of tasks to earn an alternate version of Aurene's Prismatic Skyscale that has a different dye pattern and less annoying glowyness. 

I think we should have our choice of glowyness. For me, the more glowy the better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1