Steam forum (game is dead posts)

15 hours ago, jokke.6239 said:

Seems to be trolls who keeps making and bumping "dead game" threads.

Is the mod not active over there?

It's leaving a horrible impression on new players, might want to merge all those threads.

I don't see that many "game dead" posts on Steam forum? I do, however, see a load of ADL-trolls posting multiple "GW2 great - Steam bad - Don't buy here" reviews/posts.
Guess what... You got EXACTLY what you wanted: GW2 is effectively dead on Steam. GW2 are not even among the top 250 games on Steam!
And yes, FFXIV, BDO, TESO and even Albion are all in the top 100: Why would a new MMO prospect look any further? The "trolls" that hurt GW2 on Steam were the "GW2 great - Steam BAD" crowd!

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Or it could simply be that Steam communities are generally independent from the communities of the games they purchase. Trolls and bad-faith posters are in every single forum and not only aren't unique to Steam, but to the internet.

If anything, Steam is a good measure of how gw2 is actually received outside of its influence (aka the forums and Reddit).

Except that gw2 does have micro-transactions. Just because they're mainly cosmetics does not magically make them not micro-transactions. And no, those reviews are valid like everyone else's. 150 hours is a hefty amount of time and more than enough to accurate gauge a game to see if it's liked. I think the moderation is more general and not necessarily tied to any game's actual influence.

Yeah, but I remember Vanilla Skyrim getting review bombed to (insert self kitten here) because of the Creation Club.  So, what I want you to do is load up vanilla Skyrim and try to access the CC.  You can't, of course, because it wasn't available on that platform, but hey, minor details right?  Can't let that get in the way of the narrative, now can we?

• Like 1

I suppose the media has been using fearmongering as a tool for so long, that we are all somewhat versed in its use.  Knowing about a tool and knowing how to effectively use that tool are very different things.
We get foolish forum topics that try and spook the player base, in an attempt to scare the developers into changing the game in some fashion.
Players angry at the game for changing so they try to hurt the game by telling new players that the game is dying.
Clumsy attempts to use fear as a tool.

Fear is such an ancient tool, and it has a long history of being very effective.  I suspect that in this age most of us have built up a tolerance to fearmongering though.  Every news outlet, and social media site is constantly telling people that they should be afraid of everything all of the time.  People get tired of the feeling of fear.  Eventually people become jaded and suspicious when told to be afraid. "What are you hiding? What are you trying to push me into?"
I would be best to ignore the prophesies of doom that are on the forums. 
Trust the younger generations to be quite aware of fearmongering tactics.  For their entire lives they have been warned about various disasters that have never actually materialized.  
Trust the young folk to recognize when a forum topic is just someone being manipulative.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I do agree that there is a lot of trolls and bad faith posters, but you are essentially asking for something a kin to reddit/discord where only one opinion is correct and everything else is wrong and muted. Why do you think Reddit communities are called hivemind? Well that's the reason, you are either with them or against them and muted.

Steam forum might be a cesspool but its there and everyone has the voice there, not just the fans and the bootlickers

This is a more political note what I'm making now. Everyone in The West complains about how Eastern Countries handle the "freedom of speech". Well Reddit and similar places are essentially the same. Anything is muted, ignored or banned if it goes against the hivemind 

Complain here or in Reddit that you dislike the men getting maid dress and you will 100% be given a warning if not a ban. Do the same on the Steam forums and most likely nothing will happen to you.

Which place is the bad one again?

(Incoming butthurts with the confused face)

Edited by Jin.8501
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Jin.8501 said:

Complain here or in Reddit that you dislike the men getting maid dress and you will 100% be given a warning if not a ban. Do the same on the Steam forums and most likely nothing will happen to you.

Which place is the bad one again?

(Incoming butthurts with the confused face)

Because these opinions have absolutely no value for anyone or anything. You dislike men in maid dress. So kittening what? It doesn't even have value to people who might agree with you. There's literally nothing to do with this information. No further development to be added or pondered upon. It is trash in the literal term and one way to dispose of trash is to burry them down. 

The place that is littered with trash is the dump. I wouldn't call them "bad" because they're useful to keep the trash out of other places but eventually it's so full of it that it starts to spill out we need to empty it and clean it up a bit. 

Edited by Haishao.6851
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

11 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

Its not Trolls its mostly new players.. in Newbies zones.

They join the game expecting a MMO like standard and the starter zones are dead, usually because of most players are in LS4 or EoD Hot trains or Fashion wars in Lions arch. etc.. So they think omfg dead game were is everyone and shoot to the forums..

Not everything is trolls.

Perhaps. Ive never started playing a game thats been around for years and found its starter zone particularly lively.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Perhaps. Ive never started playing a game thats been around for years and found its starter zone particularly lively.

It is kinda strange to we have people complaining on the forum that high level players ruin thier lowbie experience by being in starter maps mowing mobs down.

Even if its just for 4 event dailies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is kinda strange to we have people complaining on the forum that high level players ruin thier lowbie experience by being in starter maps mowing mobs down.

Even if its just for 4 event dailies.

I could see it happening more here where scaling means that high level characters dont overpower low level opposition as much as in other games. Here lower level zones are meant to be played throughout a player's time spent with the game while in many other games they are meant to be moved past without a backward glance.

• Haha 1

Saturday evening and barely any Raids/Strikes in lfg, dungeons totally dead apart from 3 elitsts who do them solo, pvp dead and toxic full of wintraders griefers afkers. On top of that the balance team continues to ruin fun builds. Game has probably less than 10k active players left, the rest are just weekend players who do random stuff in open world for 1 hour

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, MikeOck.7461 said:

Saturday evening and barely any Raids/Strikes in lfg, dungeons totally dead apart from 3 elitsts who do them solo, pvp dead and toxic full of wintraders griefers afkers. On top of that the balance team continues to ruin fun builds. Game has probably less than 10k active players left, the rest are just weekend players who do random stuff in open world for 1 hour

Well since raids and strikes are weekly locked on rewards people done them at the start of the week then dont have a reason to do it anymore.

You could still do them now, just have to get a tag and advertside the squad for what wing/strike you want.

Since 1 in 10, 100, 1000 actualy do it there are alot of people like you just staring at the lfg window.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MikeOck.7461 said:

If this were the case, ANet would not be spending money to make a new expansion, and they would probably announce the shuttering of the game, since 10K players is not enough to support an active development team plus server costs.

Though I do wish PvP and PvE were balanced separately from each other. It bites when a fun PvE build is destroyed because of PvP, when I avoid PvPing.