Daily "Put Arc Divider Back" post until CmC notices or I get a suspension any% speedrun [Merged]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Current 1-hit Arc Divider feels smoother and better to use, especially with Blood Reckoning. Spinning 6 times before the change was yikes, particularly with weapon stowing to achieve higher dps which was annoying and unfun. Good riddance.

Confusion emotes = number of people who are happy for the 3-hit Arc Divider annihilation from orbit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Avatar.3568 said:

step 1, increase dmg of 1 arc divider
step 2, make 3 times arc divider bound to the grandmaster with the dmg increase

Not a bad idea, but 3 spins had great utility.

All the issues that people describe about the 3 spins can be alleviated with better coeffs per strike, animation affected by quickness and maybe give back some dmg to berserk mode itself in wvw. Uneccesary nerf.

• Confused 1

kitten they really didnt put 3spins back yet that's wild *hands on hips*

Although, now it's probably a bad idea because they also nerfed savage instinct in an attempt to rein in condi zerker (it didn't work), so now there's less strike immune to cover it on berserk entry.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

On 12/3/2023 at 8:23 PM, cryorion.9532 said:

Current 1-hit Arc Divider feels smoother and better to use, especially with Blood Reckoning. Spinning 6 times before the change was yikes, particularly with weapon stowing to achieve higher dps which was annoying and unfun. Good riddance.

Confusion emotes = number of people who are happy for the 3-hit Arc Divider annihilation from orbit.

You mean the one confusion emote you yourself put? lol

Most people who agree already left anyway. What is annoying and unfun is dumbing down mechanics, homogenizing classes and just making it boring and less fun for the sake of numbers (this isn't just a warrior issue).  Great games can do both.

• Confused 1

On 12/3/2023 at 8:23 PM, cryorion.9532 said:

There are other heal skills than blood reckoning, and other modes than "hit golem with big hp" 

23 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

There are other heal skills than blood reckoning, and other modes than "hit golem with big hp" 

Frankly, three spins wasn't enough. Increase it to 10 micro doses of spinning. Make axe offhand users jealous while you have "LET IT RIP!" added as a voice line when using it.

Can Anet add more flavor phrases to skills? I'm tired of hearing 'IMMOLATE!' from my Male Charr... I could make a new character or turn voices off- but... immersion.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vinny.7260 said:

Frankly, three spins wasn't enough. Increase it to 10 micro doses of spinning. Make axe offhand users jealous while you have "LET IT RIP!" added as a voice line when using it.

Can Anet add more flavor phrases to skills? I'm tired of hearing 'IMMOLATE!' from my Male Charr... I could make a new character or turn voices off- but... immersion.

10 micro doses of spinning as ammunition, but if you use the last one you daze yourself for 5 seconds because dizzy

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

10 micro doses of spinning as ammunition, but if you use the last one you daze yourself for 5 seconds because dizzy

NO! Hitting Arc Divider causes the Berserker to spin like a top draining 3 adrenaline per second, and hits in an aoe, 450 range every 1/4s interval.

Put on Furious and you get the ultimate LI golem benchmark build.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Treacy.4067 said:

You mean the one confusion emote you yourself put? lol

Most people who agree already left anyway. What is annoying and unfun is dumbing down mechanics, homogenizing classes and just making it boring and less fun for the sake of numbers (this isn't just a warrior issue).  Great games can do both.

The confusion emote is not mine. I was semi-sarcastic but I still think 1-hit AC feels better to use. That's just my personal preference.

Also, what is "dumbing down" about the change of Arc Divider hits (assuming you meant it for this change)? The change didn't really dumb things down. It probably even did the opposite, it forces people to use other skills sooner rather than being in double Arc Divider animation for 3-4 seconds.

What is annoying and unfun is devs intentionally throwing logs under warrior's feet by creating fake complex behavior in simple class design* which results in abominations like Bladesworn and some warrior staff skills.

*think of it as unnecessary overcomplicating things to pretend that the design is more complex when it is not, just like this whole sentence basically

• Thanks 1

[ ] Spinning once and getting hit mid strike by blinding dissipation/flash spark/signet of air/blinding powder/shadow shot/blinding powder/autodefense bomb dispenser/rolling light/leap of faith/any other blind skill that can come out on reaction, so you get absolutely nothing from your grandmaster traits, then getting nerfed because the people that dont press buttons well enough to mitigate it are upset it hit them for a lot

[X] Spinning three times and at least getting your T1 Burst traits for hitting someone in range who didn't dodge + doing half of what you would have done on landing the 1spin at the very least + hitting more targets + no whining from people who tank the first hit then dodge

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

[ ] Spinning once and getting hit mid strike by blinding dissipation/flash spark/signet of air/blinding powder/shadow shot/blinding powder/autodefense bomb dispenser/rolling light/leap of faith/any other blind skill that can come out on reaction, so you get absolutely nothing from your grandmaster traits, then getting nerfed because the people that dont press buttons well enough to mitigate it are upset it hit them for a lot

[X] Spinning three times and at least getting your T1 Burst traits for hitting someone in range who didn't dodge + doing half of what you would have done on landing the 1spin at the very least + hitting more targets + no whining from people who tank the first hit then dodge

You added Flash Spark to your list of skills that blind recently, I feel legally responsible...

Anet should seriously just let it hit multiple times, if it's awkward or clunky in PvE, just make it faster.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Vinny.7260 said:

You added Flash Spark to your list of skills that blind recently, I feel legally responsible...

Perish(respectfully)

Thank goodness there's only like 4 holos in the game that pvp well enough to not implode on a single cc.  They really have us playing the NPC Elden Ring monster RP while everyone else gets safety nets at the press of a button to use -after- they mess up.

• Confused 1