Scorched Earth Meta is Bad

Cael.3960

Seriously. When 6 Berserkers can deal 70% of full squad's total damage with one skill, it needs to be addressed. This skill is so overtuned it's literally dominating every large-scale engagement in WvW right now

Pile on Chrono Grav Well bombs and The Warrior Hammer train  the game is now about who can CC and Scorched Earth burn first. Terrible meta. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Cael.3960 said:

Seriously. When 6 Berserkers can deal 70% of full squad's total damage with one skill, it needs to be addressed. This skill is so overtuned it's literally dominating every large-scale engagement in WvW right now

Pile on Chrono Grav Well bombs and The Warrior Hammer train  the game is now about who can CC and Scorched Earth burn first. Terrible meta. 

still? You just castrated that warrior's big sword and his rifle. Now it's the turn of the big bow. Well, that day will come that you will only be left with the warrior's pants. And it's still not enough for you, even when he's been in his underwear. Then maybe you can play more serenely.🙄

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Cael.3960 said:

I don't understand the complaint.  Did you ever ask for necro wells to be addressed because they were doing the majority of a squad's total damage?  Is the goal now to nerf every damage AoE?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Tell your boon ball to stop standing in the fire puddle.

I thought wvw players wanted higher cap aoes to combat bigger blobs? now we gonna complain about the last aoe that can hit 25? CC bombs have been around since like day one, if you don't know how to avoid them at this point.... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Scorched Earth hits 25 targets/tick and it ticks 3 times, so it's basically no target cap, but that's NOT a problem. As they said, the damage per tick is very small and the same target will hardly stand still and take the 3 hits. In short the longbow is good for producing big numbers but it's not so deadly. It is just like the Purging Flames a while ago. Maybe it is a problem if you have 6 berserkers burning the same area at the same time but in this case any aoe will be deadly. But I agree that there are too many berserkers out there looking for easy damage and to increase the class diversity a bit I would buff rev's hammer, this game needs more damage, not less.

Edited by LordHT.8297
  • Confused 1

I was just in wvw and it seems that condi damage is hitting like a truck. Warriors been nerfed again, Bladesworn skills seems buggy and inconsistent, the boon ball seems stronger, some players are running around taking no damage while standing in place and using no skills with 6 people attacking them, everyone has free ascended food now... but the issue is again warriors are too strong.  Let the streamers, the prideful pvp and ftp players support the game. I've done my part but it seems like pettiness is too ingrained at this piont. 

I fully expect the same treatment  I recieved 8 years ago when I spoke out... so be it.

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3