Idea for Scepter

Knighthonor.4061

My Idea for Scepter it to make it a skill changing weapon like Elementalist, based on the Legend you are using.

1) Demon

Soul Drain Auto chain- which apply conditions as you channel. 

Shadow Portal- Ports enemies to a different area like Call of Anguish use to do.

2)Dwarf

send out magical hammers that fly out and return. 

Dwarven Forge- summon a ground targeted forge that grants might to nearby allies and provides protection per pulse. 

3) Assassin

Jade Shooting auto that sends out Jade Spikes

Mental Madness - Blocks attacks for a short period of time, and depending on the number of attacks blocks, steal health from nearby enemies with a loud roar

4)Ventari

Ally Targeting for healing allies or damage foe with the auto. 

Peaceful Grove- AoE Ground Target channeled heal skill that heals and converts a condition into a boon per pulse. 

5)Dragon

Dragon Breath- Cone attack that burns enemies hit

Jagged Flight- Leap to targeted area slamming down creating jagged spikes that bleed and cripple enemies while granting allies in the landing spot, Crystal Armor which reduces incoming damage from next direct attack and reduce condition damage over the duration while reducing the effect of non damage conditions.

these are just some ideas. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also keep in mind it would change abilties according to legend you're in. So this one is for centaur stance specific.

if scepter 3rd ability would be a placeable teleport 900 range and for 1,5 second you turn into mist 600 aoe radius healing allies and applying some regen boon per pulse (it pulses during 1,5 seconds duration, 5 times). Also to keep the revenant fantasy while you are in mist form, you have 1,5 second evade. and on 12 sec cd, same like other weapons.

15 hours ago, Tekey.5084 said:

Almost sure it's going to be a condi focused weapon. Just hope it doesn't take mace's place in torment based builds. Really not looking forward to play scepter/axe

I would have expected a ranged condi weapon prior to the new weapon masteries giving access to shortbow on every build. At this point, I am hoping for something like the OP is describing, with the skills being based on the legend, though the only clear slot to fill is potentially a 1h/ranged ranged support weapon to pair with shield. 

• Like 2

I'm salty considering pretty much all other classes are getting more than us...

Would really love to see scepter have its skills change based on the legends, but I doubt that is gunna happen.

I want it to be a viable ranged weapon that will give us something new. If not. Then why use it over short bow?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bloodronin.7984 said:

I'm salty considering pretty much all other classes are getting more than us...

Would really love to see scepter have its skills change based on the legends, but I doubt that is gunna happen.

I want it to be a viable ranged weapon that will give us something new. If not. Then why use it over short bow?

Yep, welcome to Revenant the forgotten child. We’re also missing 5+ utilities compared to every other core class 

• Like 2

On 7/18/2023 at 10:22 PM, Riv.7456 said:

I would have expected a ranged condi weapon prior to the new weapon masteries giving access to shortbow on every build. At this point, I am hoping for something like the OP is describing, with the skills being based on the legend, though the only clear slot to fill is potentially a 1h/ranged ranged support weapon to pair with shield. 

I kinda lost my faith on anet since hot came out, so I'm not expecting much, but less see what comes to us. I have my eyes on gs herald anyways, so I'm "kinda okay" with most stuff they could throw at us at this point

I kind of hope that scepter for Revenant has a dual nature like it does for Specter. I like that approach instead of just having it be hard and fast one thing. It does one thing when attacking a foe, but provides healing or shielding when used on an ally. I am curious to see what skills it will be given and hope we get to see or even test them sometime before the expansion.

They still need to look at Hammer and Shield for revs though. hammer just needs something to improve it, and shield, lacks a lot of utility that pretty much every other shield user has (like a reliable CC effect). An ability to erupt shield 5 skill to cause it to do defiance break would be a nice QOL on its own.

• Like 1