Will there be hero points in new maps?

1 hour ago, duskpoo.1824 said:

I don't have max elite specs in all my alts yet, and just wondering if i'll need to hunt hero points in old maps or if I'll get to catch up with hero points in the new map?

most likely not  since there is no new  elite spec to unlock so they are not needed.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I don't think there's any way to know that yet. But there wouldn't be any harm in adding them since we've had far more than we need for years now (enough that people can unlock a new elite spec as soon as the expansion releases) so adding more won't make a big difference and if not they'll need to add something else to count towards map completion, or have more hearts and vistas to compensate.

So I wouldn't be surprised to see them included, even though we won't need more of them since there's no new elite specs.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Unlikely. Most seasons didn’t have them and SoTo is more in keeping with that

Yeah SotO is in a strange position. Expansions had them. Living Seasons didnt. 

SotO is a mixture of those two. I think they will add HP for the new weapons and weapon proficiencies? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

SotO is a mixture of those two. I think they will add HP for the new weapons and weapon proficiencies? 

It is always possible of course, it all depends on how much they assume is already gained from other expacs. If they are starting afresh, then it makes sense to add hero point to help unlock the elites. But it’s also a very small expac with only two maps. That’s not going to give many hero points. And with Revenant missing as an unlock by just owning SoTo and if it is t an oversight, then they may want players to build up from older expacs first.

We will find out at some point. Currently, their over arching strategy seems muddy

1 hour ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Hp no they wont, mastery points on other hand yes ofcourse its a mastery after all.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, jamesg.7128 said:

Communing with already unlocked hero points (place of power) is required for certain functions like converting quartz crystals so I think there would have to be at least a few.

No there would not have to be you can commune in core for those, expansion or mini expansions dont release so you can spend all your time in them.

Why did people not have this problem with living season 3+ maps?

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

hmm.. so the new weapons for professions will be locked behind a mastery point? That wouldn't make sense because they are account wide. 

> This expansion will introduce Weaponmaster Training, which turns the elite specialization weapons already associated with each profession into core proficiencies. Once you’ve unlocked Weaponmaster Training in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure, you’ll be able to use elite specialization weapons without the corresponding trait line equipped. This will be the case even if you haven’t trained an elite specialization. That means that even if you don’t own the other expansions, you’ll be able to mix and match weapons from the elite specializations associated with them. (You’ll still need to own the appropriate expansion and fully unlock each elite specialization to make use of its trait line—not to mention getting the signature weapon and armor piece!)

source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/combat-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

We don't know yet what Weaponmaster Training actually is but if it's a mastery, then yes, using elite weapons without unlocking elites will require that mastery, it would actually make sense to have an unlock like that being grinded once and done.

• Confused 2

I sounds more like a Mastery with new mastery points (the grey/blue burning orb icons) than hero points (the green arrow type icons on the map)
The only thing interesting would be how the mastery point unlocks will work, because Anet could unlock behind several mastery points that they roll out with each map, so you might not be able to get the Weaponmaster Training from the start, but after a few maps, even a few upgrades (like you needed whole seasons of LS to fully unlock all LS masteries like the Essences in the IBS)

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

I sounds more like a Mastery with new mastery points (the grey/blue burning orb icons) than hero points (the green arrow type icons on the map)
The only thing interesting would be how the mastery point unlocks will work, because Anet could unlock behind several mastery points that they roll out with each map, so you might not be able to get the Weaponmaster Training from the start, but after a few maps, even a few upgrades (like you needed whole seasons of LS to fully unlock all LS masteries like the Essences in the IBS)

There will only be 3 maps in the entire expansion so it will be a bounch of em in each map.

The last map will most likely have its own mastery for its points.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

hmm.. so the new weapons for professions will be locked behind a mastery point? That wouldn't make sense because they are account wide. 

Masteries are account wide. The announcement makes it sound like this is something which is supposed to be unlocked once and then is available across your whole account, so making it a mastery would be logical.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Masteries are account wide. The announcement makes it sound like this is something which is supposed to be unlocked once and then is available across your whole account, so making it a mastery would be logical.

Yeah i understand. We are talking about 2 different things here (i think they are different..). I am talking about the new weapon not the ones unlocked via elite specs. For example the necro being able to dual wield short swords. Those will have to be trained before it can be used via Weaponmaster Training. . I know the weapons from elite specs will be unlocked through masteries that would be a logical step. 

6 hours ago, Geralt.7519 said:

We don't know yet what Weaponmaster Training actually is but if it's a mastery, then yes, using elite weapons without unlocking elites will require that mastery, it would actually make sense to have an unlock like that being grinded once and done.

So you are assuming the 4th new weapon which isnt unlocked via elite specs will fall under Weaponmaster Training

You could be right. We have no idea yet. It would seem weird that a new character will directly unlock those new weapons. They have to be trained first through hero points. 

13 minutes ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

So you are assuming the 4th new weapon which isnt unlocked via elite specs will fall under Weaponmaster Training

That's what Anet said, to be able to use an elite weapon without unlocking the elite you will need to unlock Weaponmaster Training.

We just don't know what Weaponmaster Training actually is, but in my opinion it makes sense if it's a mastery.

• Confused 1