Uptick in the use of certain exploits, or ?

Photon.6718

Perhaps it's a function of having more WvW experience and associated awareness, but is anyone else seeing an uptick of certain guilds/servers utilizing WvW exploits like:  repeated teleports to open field locations, gliding (sometimes upward) in enemy territory, groups of players taking almost no damage (invulnerable) for extended periods during zerg fights, and a few solo players attacking/taking objectives while "under the map"?

Of note, the teleport exploit that I've seen lately is most often initiated by one scout of a guild or large squad.  When that scout sees an enemy group or is downed, that scout's group pours in to focus an entire squad's force at that location.  Rinse & repeat for long periods of time.

Even before the last WvW beta, I noticed an upward trend with some of these exploits.  However, over the last 2 weeks the frequency seems to be greater.

Anyone else seeing more of these exploits used lately?

Edited by Photon.6718
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Photon.6718 said:

the teleport exploit that I've seen lately is most often initiated by one scout of a guild or large squad.  When that scout sees an enemy group or is downed, that scout's group pours in to focus an entire squad's force at that location.  Rinse & repeat for long periods of time.

What?

This sounds more like one of the numerous portal skills in the game.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Nope... not a skill or feature; definitely an exploit.  The downed enemy scout had loads of players dropping from the sky -- not near any structure -- on that location.  Happened repeatedly with the same enemy group.

Edited by Photon.6718
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Photon.6718 said:

Nope... not a skill or feature; definitely an exploit.  The downed enemy scout had loads of players dropping from the sky on that location.  Happened repeatedly with the same enemy group.

Now that you mention it, I did see this happen multiple times yesterday, they just appeared with no portal sounds. It was around a tower so I just chalked it up to a really good stealth bomb, but it wasn't like they were running when they appeared, they were just standing there and bombed. Also been a lot of server lag lately in the massive 3 way fights on even borderlands by towers. So who knows, maybe I'll record it next time I see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I ran into Langlor a couple of days before because it was showing as being attacked and I witnessed a mechanist's bot attacking the Veteran Supervisor. When I went to attack it, it logged out. No sight of a Mechanist only a fellow player on top of the storage shed manning a treb but having no visible interaction with the bot. No walls were down and the gate was intact.

Have also witnessed numerous occasions of mechanist teleporting halfway across the map. Like from the front of the north wall door to the right of  SMC northern gate out to the road that leads to ANZ

What I also noticed is they love running up on classes with limited moblity.

Edited by Widebody.5071
  • Like 2

On 7/9/2023 at 5:58 AM, Hesione.9412 said:

A certain chrono hacking - .e.g. going straight through the solid wall of an enemy keep.

There was also a bug on wvw that sometimes client F*UP and walls from structures vanish this happens for me allot on SMC and i can ignore the walls so other players will see me just go through them while they are not even rendered in my client, TDLR  that made me think that wall validations are client based so players can cheat with package editing.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

I saw a player leap off a cliff to his certain doom the other day when I was defending a tower. Only to then see him glide away to safety. So yes, glide cheating is definitely going on, even though it's very blatant when they do it.

What tower? 95% likely you just missed the fact the objective border ended there. "Leap off a cliff" instantly lead me to believe the two southern towers on DBL since they have the border very close to the northern cliff face.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

What tower? 95% likely you just missed the fact the objective border ended there. "Leap off a cliff" instantly lead me to believe the two southern towers on DBL since they have the border very close to the northern cliff face.

It was the tower west of the main keep in Alpine. So no, it wasn't anything to do with the objective borders, which don't start until you get to the last shorter drop before the camp. He threw himself off between the cata spot and the ramp down, and used the glider immediately. Cheating without question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Kranlor Greyhelm.8417 said:

It was the tower west of the main keep in Alpine. So no, it wasn't anything to do with the objective borders, which don't start until you get to the last shorter drop before the camp. He threw himself off between the cata spot and the ramp down, and used the glider immediately. Cheating without question.

You can survive a fall along the cliff there if you get lucky and glider desync when the client thinks someone is gliding while they are running or running when they are gliding isnt that uncommon. Never seen any "glide cheating" before (in comparison to people simply fly hacking).

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Widebody.5071 said:

I ran into Langlor a couple of days before because it was showing as being attacked and I witnessed a mechanist's bot attacking the Veteran Supervisor. When I went to attack it, it logged out. No sight of a Mechanist only a fellow player on top of the storage shed manning a treb but having no visible interaction with the bot. No walls were down and the gate was intact.

Have also witnessed numerous occasions of mechanist teleporting halfway across the map. Like from the front of the north wall door to the right of  SMC northern gate out to the road that leads to ANZ

What I also noticed is they love running up on classes with limited moblity.

Well that sounds like a bug or hack, if the mechanist was indeed nowhere close by. Pet pathing is pretty bugged in wvw too. A lot of times you can aggro pets through the wall/gate and then they run into the objective. The other night in hills mid inner I did aoes on the gate and suddenly there's like 10 pets(ranger eng necro) running through the left wall to come after me, same with north inner gate. Now idea why mechanist got teleport when they have access to rocket boots. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Well that sounds like a bug or hack, if the mechanist was indeed nowhere close by. Pet pathing is pretty bugged in wvw too. A lot of times you can aggro pets through the wall/gate and then they run into the objective. The other night in hills mid inner I did aoes on the gate and suddenly there's like 10 pets(ranger eng necro) running through the left wall to come after me, same with north inner gate. Now idea why mechanist got teleport when they have access to rocket boots. 🤷‍♂️

I can tell you from first hand seeing it, mechanist mech and necro pets will appear on the other side of structure walls/gates and start attacking enemy npcs/players/siege. Sounds more like a bug then a hack.

9 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

I can tell you from first hand seeing it, mechanist mech and necro pets will appear on the other side of structure walls/gates and start attacking enemy npcs/players/siege. Sounds more like a bug then a hack.

This was not the other side of a gate or wall it was in the middle of the courtyard going at it with the supervisor. 

• Like 1