An easy and fair solution to the "easier Skyscaler drama". [Merged]

18 hours ago, Aodlop.1907 said:

- Make it easier to get, as promised 

- Give those who earned it prior to the next expansion's launch a unique skin for it, that only them will ever have

There. The skyscale can now be acquired by most people, and those who put in the effort to get it back when it was a grind are rewarded with a unique appearance, and a display of their efforts. 

Everyone is happy. 

I like it. I got my skyscale a month ago, but I wouldn't mind a new skin for my skyscale too!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Fearless.3569 said:

That is easy to prove. Just monitor how many people don't have a Skyscales in the game, and ask them why? I still notice that a lot of players don't have a Skyscale yet. 

How is that easy to prove?  How do you monitor how many people don't have a skyscale?  Just because they may not be currently using one doesn't mean that they don't have one.  And to have real data, you'd have to ask thousands and thousands of players in game.

2 hours ago, leila.7962 said:

It really shouldn't be a drama.. I'm sure a lot of the people complaining have at least one, if not all, of the following:

• Ascended armor/weapons that were not crafted by yourself
  • Ascended trinkets that didn't come from guild missions or fractals
  •  Legendary precursor that was crafted
  • Legendary amulet that is earned by PvE content instead of PvP

For those that don't know:

• The ONLY way to get ascended armor and weapon was through crafting (and boy those mats were pricy.. Elonian leathers were at least 15g each..)
  • The ONLY way to get ascended trinkets were through doing a lottttttt of guild missions successfully (cause they were hard for the players back then and guilds had to level up before being able to access missions that people could earn more guild commendations to trade for trinkets) 
  • The ONLY ways to have a precursor back then were either dropping or buying from the TP, so you had to actually save a lottttt of gold to have it instead of slowly work your way to get it 
  • The ONLY way to have a legendary amulet for a long time, was through PvP.. but a lot of people wouldn't do it 

Just really, get over it.. people who started recently in the game will always get things easier than you if you played back when X or Y content was released. Being sour over other people having it easier than you did is just silly... Anet has to plan new content in a way that newer players can actually participate too, or else it would just take them way too long to get to where you are now to actually buy, and therefore, support the game you are eagerly waiting for.

Yeah, indeed the whole thing has too much drama that has dragged a lot. 

I think it's fine to have a second way to get the skyscale, especially since they'll make it so it's not gonna be at it's full potential if you go that route alone. I do hope though it's not gonna be trivial and basically just handed out to people for free, it would take away from the novelty it currently has. 

I do understand why a lot of people are upset about it though. Imagine for a second that when the next mini-expac comes around all mounts will be made a f2p feature, and Skyscales will be handed out at level 10 for free. Wouldn't you feel cheated then, that people get something for free that you had to pay for, that's what people are worried the game will turn into. I don't think it will but I'm not the one to decide. 

Maybe that was an extreme example, but effectively that's what it is. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

There is no need for this. Hundreds of thousands of players have the Skyscale. The only players with Skyscales that have an issue with them being easier to get in the next expansion are the ones who come here to complain about it which isn't really that many. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

No. Will not happen.

Skin = money. For a one-time purchase game, these money keeps servers afloat.

Long quest = game time, higher probability of someone spending on Gem Store = money.

Want something? Work for it. Lots of people have it. Heck, I have it and I have a full-time job. People who have family/kids have it.

Tip? Just do one step at a time. Does not matter if you play 1hr a day or 16hrs. If you start it now, you will get it.

Otherwise:

It's boring? then you don't want it enough.

It's tedious? then you don't want it enough.

It's grindy? then you don't want it enough.

But I play to relax. then you don't want it enough. Go play The Sims or something. Tetris.

What's with the current generation wanting everything easy. If people who want Skyscale start doing Skyscale-y quests now instead of coming up with ideas to "make it easier" - they would've had Skyscale now, or half of the progress.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, knives.6345 said:

No. Will not happen.

Skin = money. For a one-time purchase game, these money keeps servers afloat.

Long quest = game time, higher probability of someone spending on Gem Store = money.

Want something? Work for it. Lots of people have it. Heck, I have it and I have a full-time job. People who have family/kids have it.

Tip? Just do one step at a time. Does not matter if you play 1hr a day or 16hrs. If you start it now, you will get it.

Otherwise:

It's boring? then you don't want it enough.

It's tedious? then you don't want it enough.

It's grindy? then you don't want it enough.

But I play to relax. then you don't want it enough. Go play The Sims or something. Tetris.

What's with the current generation wanting everything easy. If people who want Skyscale start doing Skyscale-y quests now instead of coming up with ideas to "make it easier" - they would've had Skyscale now, or half of the progress.

Well they dont have to since Anet want money so they will get skyscale 46 days if they buy the newest mini expansion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Whats the issue here. The only way to have a fully unlocked skyscale requires doing both collections. They are adding 2nd in game earnable mount skin ever. 

You are still locked out of vision with the pof skyscale collection. Player that do both will have a better skyscale experience. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's the 'Skyscale Mastery Updates' section of this article: https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/a-new-chapter-begins-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Yes, I am familiar with that, but no were in there do I see anything that says people who do the new Skyscale acquisition will not be able to go back and do the original mastery track, or that they will be required to do the original Skyscale collection to unlock it.

On 7/6/2023 at 1:27 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

- Give those who earned it prior to the next expansion's launch a unique skin for it, that only them will ever have

There. The skyscale can now be acquired by most people, and those who put in the effort to get it back when it was a grind are rewarded with a unique appearance, and a display of their efforts. 

Everyone is happy. 

If I read it correctly the players that already have the skyscale, when the new expansion comes out, will get special skyscale skills.

• Haha 2

I'm glad that after the release of the expansion, players will find it easier to acquire Skyscale. I started unlocking this mount before the announcement and finished after it, literally just got the mount a few days ago. I originally tried to go through the whole process without investing gold and could have waited for the release of the new DLC, of course, but I wanted to finish all this mess out of principle.

I am truly and sincerely glad that this process will become easier for new players as well as for those who could not or did not want to get it earlier for various reasons. I can only say that this was my most terrible experience of all I have ever experienced in absolutely any game. I never want to repeat anything like this in my life and never will, even if it's the most super useful thing in the game. And to be honest - I don't even use Skyscale now, I probably developed some kind of disgust for all that nightmare, grind, all these time restrictions, a hundreds of collectibles, visiting the same places thousands times, etc., and I just can't find any use for it at all. I got no pleasure from this process and consider it the most vain waste of time of everything I've ever done in my life. And even when the coveted "New Mount Acquired" appeared on the screen, the first thought wasn't "Wow, cool!" but just a [censored] nothing in terms of emotions and only one phrase in my head - "thanx God this [censored] [censored] is over".

I don't want any rewards for unlocking this mount the "legacy" way and no advantages over those who will unlock it in an easier way because I wouldn't wish anyone ever to go through such a hassle to get essentially a useless mount. I genuinely look at things and realize that it's simply not worth all that had to go through. It's just another something that a player can get, but which he can do perfectly well without, unlike, say, the griffon

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

On 7/6/2023 at 7:32 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I still find it crazy that people actually believe that the skyscale is a grind or an accomplishment. 

The drama is overblown. 

Yep, it’s amazing, not even a week of work. Wait until they hear from aurora and vision and the droprates of certain collection items 😝

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WithoutAssumption.7936 said:

Back in the day gathering the patience to grind 250 of each PoF map currency was an accomplishment.

Very true, I found out mid collection and I gave up, I finished it when they introduced the Bjora Marches vendor. Then they made return to living story that gives you 250 for each map so you don't even have to farm ice shards anymore.

I honestly don't care if they make it easier, the skyscale saved me from so many headaches navigating HoT maps that I would give it for free to everyone if it can help keeping those maps always relevant.

I don't get all the drama about it, it's a mount that can make the game much more enjoyable to many people, why some people don't want others to enjoy the game is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chronardis.4028 said:

As far as I know, we get demonic skyscale skin for maxing out both the old and the new mastery track, and we get upgraded abilities. Seems perfectly fair to me. 

the skin you most likely only need the new track mate.

They would not advertise it with the expansion if it needed season 4 mastery to get.

Edited by Linken.6345

7 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

the skin you most likely only need the new track mate.

They would not advertise it with the expansion if it needed season 4 mastery to get.

Fair enough. I misunderstood. Still, we do get nice benefits from completing both tracks, so it'll still be worth having gotten the skyscale in LS4.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I still find it crazy that people actually believe that the skyscale is a grind or an accomplishment. 

The drama is overblown. 

Honestly, just looking at the metabattle guide for the Skyscale feels rather overwhelming as someone who hasn't done it yet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 12:27 PM, Aodlop.1907 said:

Everyone is happy. 

The problem here is it makes it so that newer players will never have a chance to get this skin.

The new Skyscale collection should give something that makes it uniquely different from the old collection so that there's an incentive for players to get both collections.

• Confused 3