(pvp) evis and decapitate huge difference. why

felix.2386

deca somehow has 40% more damage than level 3 evis...

also i hate to say it, but no matter how much people dislike new arc divider, you can't deny the fact that

now power berserker is actually way stronger than power defense spellbreaker, possibly even better than bladesworn now, but bladesworn is way off meta now, so there's that, entire warrior class is off meta, the new arc divider is pretty strong(in relative to other warrior)

edit: power berserker is just generally strong against other warriors, still very mediocre and can be worse at fighting other classes compared to bladesworn and spellbreaker due to the lack of utilities.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

deca somehow has 40% more damage than level 3 evis...

Yes. They have the same coefficient, but damage mods from entering berserk mode will net you about 2k damage on a glass skill that ordinarily does 5k. If you build right. On a class that is also glass. Assuming you don't glance or miss with the additional telegraph.

Would you consider this surprising given that you have to spend adrenaline to enter the mode and additionally telegraph to use it?  Would you expect them to be the same damage? 

also i hate to say it, but no matter how much people dislike new arc divider, you can't deny the fact thatnow power berserker is actually way stronger than power defense spellbreaker

@gmmg.9210, thoughts? You play this thing, I play the other thing. Which one do you think wins that overall? 

, possibly even better than bladesworn now

Not even close.

the new arc divider is pretty strong(in relative to other warrior)

refer to my other posts on why making a skill that can be blocked by a single stack of aegis or blind proc a single strike is actually worse than making it a multi hit attack. 

power berserker could possibly be the best pvp power warrior build right now.

Sure, why not. I have nothing to defend here. Give it a shot. Tell me what you think~ It's not like we have been having a string of people trying out zerker just to magnet right back to bladesworn/spb for some reason. If you wanna spar and figure that out, hit me up whenever~

entire e-spec is getting carried by 4 sec of endure pain for free with stab.

Correct. giving me four seconds of damage immune I can set up whenever I want makes getting setups much easier than it used to be. You're still not going to move a bladesworn, and most other specs will out-mechanic you if you don't think about their buttons before they do, but as someone who used to run bloody roar, Eternal Champion is a no brainer for pvp.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Azure The Heartless.3261 even while I said I will leave PvP. I did it but still Play it at least 1 Match each day. Power Zerker is actually like 1 change away from be as strong as a decent baldesworn. (In fact it actually could kill a Bladesworn) There is actually only 1 or 2 things that holding it back.

1: No Fury gain while you hit an enemy with Arc Divider.

So to gain fury you use Heat the Soul but in this case you will loose a good dmg boost (blood reaction) or a good Defence Option (dead or alive)

2. Decapitate still does not realy good dmg and is with a 2.0 Power scaling as bad as eviscerate. This is why u are actually in need to play Sword offhand. Just in the case you actually do enough dmg to hard pressure the enemy. This means u loose the weapon slot for shield (Warriors yet best and only Defence weapon)

Also for the one who wana try Power Zerker out...... here u get tha build^^

Power_Defence_Berserker

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

But Decapitate and T3 Eviscerate both have exactly the same power coeff in PVP/WVW (2.0)?

Idk on my build without any boon tool tip, level 3 evis is 1.7k, deca is 2.4k

And to my knowledge, modifiers don't show on tooltip. Or i am wrong

Edited by felix.2386
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 even while I said I will leave PvP. I did it but still Play it at least 1 Match each day. Power Zerker is actually like 1 change away from be as strong as a decent baldesworn. (In fact it actually could kill a Bladesworn) There is actually only 1 or 2 things that holding it back.

1: No Fury gain while you hit an enemy with Arc Divider.

So to gain fury you use Heat the Soul but in this case you will loose a good dmg boost (blood reaction) or a good Defence Option (dead or alive)

2. Decapitate still does not realy good dmg and is with a 2.0 Power scaling as bad as eviscerate. This is why u are actually in need to play Sword offhand. Just in the case you actually do enough dmg to hard pressure the enemy. This means u loose the weapon slot for shield (Warriors yet best and only Defence weapon)

Also for the one who wana try Power Zerker out...... here u get tha build^^

Power_Defence_Berserker

Heat the soul is literally the best, arc can be crit with sigil of intelligence. Then you proc fury, Which will make your sword 4 and deca crit so much more often. 

Fury pretty much fixed most of damage problem for berserker,

Tho the duration is pretty short, Which is why u use sigil of intelligence to cover for more crit up time. And occasional arcing slice also helps.

i chain deca And axe 2 into cancel berserk for quickness arcing slice to guarantee damage, quickness is just so much better than camping berserk for arc divider, Specially when enemy is below 50. So you also get fury from that.

And one hit crit arc divider actually hit so hard.

But yea, power berserker now beats power spellbreaker in every way, you probably only have 15% chance of winning. The cooldown simply can Not keep up.

I'd argue that power berserker is already better than bladesworn in ranked Because it kills faster.

Bsw probably still better in competitive 5v5 Because it holds point better.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Yes. They have the same coefficient, but damage mods from entering berserk mode will net you about 2k damage on a glass skill that ordinarily does 5k. If you build right. On a class that is also glass. Assuming you don't glance or miss with the additional telegraph.

Would you consider this surprising given that you have to spend adrenaline to enter the mode and additionally telegraph to use it?  Would you expect them to be the same damage? 

@gmmg.9210, thoughts? You play this thing, I play the other thing. Which one do you think wins that overall? 

Not even close.

refer to my other posts on why making a skill that can be blocked by a single stack of aegis or blind proc a single strike is actually worse than making it a multi hit attack. 

Sure, why not. I have nothing to defend here. Give it a shot. Tell me what you think~ It's not like we have been having a string of people trying out zerker just to magnet right back to bladesworn/spb for some reason. If you wanna spar and figure that out, hit me up whenever~

Correct. giving me four seconds of damage immune I can set up whenever I want makes getting setups much easier than it used to be. You're still not going to move a bladesworn, and most other specs will out-mechanic you if you don't think about their buttons before they do, but as someone who used to run bloody roar, Eternal Champion is a no brainer for pvp.

I honestly think all three warrior specs are mediocre rn, condi Zerk tank is super annoying and strong but I don’t find it too fun to play. Regardless cata is better than them all.

I think some stability on trigger guard for blade would help a ton, even if it was just 1 1/2 seconds. For sb just giving might makes right more health per stack of might to help the strength line be a viable pick compared to defense, also slightly nerfing unshakable mountain to 900 barrier to compensate and reduce annoying “never gets killed” blades, and giving arc divider and evis baseline slightly more dps to help out power zerker.

These changes would be buffs overall to make all three specs much more viable 

Edited by gmmg.9210

I fought a power berserker on power spellbreaker yesterday, none of my defensive nor offensive cooldowns could keep up

Every cooldown i have feels too long compared to power berserker to be honest, and a single arc divider takes like 30~40% of my HP with quickness and no need for set up.

And it even got ranged pressure via throw axe and throw sword. (outside of gs4)

Also better mobility because super speeds.

So basically he could kit and i could not because he's faster, and disregard throw axe/sword, he also outrange me in form of arc divider/decapitate, i could not hit him while he could.

And full counter and dagger 3 becomes unusable due to high stab up time.

Even if you manage to breaching strike and cc, he could just enter or exist berserk and you will also eat a burst skill in the face.

He also got more dodges because eternal champion gives endurance

I haven't checked the numbers but it felt like arc divider hit as hard as fully charged DT in pvp

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Sad 1

@gmmg.9210 while i agree on everything u said. I would not mind them If they acutually buff every Power burst dmg Skill warrior get. (Aside Arcing Slice and Arc Divider)  Cause it does feel nowdays that every single class could easily hit ways harder than warr does plus could (Most of the time) be more sustain or Spam dodge than warr could do. So a small dmg buff though all Power Burst skills for warr would be more than Welcome 

7 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

I fought a power berserker on power spellbreaker yesterday, none of my defensive nor offensive cooldowns could keep up

Every cooldown i have feels too long compared to power berserker to be honest, and a single arc divider takes like 30~40% of my HP with quickness and no need for set up.

And it even got ranged pressure via throw axe and throw sword. (outside of gs4)

Also better mobility because super speeds.

So basically he could kit and i could not because he's faster, and disregard throw axe/sword, he also outrange me in form of arc divider/decapitate, i could not hit him while he could.

And full counter and dagger 3 becomes unusable due to high stab up time.

Even if you manage to breaching strike and cc, he could just enter or exist berserk and you will also eat a burst skill in the face.

He also got more dodges because eternal champion gives endurance

I haven't checked the numbers but it felt like arc divider hit as hard as fully charged DT in pvp

Interesting. Let me look at it again.

and a single arc divider takes like 30~40% of my HP with quickness and no need for set up.

6k is a 33% of 18, correct. This shouldn't be hitting people to begin with though. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

update on my statement, this build simply hard counter spellbreaker, that's it, there's literally no way for spellbreaker to beat it.

still very meh fighting other classes, but that may be because warrior in general is very meh.

spellbreaker is still be better at fighting other classes tbh, due to it's ability to render some meme mechanics useless.

power berserker will still get meme'd hard by low tier condi builds and stealth/blind spam.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

update on my statement, this build simply hard counter spellbreaker, that's it, there's literally no way for spellbreaker to beat it.

still very meh fighting other classes, but that may be because warrior in general is very meh.

spellbreaker is still be better at fighting other classes tbh, due to it's ability to render some meme mechanics useless.

power berserker will still get meme'd hard by low tier condi builds and stealth/blind spam.

This synopsis seems correct upon inspection.