Unfair pricing for old players

2 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

ArenaNet. Steam suggests a price for each currency and ArenaNet either accepts it or puts whatever they want. The price is fixed, so when the exchange rate changes, this is the result. EoD is $1 = 14.92, SotO is $1 = 19.28, and for comparison, ESO is $1 = 9.98, which is the recommended price.

Finally... Someone understands that situation..

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

ArenaNet. Steam suggests a price for each currency and ArenaNet either accepts it or puts whatever they want. The price is fixed, so when the exchange rate changes, this is the result. EoD is $1 = 14.92, SotO is $1 = 19.28, and for comparison, ESO is $1 = 9.98, which is the recommended price.

So its to expensive on steam?

I thought the OP complained it was to cheap and here u say EoD is 50% more expensive then it should be and SotO is 100% more then the recommended 10 bucks?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I thought the OP complained it was to cheap and here u say EoD is 50% more expensive then it should be and SotO is 100% more then the recommended 10 bucks?

I'm not a good at English. But im exactly trying to tell this. I'm not complaining because "it's cheap" its expensive for us.

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Heroic.6740 said:

Yeah, thats what im talking about. Why are we paying more?

The same could be said for TVs, or electronics in general or more games.  Games go down in price, so newer players get them cheaper. The advantage to buying them earlier is that you have more time playing them.

You can either wait for something to go down in price and no use/play it, or you can buy it when it's newer. This is pretty much how most games are.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vayne.8563 said:

The same could be said for TVs, or electronics in general or more games.  Games go down in price, so newer players get them cheaper. The advantage to buying them earlier is that you have more time playing them.

You can either wait for something to go down in price and no use/play it, or you can buy it when it's newer. This is pretty much how most games are.

For the new expansions theres no advantage for old - new players. The expansion is new for both of us. But that guy pays much cheaper than us.

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, Heroic.6740 said:

For the new expansions theres no advantage for old - new players. The expansion is new for both of us. But that guy pays much cheaper than us.

When I bought the game, 10 years ago, the game wasn't available on Steam with regional pricing. You bought the game BEFORE it was available on Steam. That guy, if he bought the game when you did, would be in the same boat you did.

What you're complaining about is life changing the situation. Anet has never used regional pricing to my knowledge. Anyone who buys it cheaper today, still would be in your case and have to start over. Therefore, a new guy doesn't get an advantage, because he hasn't played the game for years. And I wouldn't trade those years for the price different. YMMV.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you desire the advantages of Steam, make a Steam account.

If you desire the advantages of your 9-year old account, pay the price. 

You can play your current non Steam account through Steam though… now getting a purchase from Steam to be recognized by Anet account is a different story sadly 

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678

On 7/8/2023 at 4:52 AM, Heroic.6740 said:

As an old Guild Wars 2 player, I feel betrayed and disappointed by the different pricing on Steam.

I too am disappointed by the different pricing on Steam...

I then read what you meant... that it is cheaper to buy on Steam.  For me it is the other way around, it is MORE expensive to buy on Steam.

EG: ArenaNet $10 crystals are around $11, and $20 crystals are around $22... Steam $10 crystals are over $15, and $20 crystals are over $30... So buying on Steam, for me, I am paying half more on top of the actual cost of the crystals. Yet through ArenaNet, it is only a couple of dollars more...

I am in Australia and I am thinking it is a regional thing to do with Steam... but I don't know why it costs more on Steam than it does through ArenaNet.

I wish I NEVER went through Steam.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Lanfear De Noir.9127 said:

A game like GW2 directly lives and develops further proportinal to the income from player. NCSoft always took it's fee for financing Arenanet, but in general I think much more of spending for the game goes into the further development of the game, than it does in other games.

Given that using a shop with quite high margin like steam instead of buying directly at ANet directly means less future content.

2 hours ago, Lanfear De Noir.9127 said:

I too am disappointed by the different pricing on Steam...

I then read what you meant... that it is cheaper to buy on Steam.  For me it is the other way around, it is MORE expensive to buy on Steam.

EG: ArenaNet $10 crystals are around $11, and $20 crystals are around $22... Steam $10 crystals are over $15, and $20 crystals are over $30... So buying on Steam, for me, I am paying half more on top of the actual cost of the crystals. Yet through ArenaNet, it is only a couple of dollars more...

I am in Australia and I am thinking it is a regional thing to do with Steam... but I don't know why it costs more on Steam than it does through ArenaNet.

Do you wanna trade accounts(!) xD

• Confused 3

I dont know. I'm an old player all the way back through when GW1 first released. I purchased everything brand new and didn't get to benefit from the package deal pricing 🤷‍♂️. We just bought my wife the complete collection plus Soto and she mentioned the price and I told her players like myself paid more than that over time so in all actuality it's a good deal for new players. But hey, we missed the sale by about one week and she says "what can you do"...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Heroic.6740 said:

There are 2 separate stores... I have a 9 year old geared character with HoT and PoF. I wish to use Steam "STORE" to buy the expansions. But the game forces me to buy it somewhere else.

Well if its possible to give my 9 years to start over. I really wish. 

Those are not two separate A-Net stores.  One store is A-Net, and the other is Steam.  Steam does not own A-Net, nor does A-Net own Steam, so this is a false equivalence.  Let's look at this another way, however:  I bought PoF and HoT separately, because when I bought them, that's how they were sold.  They are now a package deal.  Should I be insisting that I get a refund because the package is cheaper than what I paid?  How about the fact that I got the base game for free, since I didn't start up here until after the base game became free.  Should everyone that purchased it previously be getting a refund?

Prices vary based on regions, and vendors.  They also vary according to when something is purchased, per my example above.  It's not unfair, it's just the way things are.  There's no global conspiracy to rip anyone off.  Prices get reduced to encourage sales, such as the Steam sale that's currently going on.  Don't let that fool you though, because GoG is having a sale too, and I'd bet that other game companies are running something similar as well.  These sales happen every year, and yet, nobody that paid full price for a game is complaining about the sale, well, except for you, it seems.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

They're not doing regional pricing, so in countries like this, yes. If there was a physical box available, it would be priced appropriately. As is, ArenaNet is selling SotO for the same price as new major games from their perspective.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

I dont know. I'm an old player all the way back through when GW1 first released. I purchased everything brand new and didn't get to benefit from the package deal pricing 🤷‍♂️. We just bought my wife the complete collection plus Soto and she mentioned the price and I told her players like myself paid more than that over time so in all actuality it's a good deal for new players. But hey, we missed the sale by about one week and she says "what can you do"...

Just write support they are good with honoring sales close to when you buy it

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Its an annoying mess that anet made with separate steam client. Yeah minor stuff like missing achieves, regional pricing but why? Sometimes they just come as incompetent when they create these minor problems noone else has problems with. 

The guy has a point. Its the same game were all playing, on same server but we all have certain minor limitations depending on which shop you used. Never seen hiccups like this in any other game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

On 7/8/2023 at 2:24 PM, Heroic.6740 said:

I don't want to pay cheaper. I want equality for every player. If you are paying 25€ that guy on Steam needs to pay 25€ too. 

Secondly, the games on Steam is almost %40 cheaper than the page of any game in Turkey. Thats unfair too. Games are not the "must to buy" things.

about prices / its depends on economy and location, they usuealy check ur IP and thats how prices are shown. 
one time I buy laptop there where two website was was UK and other USA on UK the laptop was 1700pounds and on USA it was 1200dolars with was way cheaper, when I try to buy it from USA to UK they wont let my as it was regional price. So I guess is same thing here.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Silesium.5623 said:

about prices / its depends on economy and location, they usuealy check ur IP and thats how prices are shown. 
one time I buy laptop there where two website was was UK and other USA on UK the laptop was 1700pounds and on USA it was 1200dolars with was way cheaper, when I try to buy it from USA to UK they wont let my as it was regional price. So I guess is same thing here.

You are missing a spot.  In your situation, you can find someone to buy that product for you. But GW2 game doesnt let me get it from anyone on Steam.. ıt's like Anet accounts are permabanned from Steam.

*As i said i quit. They answered my ticket (https://prnt.sc/FpvDYc9xvL5L). Now im playing GW3 🙂 (https://prnt.sc/1-WjFodBaC_Q)*

Edit: (https://prnt.sc/I6RgkhwhV8Nw) This is the GW3 Prices btw.

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Heroic.6740 said:

You are missing a spot.  In your situation, you can find someone to buy that product for you. But GW2 game doesnt let me get it from anyone on Steam.. ıt's like Anet accounts are permabanned from Steam.

*As i said i quit. They answered my ticket (https://prnt.sc/FpvDYc9xvL5L). Now im playing GW3 🙂 (https://prnt.sc/1-WjFodBaC_Q)*

You’re missing a point they would pay more in shipping to the UK from the US if they had someone buy the US one and ship it shipping costs, duties, fees and taxes are a thing.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Bir noktayı kaçırıyorsunuz, eğer birisi ABD'den bir tane satın alıp gönderseydi, ABD'den Birleşik Krallık'a nakliye için daha fazla ödeyeceklerdi nakliye masrafları, vergiler, harçlar ve vergiler bir şeydir.

You are comparing a digital product with physical product

10 hours ago, Heroic.6740 said:

Ah, yes. To save a few bucks you choose to buy wow expansion with a monthly subscription paying like 13 dollars. Makes total sense 👍The logic is flawless. Congratulations!

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

Ah, yes. To save a few bucks you choose to buy wow expansion with a monthly subscription paying like 13 dollars. Makes total sense 👍The logic is flawless. Congratulations!

Funny guy.. (https://prnt.sc/BPI4H1kGjSgY

I'm not complaining about the price of the game. You just didn't understand this.. This price is same for old and new players. Nothing makes new players VIP players.

Edited by Heroic.6740
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1