So when it the lag getting addressed?

RisenHowl.2419

3 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I'm on an older system with a 1080 Ti.  My settings are mostly medium, with character model limit high and character model quality low, standard enemy models, no post processing, no shaders or shadows.  Frame rate limited to 60.  I average probably about 30-40 fps in massive fights.  It's not unplayable at all.

The whole point of my post is to say that ANET needs to fix their servers, as its not a user issue.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Hadan.2841 said:

T4 is extremely laggy with guilds like SOUL and BP running rise/no escape on mesmers, and lich minions. They pop those minions the servers cant sustain and nothing works. 

edit: one example, we were desperate to counter them so we had our 2 reapers attempt to run RISE back but it didn't seem to effect them as hard as it did us. Eventually skills just don't work. At this point we just walk away from certain groups now, this game is 10 years old, its easier to just deny people content then feed into anet's broke systems. 

Edit # 2, Another example of the lag 

Hopefully groups can reach some kind of informal agreement to not do this. Up to this point, I will assume the best intent in people and thus assume these effects are unintentional. 

Otherwise we should not entertain this kind of trash at all. Yes it's the game's fault. I don't care.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

T4 is extremely laggy with guilds like SOUL and BP running rise/no escape on mesmers, and lich minions. They pop those minions the servers cant sustain and nothing works. 

edit: one example, we were desperate to counter them so we had our 2 reapers attempt to run RISE back but it didn't seem to effect them as hard as it did us. Eventually skills just don't work. At this point we just walk away from certain groups now, this game is 10 years old, its easier to just deny people content then feed into anet's broke systems. 

You say T4 is EXTREMELY laggy but don't post recent footage of fights in t4 being laggy when fighting soul. You say you ran 2 rise reapers to attempt to counter souls 4-6 rise reapers that have somewhat more experience using the build, in a fight that happened I don't know how many weeks ago when EVERYONE was experiencing skill lag.

Here are recent fights using Rise in T4 and some more during the Alliance beta a while back showing no EXTREME lag

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQWxtlh8Ai4

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

these videos were recorded within the last two weeks. The BP one was recorded last night. If anything its good to see from your pov, I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive when you just proved your side is barely lagging while the other sides are crippled. Its an issue anet needs to address, Idc if guilds use the skills, but the issues coming from them need to be addressed. 

Edited by Hadan.2841
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ksun.4810 said:

You say T4 is EXTREMELY laggy but don't post recent footage of fights in t4 being laggy when fighting soul. You say you ran 2 rise reapers to attempt to counter souls 4-6 rise reapers that have somewhat more experience using the build, in a fight that happened I don't know how many weeks ago when EVERYONE was experiencing skill lag.

Here are recent fights using Rise in T4 and some more during the Alliance beta a while back showing no EXTREME lag

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQWxtlh8Ai4

The first video was mine. Recorded July 12th. 1 week ago. Tell me it's not recent now.

• Like 1

these videos were recorded within the last two weeks. The BP one was recorded last night. If anything its good to see from your pov, I'm not sure why you are getting so defensive when you just proved your side is barely lagging while the other sides are crippled. Its an issue anet needs to address, Idc if guilds use the skills, but the issues coming from them need to be addressed. 

Here is a good POV of a JADE fighting soul in multiple fights not feeling any skill lag on the Jul 16.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQDsm3pubs

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Ksun.4810 said:

Here is a good POV of a JADE fighting soul in multiple fights not feeling any skill lag on the Jul 16.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IQDsm3pubs

These are cherry picked videos from this past week. 70% of the fights i didnt save because the lag was so bad. most fights my shatter skills wouldnt go off or my SYG on my guard wouldnt go off either. Nice try though.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, DukemNukem.2486 said:

These are cherry picked videos from this past week. 70% of the fights i didnt save because the lag was so bad. most fights my shatter skills wouldnt go off or my SYG on my guard wouldnt go off either. Nice try though.

Yes I agree that the skill lag last week was very bad, everyone had skill lag even soul that week, that vid was just to point out that both sides had no skill lag after the most recent WvW reset.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ksun.4810 said:

Yes I agree that the skill lag last week was very bad, everyone had skill lag even soul that week, that vid was just to point out that both sides had no skill lag after the most recent WvW reset.

Thats where you are wrong. most of these clips are from THIS week not last week. The lag is still very much bad.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Ksun.4810 said:

We are show casing what is happening every time we fight a comp with Rise/phantasm/minions etc. I'm not blaming you, soul or BP, its a legit strat/comp to run and you guys run it very well but its causing issues that anet needs to address and my post are directed to anet to look into and figure it out. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 4

I wonder where this recent lag is actually coming from. Perhaps we need to "(spam) rise" to the occasion and get better servers. I am sure it will fix the problem. Maybe if everybody "(spam) rise" to the occasion and pretend there is no elephant in the room and this game will be more fun. It would be pretty interesting.

Edited by AphoticEssance.7592
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Been seeing this skill lag pretty heavily on GoM as well against certain groups.  Our group (CTH) doesn't run RISE/lich and we generally have a very low Mesmer turn out (lucky to get 2 for the 20-25 guildies who show up) as we are a pretty casual group.  When we got hit with the skill lag, it felt like it was universally felt by the enemies as well as incoming damage was reduced as much as outgoing damage.  For groups like SOUL, they hit hard and fast and often catch people by surprise, it wouldn't be abnormal for them to not  be as affected by skill lag when their first hits cut so many down and reduce server load.

• Sad 1

It was pretty horrible on Gates of Madness alpine borderland reset.  Both the SBI and SoR queues ran really heavy Rise Reaper/Lich comps, even felt them clashing across the map when we werent near. R value on the arc DPS metrics would constantly be in the red once they started combat until enough of them were dead.  Some people were even getting dropped and having their windows blue screen who typically do not have issues with the game crashing or any lag (some with arc, others without).  It wont be long now before almost every comped group is running it and it comes down to who casts their scorched earths and Rise's first wins.

Edited by neven.3785
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, neven.3785 said:

It was pretty horrible on Gates of Madness alpine borderland reset.  Both the SBI and SoR queues ran really heavy Rise Reaper/Lich comps, even felt them clashing across the map when we werent near. R value on the arc DPS metrics would constantly be in the red once they started combat until enough of them were dead.  Some people were even getting dropped and having their windows blue screen who typically do not have issues with the game crashing or any lag (some with arc, others without).  It wont be long now before almost every comped group is running it and it comes down to who casts their scorched earths and Rise's first wins.

Same can be said for SoR bl last night. SoR was mostly clouding and unorganized but when they clashed with Blis and IoM's (GoM)groups, the lag was felt from a distance. It's kinda too late unfortunately, most groups have decided to incorporate rise one way or another or randoms running it on their own. All we can hope for now is for Anet to do something about this...or just quit until they do. I'm tired of having terrible lag every single night with R values in the red. Too bad it isnt considered as bad as the sunspot exploit or the herald's dmg reduction issue....Anet would have fixed it by now.🙄

• Haha 1