So when it the lag getting addressed?

RisenHowl.2419

Have wonderful experience yesterday of 10 secs maybe even more lag. Funny enough I think most if not all were when we were fighting one faction, when we were fighting another no lags. Was thinking it was recent issue, but it goes for more then half a month? wow.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Still at any-point over the last 3 weeks, every time I run a squad and it becomes BvB (50vs50) - the skill-lag makes the game unplayable.

This is happening now, even when its just 2 blobs fighting, and not 3 map blobs.

We have started running smaller groups instead, but it seems like the only options are:

1. Only run in 25vs25 groups and get rolled over by zone blobs?
2. Accept that the skills not working in a game is "Normal" and "The other team gets it too"?

If aNet are unable to fix the lag issue, or if its game-engine related - they need to make changes to how squads are made / formed to discourage this kind of gameplay.

For me, saying "This is unplayable" isn't just a way to cover up a loss in BvB, but its literally got to the point now where 100 people are standing on each other simply 111-ing until one sides skills eventually work. 

I know this is a 10 year old game, but if it can't be fixed - it is actually worthless & unplayable. 

Edited by ConorT.5396
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just came here to vent a bit. FIX YOUR kittenING GAME ANET. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER kitten EXPANSION IF YOU CAN'T ADDRESS THE ALREADY PRESENT ISSUES. Skill lag actively KILLS the joy in wvw. Skill lag used to be an issue with 3 way omni blobs on reset nights but now it seems be to an ever present problem anytime you have 30 people in the vicinity on any map at any time. 

• Like 3

Bumping because tonight's lag was atrocious. I got kicked from WvW but my partner did not during a really bad lag spike(we are both hardwired and in the same room). The servers seemed really unstable tonight in T1. Did not help that there was atleast one group running rise, probably more on other maps. I've gone past exhausting it to ISP or other possible errors on my end. This is all an Anet issue and it needs to be addressed already.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lag will never be fixed. Some sort of issue that they could never fix. They worked on it seriously the first 2-3 years and eventually just messed around with the visual culling. By that time a large portion of the player base left the game out of frustration. I'm not exactly sure on the time this happened, but I do remember during one of the WvW seasons that around half the guild I was with quit the game as soon as the season was over. They were so pissed about the lag costing us valuable PPT structures because of lag luck. I just remember people saying over and over in TeamSpeak that "as soon as this F ing season is done m quitting this piece of ____ game" and around 50ish did quit. But, oh yeah, the story is that people quit the game after seasons cause of burnout. Anyway, eventually enough players left the game, and the servers didn't have such a load on them, and it has had some issues from time to time but mostly smooth now that the game is down to skeleton population of players.

So, don't hold your breath waiting for them to fix it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Lag will never be fixed. Some sort of issue that they could never fix. They worked on it seriously the first 2-3 years and eventually just messed around with the visual culling. By that time a large portion of the player base left the game out of frustration. I'm not exactly sure on the time this happened, but I do remember during one of the WvW seasons that around half the guild I was with quit the game as soon as the season was over. They were so pissed about the lag costing us valuable PPT structures because of lag luck. I just remember people saying over and over in TeamSpeak that "as soon as this F ing season is done m quitting this piece of ____ game" and around 50ish did quit. But, oh yeah, the story is that people quit the game after seasons cause of burnout. Anyway, eventually enough players left the game, and the servers didn't have such a load on them, and it has had some issues from time to time but mostly smooth now that the game is down to skeleton population of players.

So, don't hold your breath waiting for them to fix it.

This isn't your father's lag.  lol.  It's not the same ole' lag we've dealt with.   It is caused by just a few specific skill/trait interactions.  I think we're all accustomed to some level of lag, it's just a part of the game.  This is literally game-breaking stuff we're experiencing.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

What's really fun is when you get a giant 3 way in SMC.  Two of the three sides have tremendous skill lag.  So much so even the auto attacks are barely working.  So two zergs staring at each other, trying to press 1, waiting for the servers to work.  The third server finally decides to fight, and they can use every skill, full rotations on the other two, who still can't get ANY skills to work.  So, 1 entire server playing with no lag while the 2 other servers just run around with their skill bars flashing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

What's really fun is when you get a giant 3 way in SMC.  Two of the three sides have tremendous skill lag.  So much so even the auto attacks are barely working.  So two zergs staring at each other, trying to press 1, waiting for the servers to work.  The third server finally decides to fight, and they can use every skill, full rotations on the other two, who still can't get ANY skills to work.  So, 1 entire server playing with no lag while the 2 other servers just run around with their skill bars flashing.

Since launch this effect has been referred to as "server priority" where, when a server gets overwhelmed, only one side at a time gets a turn at casting.

The best old commanders used to time their pushes with when it was their side's turn and then back off of a fight again until the next turn. Think of is as another type of cooldown that needs managing.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/6/2023 at 7:44 AM, DarlingUnderdog.7235 said:

The lag really has become absurd. When playing with guildmates, one of them the issue at least twice in which she couldn't use skills at all, and relogging did nothing. So she gave up and stopped playing for the day. One could blame her connection, but we live in the same house. So clearly it's not that.

You bring a good example, can you share any details in the video cards between the two systems using the same connection? 

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

You bring a good example, can you share any details in the video cards between the two systems using the same connection? 

That's a good point that I hadn't considered. I'm not sure about her graphics card, if I'm honest.
Mine is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti . I know hers is definitely a lower spec by comparison (but not low enough to fail to meet GW2's requirements). I suppose it may be related to that?

On 7/28/2023 at 4:00 AM, ConorT.5396 said:

Still at any-point over the last 3 weeks, every time I run a squad and it becomes BvB (50vs50) - the skill-lag makes the game unplayable.

This is happening now, even when its just 2 blobs fighting, and not 3 map blobs.

We have started running smaller groups instead, but it seems like the only options are:

1. Only run in 25vs25 groups and get rolled over by zone blobs?
2. Accept that the skills not working in a game is "Normal" and "The other team gets it too"?

If aNet are unable to fix the lag issue, or if its game-engine related - they need to make changes to how squads are made / formed to discourage this kind of gameplay.

For me, saying "This is unplayable" isn't just a way to cover up a loss in BvB, but its literally got to the point now where 100 people are standing on each other simply 111-ing until one sides skills eventually work. 

I know this is a 10 year old game, but if it can't be fixed - it is actually worthless & unplayable. 

I believe they use AWS now.