So when it the lag getting addressed?

RisenHowl.2419

ANet are you sure the PvE queue code is not impacting performance in WvW? We seem to be seeing more latency and strange behavior in WvW after that patch. More people not getting skill blinking lag but skills not being acknowledged as triggered, issues in weapon swapping, mounting, people being kicked from WvW back to PvE but not out of the game. What is the relation to login servers to the WvW server and their interactions to the clients. 

Latency issues and seeing lots of login server drops from people that may or may not be related. Been seeing people be hit with latency issues and then others with the same and then getting the login server lost connection and then people are kicked out of WvW back to PvE or out of game. So lots of variables to the issues between normal routes back to the server, potential skills issues, to virtual server issues to new forms of hacks and script kitties out there. Fun fun fun......not.

Is there a way to bombard anet with this? This entire week has been unplayable in World vs. World. Unless your ultimate goal is to kill the game mode, then this needs to be prioritized before anything else. It's unplayable, particularly when guilds are running the stupid rise minions and clogging everything.

• Like 2

As much as I might get frustrated by changes and nerfs over the years I could still play the game and thus deal with it and adapt in time. Currently WvW is nearly unplayable once large groups have gathered to fight and it's been this way since after the last weapon beta. This is not something I can adjust and learn to adapt to. Please fix this as soon as possible or I (and I suspect many others) will have to give up on WvW and eventually look for something else or go back to DAoC lol ... IDK something.

• Like 1

I run a spaceship of a gaming PC and i cant play your game even on Daily Reset anymore.   it's not limited to just reset Friday that wvw is completely broken and unplayable.  I can't imagine what it is like for people with older hardware trying to figure out how to operate in sub-20fps with 10-second skill delay.

but *how about that gemstore huh*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, martyrius.8957 said:

I run a spaceship of a gaming PC and i cant play your game even on Daily Reset anymore.   it's not limited to just reset Friday that wvw is completely broken and unplayable.  I can't imagine what it is like for people with older hardware trying to figure out how to operate in sub-20fps with 10-second skill delay.

but *how about that gemstore huh*

WvW players tend to turn down their graphics settings to get higher framerates.  Can happen in large world boss fights in PvE too.

Edited by Chaba.5410

20 minutes ago, tangledkites.5819 said:

Is there a way to bombard anet with this? This entire week has been unplayable in World vs. World. Unless your ultimate goal is to kill the game mode, then this needs to be prioritized before anything else. It's unplayable, particularly when guilds are running the stupid rise minions and clogging everything.

Posting in a subforum they might actually read maybe, like the Account and Technical Support, but you can't mention WvW or it'll be ignored. 🤭

I'm sure they are well aware of the lag, as we've even seen them participating in it. 😒

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Posting in a subforum they might actually read maybe, like the Account and Technical Support, but you can't mention WvW or it'll be ignored. 🤭

I'm sure they are well aware of the lag, as we've even seen them participating in it. 😒

but..but.. they say anytime you have an issue you should just go to the forum for it 🙃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm running the game on a brand new computer. I've been having to lower my graphics to the bare minimum to play WvW when there are massive groups fighting, which is normal sadly. That usually helps, but even on a new computer with minimum graphics it takes 5 seconds to cast skills like 'Stand Your Ground" or even mesmer shatter skills in those big fights which is ridiculous . The game is becoming borderline unplayable and it needs to be fixed soon or people will start to quit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DukemNukem.2486 said:

I'm running the game on a brand new computer. I've been having to lower my graphics to the bare minimum to play WvW when there are massive groups fighting, which is normal sadly. That usually helps, but even on a new computer with minimum graphics it takes 5 seconds to cast skills like 'Stand Your Ground" or even mesmer shatter skills in those big fights which is ridiculous . The game is becoming borderline unplayable and it needs to be fixed soon or people will start to quit.

I'm on an older system with a 1080 Ti.  My settings are mostly medium, with character model limit high and character model quality low, standard enemy models, no post processing, no shaders or shadows.  Frame rate limited to 60.  I average probably about 30-40 fps in massive fights.  It's not unplayable at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I'm on an older system with a 1080 Ti.  My settings are mostly medium, with character model limit high and character model quality low, standard enemy models, no post processing, no shaders or shadows.  Frame rate limited to 60.  I average probably about 30-40 fps in massive fights.  It's not unplayable at all.

I mean, I'm on the same server as him & it is unplayable - has been for most of my guild. This entire week we haven't been able to use any skills during fights. I think it is getting exacerbated by the rise reapers, though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tangledkites.5819 said:

I mean, I'm on the same server as him & it is unplayable - has been for most of my guild. This entire week we haven't been able to use any skills during fights. I think it is getting exacerbated by the rise reapers, though. 

Hold up now, are we talking about graphics or skill lag which is from the server?

Your graphics settings really have nothing to do with skill lag during fights.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I've been hearing from other T4 players about it.  Both my accounts are in T3 and has seemed fine this week.  Big three way zerg fight on reset and little to no skill lag.

T4 is extremely laggy with guilds like SOUL and BP running rise/no escape on mesmers, and lich minions. They pop those minions the servers cant sustain and nothing works. 

edit: one example, we were desperate to counter them so we had our 2 reapers attempt to run RISE back but it didn't seem to effect them as hard as it did us. Eventually skills just don't work. At this point we just walk away from certain groups now, this game is 10 years old, its easier to just deny people content then feed into anet's broke systems. 

Edit # 2, Another example of the lag 

Edited by Hadan.2841
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hadan.2841 said:

T4 is extremely laggy with guilds like SOUL and BP running rise/no escape on mesmers, and lich minions. They pop those minions the servers cant sustain and nothing works. 

^^ very much this. We have been able to fight other guilds in t4, but when these two show up it usually becomes unplayable. 

• Like 1

I've been feeling this skill lag in the massive battles for a few weeks now, and we haven't been in t4 the entire time. It does show up in every practically every fight with those two groups though, same thing use to happen in the old days with a certain group from blackgate. 🤷‍♂️