Bring Ele' Down To Par For Once.

Jitters.9401

@Cal Cohen.2358

Everytime i see an ele in wvw it reminds me why i don't want to buy the expansion. 

Why do you feel it necessary to god mode what you play? Is it narcissism? You need to be the best even if it means ruining the fun of others with nerfs so you can win? 

You give mesmers next to nothing for useful cleaves but your ele class gets all sorts of aoe's abilities so they do not need to target anything.  Aoe abilities are far superior to 1 target abilities.... especially against stealth classes. Nothing but the best OP abilities for you.

You give mesmers less than stellar boons but your ele classes gets tons and continuous. I've boons stripped so many else and the boons are almost instantly reapplied.  How fair is that? I guess for you it is.

Your ele's get crazy movement abilities and mesmers get very limited.

Ele's cleanse cc's like it is just a 2nd thought. I keep seeing invulns quite often as well.

You also still have mist form when in a downed state. That ability is so obnoxiously over powered. 

Wqs just Fighting 3 eles inside a keep (trying to get into inner)  all they keep doing is misting when in down state,  through portals, and never dying.

Fighting eles in zergs. All they need to do is mist form to their back lines to be revived. 

How about you play mesmer and buff us instead of ruining the class.

A side note... aegis from bladesongs only works when you can actually use bladesongs and is only really effective when doing 1v1 or in blobs. The moment you get attacked by multiple people, the effectiveness of that utility is negated in full. And there are no movement skills to make up for anything... unlike your beloved OP eles.  But good on you for taking that F5 Block away and leaving nerf bat damage.

I almost purchased the new expansion but then watched another OP ele in wvw do things that any mesmer could only dream of. 

I don't want to even look at what ele's are getting.  Experience tells me they are getting more OP aoe abilities so they need "Less Skill " than ever to win fights. 

And mesmer gets rifle. Another weapon that will only fire at selected targets. We have a greatsword for that already. So instead of something useful,  we get useless. 

Oh well. Of course this is a rant. I just want to wvw but unless I choose what you play, I will always be under powered no matter how much skill I have.

I see myself looking at the exit more and more. But then what do you care. As long as you can win with as little effort as possible. 

Oh Well.

Toodles. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

More like ele has finally been put on par with the near endless amount of cheesy broken builds that are all relatively easy to play at above average levels (yes obviously a top tier rev/thief player has to rub braincells together just as much as an ele); but generally speaking ele is high effort and, previously only a high reward on certain builds, now high reward in general for it's effort.

That being said there are some braindead ele builds, most of which are tempest. I won't defend that. You can have the point on tempest.

Most people who say catalyst is op in WvW can't even play it to save their life. I mean like not even passably good/average, straight up terrible at it. "Cata too op" until they have to play it solo roaming in wvw, then its bad 😂

Here's a challenge for ya op. Go solo roam on core elementalist and tell me ele is godmode. Willing to bet you can't do with it what I do lol

For every confused react on this reply, another Necro/condi main copes with their inabilities.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

I’ve got nothing against eles, but I agree with OP in regards to Mesmer in WvW.

It is not very mobile, especially after the master of manipulations nerf.  In a Zerg, it is pretty much relegated to boon strips, and is outclassed by almost every profession in DPS, healing, and boons.  Commanders use it for Veil, and there is the occasional gimmicky portal bomb.

Also, it is much easier to roam and scout on other professions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pie.2167 said:

I’ve got nothing against eles, but I agree with OP in regards to Mesmer in WvW.

It is not very mobile, especially after the master of manipulations nerf.  In a Zerg, it is pretty much relegated to boon strips, and is outclassed by almost every profession in DPS, healing, and boons.  Commanders use it for Veil, and there is the occasional gimmicky portal bomb.

Also, it is much easier to roam and scout on other professions.

You're supposed to teleport hack in stealth, like most mesmers seem to.  Unless, Anet gave jaunt a 20 ammo count that I missed.  It is amusing to watch them skip away across the land like a rock on water though.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

What abour teefs? No? Then maybe Harbingers? Also no? How about Willyblenders? Wait, again no?
Funny, I'm pretty sure there's a lot more broken builds beside Ele in current game version, yet I only see Ele posts. I wonder why~

The condi damage nerf on harbinger should be PvP/WvW, not PvE.

These devs can't balance necro either, don't worry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Even the pvp forums were flooded with ele complaints in the last week lol. 

Pvp is entirely different than WvW. We already know that you got messed up by one ele too many and now have a vendetta against them, your opinion is nothing more than the usual "I died so nerf it, I don't want to improve or admit that I messed up" that we are used to seeing in this subforum

"see? See? Even in an entirely different game mode people also share the same sentiment" whataboutism is not helpful. They didn't balance ele properly in pvp, that says nothing about WvW when I GUARANTEE (110%) that if you went out solo roaming on DD core ele right now you'd get absolutely walloped every time, and I wouldn't. 😂 Maybe, maybe maybe maybe maybe, just maybe, skill is a component.

• Like 1
  • Confused 10

13 minutes ago, solemn.9670 said:

your opinion is nothing more than the usual "I died so nerf it, I don't want to improve or admit that I messed up" that we are used to seeing in this subforum

And yours is the usual make excuses to cover up your overperforming class so it doesn't get nerfed. Don't worry though you got a dev behind your class. Keep bragging I'm sure that will get everyone to stop calling for nerfs on ele's. 😏

Btw you're going on ignore have fun. 

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

And yours is the usual make excuses to cover up your overperforming class so it doesn't get nerfed. Don't worry though you got a dev behind your class. Keep bragging I'm sure that will get everyone to stop calling for nerfs on ele's. 😏

Honestly you can think whatever you want, and be as smug as you like, since you're still wrong and bad. If you want to complain about pvp sure, I'm down for nerfing ele in pvp. Who isn't? But in WvW? Lmfao. Go play the class and see how you do. You'll get stomped 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

8 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

You're supposed to teleport hack in stealth, like most mesmers seem to.  Unless, Anet gave jaunt a 20 ammo count that I missed.  It is amusing to watch them skip away across the land like a rock on water though.

I am not familiar with this hack.  I did see a firebrand do this the other day though.  Pretty sure it is a cheat and not specific to mesmers.

4 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

(As Monkey would tell you) Thiss  duude dosen'tt  ply  elee mroon buut  show  wat ti  cann   doo.

"- How many bot enemies you want to use to  showcase that cele is busted?
- Yes."
Are these even confirmed players? NGL from half of the faced classes that Catalyst should be sniffing grass before it could even use few skills, quite shocking to say the least. Other half had means to reset fight into infinity and yet they've done nothing. No wonder people complain about Ele with that skill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

13 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

More like ele has finally been put on par with the near endless amount of cheesy broken builds that are all relatively easy to play at above average levels (yes obviously a top tier rev/thief player has to rub braincells together just as much as an ele); but generally speaking ele is high effort and, previously only a high reward on certain builds, now high reward in general for it's effort.

That being said there are some braindead ele builds, most of which are tempest. I won't defend that. You can have the point on tempest.

Most people who say catalyst is op in WvW can't even play it to save their life. I mean like not even passably good/average, straight up terrible at it. "Cata too op" until they have to play it solo roaming in wvw, then its bad 😂

Here's a challenge for ya op. Go solo roam on core elementalist and tell me ele is godmode. Willing to bet you can't do with it what I do lol

For every confused react on this reply, another Necro/condi main copes with their inabilities.

Your bias is insanely funny. Ele had strong cele roamer builds before cata. Cele cata doesnt "bring ele to the brokeness level of other builds" it creates a whole new level of broken that very few builds can contest, definitely not top.

The core thing is not an argument, there is almost no one roaming on core builds. Definitely  nothing spectacular on core.

As for the "its hard to play" argument... lol. Its power builds are hard to play, absolutely. Its cele builds are at best a pve rotation with occassional def cd rotation, at worst just button mashing.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, TrollingDemigod.3041 said:

"- How many bot enemies you want to use to  showcase that cele is busted?
- Yes."
Are these even confirmed players? NGL from half of the faced classes that Catalyst should be sniffing grass before it could even use few skills, quite shocking to say the least. Other half had means to reset fight into infinity and yet they've done nothing. No wonder people complain about Ele with that skill.

There is a signet build in PvP that people are using and non eles are just sick and tired of having 3 of these in 1 team.

I'm pretty sure someone will pick this and remove a signet and put Lightning Flash and make a cele, high mobility, perma stab version of it for WvW.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

There is a signet build in PvP that people are using and non eles are just sick and tired of having 3 of these in 1 team.

I'm pretty sure someone will pick this and remove a signet and put Lightning Flash and make a cele, high mobility, perma stab version of it for WvW.

I already run signet builds in WvW, it wasn't impressive.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

wvwers are always 1 month late to the meta fotm builds

• Like 4

Druids are worst but far harder to play. Wvw is balanced more for 5 v5 not for 1v1.

Stop trying to use one game type that is unrelated to others to balance something due to your own person feelings. Spvp balances would never work in pve or wvw.

Edited by Jski.6180
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 7/8/2023 at 9:44 AM, solemn.9670 said:

Ooooh.

I made another post about playing an ele. I will shorten it.

(1) Made Ele. Used tomes of knowledge to level it to 80.

(2) Went to GuildJen for a build.

(3) Went WvW though I didn't know all my skills, zero knowledge of any combos. Knew some basic rotation.

(4) Started winning fights right off.

(5) Saw it's OPness and stopped using it.

(6) Use it as a storage mule because I don't do OP. 

That is how my ele play went, though I may try to glass cannon one just to see the damage numbers just for fun.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4