It been years, can we get normal group function for Strikes now?

42 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Come on man. Read the original post, you are just lying here. I did talk about achievements/prophet shards.
A lot of people on the forum should open a dictionary from time to time. Entitlement: "the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.".
It is a unnecessary hurdle for opening up groups. Calling sorting sub groups a privileges is stretching the word into absurdity. It is like calling a fork a privilege because you can eat a steak with the knife alone.
It not the end of the world if it stays as it is now, it is just stupid.

You’re wanting the special treatment of getting a not required convenience feature that is unlockable for the price of gold for free/no effort, seems like some people need to have reading comprehension. 

just because something is inconvenient to you or you don’t want to put the “effort” in to unlock something easily attainable doesn’t mean you should get just because you whined about it.

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

20 hours ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Just make the squad creator the lead, so one person can sort out the subgroups in an orderly fashion. Like the command tag works, just without the tag.

This was an issue at launch, the instance creator of a dungeon owned it. Funny thing was if you tried to kick the instance owner, you kicked everyone else out of the instance but the instance owner would stay. 

This was changed for obvious reason. This suggestion would be riff with abuse. For explain you coule get a strike boss to 1%, leave group, kick everyone out of the instance and only you would get the rewards. And because of the nature of chat logs disappearing after leaving a group, people would have no idea what happened.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

This was an issue at launch, the instance creator of a dungeon owned it. Funny thing was if you tried to kick the instance owner, you kicked everyone else out of the instance but the instance owner would stay. 

"Don't implement because it was bugged at launch"?

23 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

This was changed for obvious reason. This suggestion would be riff with abuse. For explain you coule get a strike boss to 1%, leave group, kick everyone out of the instance and only you would get the rewards. And because of the nature of chat logs disappearing after leaving a group, people would have no idea what happened.

That is different from how tag leads work how? 

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

"Don't implement because it was bugged at launch"?

That is different from how tag leads work how? 

Tag can not kick people if they are in combat. You get a message who has kicked you so you can block/nickname them so you can not join their group again.  

I have a pretty long list of bad tags on my block list

• Confused 1

Just now, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Issue solved. Any other potential Problems?

Team lead leaves the instance, what happens? Current system is it defaults to a tagless system and no one gets kicked out of the instance. 

Compare this drms, if instance owner leaves, everyone gets kicked out. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Team lead leaves the instance, what happens? Current system is it defaults to a tagless system and no one gets kicked out of the instance. 

Same that does happen when the tag leaves. Nothing. Depending on implementation of course. If that change would be baseline just give someone else the lead.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Confused 3

This player base sometimes will buy into any time waste mechanics Anet introduces and sell it as if being different is always better. 

The price for the tag is fine. The price for basic squad/party UI options is a rip off. And yeah every other game has this option for a good reason. Because they want players to play together in parties and squads without the option of being griefed by random douchebags. And not only that you have to pay for them, the party/squad managing options are also severely lacking. 

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I agree that people should be able to organise subs in 10 man content when a commander is absent. However it also seems that people don't want to put the effort in to obtain the tag. Does no one find it fun to work towards something anymore and instead expect free handouts?

34 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

I agree that people should be able to organise subs in 10 man content when a commander is absent. However it also seems that people don't want to put the effort in to obtain the tag. Does no one find it fun to work towards something anymore and instead expect free handouts?

Ten hours of grinding for *basic squad controls* is not a sane ask, it really isn't.
Also, "you want a free handout, huh?" is a non-constructive retort that can be applied to almost any QoL change or buff being asked for.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 5

On 7/9/2023 at 11:06 PM, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Why should I? I'm not wasting 8+ hours/20 bucks because Anet makes a bad interface and lock the Solution behind a Gold wall. I just don't make Strike groups. I did try after i got into Strikes, i actually was pretty hyped and geared my druid. Letting other players, especially noobs organize themselves is a nightmare.

On 7/10/2023 at 12:06 AM, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Come on man. Read the original post, you are just lying here. I did talk about achievements/prophet shards.

On one hand, you say you would be ok with investing some form of currency in for the tag or some of its functions, on the other, you outright decline to spend time to have access to it in another post on the same thread. Idk whether we're having communication issues, but it sure seems like entitled behaviour on at least some of your responses mate. 
Btw, you keep pointing the tag out to be something you exclusively need to farm for, whereas gold in this game comes from pretty much anything you choose to do once you decide to move out of the hub areas. If anything, by making the tag purchaseable for something like 250g, a number high enough to deter people from getting it just to troll others, but low enough that anyone who plays the game casually can afford it. They make it accessible to anyone, regardless of what type of content they choose to tackle in this game. Whereas your suggestions of tying it to a specific currency or achievement points goes against that.

While I do agree that sorting people into subs would be better as a baseline function, commander's tag and all that comes with it, be it ready check, broadcasts, markers or the very tag itself are better behind some form of wall. If anything, I'd make it harder to get so you have fewer trolls. I'm pleasently surprised that most commanders actually use the tag as it is meant to be used and don't troll too much tbh. In any other game, we'd be looking at 68 tags in each map just to confuse people.

Edited by Passerbye.6291
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Ten hours of grinding for *basic squad controls* is not a sane ask, it really isn't.
Also, "you want a free handout, huh?" is a non-constructive retort that can be applied to almost any QoL change or buff being asked for.

The whole idea of a Qol is that's its an added bonus not a requirement, therefore some sort of exchange or way to obtain such a thing would be expected, which is currently set to 250gd. Not having a commander tag doesn't stop people from being able to play the game If you want it you work for it, if you don't think its worth the effort then you go without.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Zohane.7208 said:

If the discussion is about "I'm ok with paying for commtag but don't want to spend gold" then I can get behind it. It would still have to be an investment in time and effort - say 2000 prophet shards of either color or somewhere thereabout?

It isn’t. Like alle the discussions of this kind it boils down to “give it me for free”

The gold for the tag is really not a big deal. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

If you push this through, can you start advocating for other QoL items/features? It'd be really neat if Anet started giving away unlimited gathering tools, salvagers, bank space, storage space and all the stuff like that. It's really stupid that it's locked behind gold/gems.

Edited by BatelGeuce.3591
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

If you push this through, can you start advocating for other QoL items/features? It'd be really neat if Anet started giving away unlimited gathering tools, salvagers, bank space, storage space and all the stuff like that. It's really stupid that it's locked behind gold/gems.

Can we also get all skins for free please? They would add sooooo much QoL for me! Oh and legendaries are way too expensive but massive QoL!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Zohane.7208 said:

If the discussion is about "I'm ok with paying for commtag but don't want to spend gold" then I can get behind it. It would still have to be an investment in time and effort - say 2000 prophet shards of either color or somewhere thereabout?

Something like that yeah, but don't want a tag. So no extra Icon in LFG. No use outside of instanced content. Just being able to organize the subgroups, without relaying on PuG people to organize themselves.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Something like that yeah, but don't want a tag. So no extra Icon in LFG. No use outside of instanced content. Just being able to organize the subgroups, without relaying on PuG people to organize themselves.

Subs, moves, kicks, that's it.
People here acting as if we want global free commander tags or something, smh

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

On 7/9/2023 at 11:06 PM, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Why is price in other currencies ok for you, but price in gold is not?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1