Toxic gatekeeping at Xera boss in raid without mastery

4 hours ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Hi, i was recently doing some raiding and then got kicked out of a raid group because i didn't have lay line gliding. How can this game have this kind of gatekeeping in the content? I though gw2 is a game for everybody and then i encounter this kind of discrimination. This should be changed asap and let people play raids that doesn't require some long and tedious event grinding for hours and hours. 

Welcome to raiding or any group content in mmo's today. The hardcore elites control this area of mmo's

• Haha 1
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, wmtyrance.3571 said:

Welcome to raiding or any group content in mmo's today. The hardcore elites control this area of mmo's

I mean he didn't have the mastery so he couldn't actually do it, they didn't kick him for having bad dps or anything from what he vaguely described. Since we don't know what exactly was said to him we can't determine if the group was in fact being elitist. His grievances seems to be more with the design of the encounter not the people he was playing with.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, wmtyrance.3571 said:

False and as much as I understand "you don't know what you don't know", if you bothered reading this thread before responding, you would understand why this is not some "players are gatekeeping it!" issue, but instead it's the case of simply "not being able to perform required mechanics of the encounter". OP literally can't move between the platforms without using leylines right from the start of the encounter unless people build a squad around porting him around or agree to 9-man the boss, which is... a weird expectation to have.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Dear OP,

If it makes you feel any better, I would gatekeep you even if you had the mastery just from reading your post.

You joined a raid, unaware of the requirements for that raid. That strongly casts doubt on whether you know about how to do the raid itself. If it was a learning party, that might deserve some patience, but for anything else, why would anyone want to play with you? It is your responsibility to learn about the raid.

I mean I do feel like acquisition of the masteries for older content could be looked at again, however your attitude is excessively poor and would not solve anything. You need to be aware that it's not just about you, but also about 9 other people. Otherwise, you will not be successful in group content.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Sorry, i meant that other person calling me fool but i feel like you act like i am dumb 😞 

I don't think you are dumb, but I do disagree with your position and the manner in which you portray your position. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Hi, i was recently doing some raiding and then got kicked out of a raid group because i didn't have lay line gliding. How can this game have this kind of gatekeeping in the content? I though gw2 is a game for everybody and then i encounter this kind of discrimination. This should be changed asap and let people play raids that doesn't require some long and tedious event grinding for hours and hours. 

Lmao, thanks for this post, low quality trolling but it is still a fun read with all the responses.

On the off chance that this was written unironically, I sure hope you don't procreate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

Well, how can i know that i suddenly just need that when i can enter the raid just fine till the final phase?

Tell me you haven't watched a single guide without telling me you haven't watched a single guide. Imagine coming unprepared and dealing with the consequences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

Tell me you haven't watched a single guide without telling me you haven't watched a single guide. Imagine coming unprepared and dealing with the consequences.

I did just fine up until i was not allowed to participate anymore 😞 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Ace.9105 said:

I did just fine up until i was not allowed to participate anymore 😞 

Correction: you thought you were doing just fine. And it's not that you were not allowed to participate anymore - it's that you were not capable of participating anymore.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You can't really know your role in group without knowing encounter mechanics. Unless your "role" was "being carried".

That’s nonsense. There are enough raid bosses where your role can simply be “just do DPS”. And maybe now it’s enough with your bullying. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

9 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

That’s nonsense. There are enough raid bosses where your role can simply be “just do DPS”. And maybe now it’s enough with your bullying. 

Most (all?) have mechanics that affect every player - DPS or otherwise. I'm thinking things like blacks on Deimos, red/white on KC, blast thingy on Xera, et cetera. Even if your role is "just do DPS" you still need to know them to save the group from a wipe or serious trouble.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1