Do all endgame bosses have "mechanics"?

2 hours ago, Hermes.8159 said:

I don't find this kind of BS fun, this "mechanics" ruin games IMO

Uhm... no, they don't? They keep you on your toes, train your reflexes and make you use your brain. Without any mechanics endgame content would be boring and unfun.

10 minutes ago, Hermes.8159 said:

No wonder I don't like new MMO's

"New"? GW2? 😂

As for the rest of your insults: We have a low IQ, because we can handle actual mechanics?? 🤣 I think you shot yourself in the foot there.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hermes.8159 said:

You seriously are all low IQ's. No wonder I don't like new MMO's, they are designed for low IQ's like you.

2 hours ago, Hermes.8159 said:

and then that boss had another one of those stupid mechanics that we didn't really understood

… 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, vares.8457 said:

… 

Yeah the game does a poor job explaining the mechanics, hell the whole endgame content is never explained at all and even when well explained I DON'T LIKE MECHANICS LIKE THIS, this is why I am asking if this is the norm in this game because if it is I am done with it, just because I don't like something doesn't mean I don't have the capacity to understand how it works, I just don't like it.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

@Sobx.1758is 100% on point here. @Hermes.8159 just address their questions, and people will be able to assist.

also the game does very well at explaining things if you actually read the dialog and do the stories and events leading up to them.  And most fights that have mechanics explain them by either telling you about them or before the boss you see the mechanics broken up into pieces in certain instance separately leading up to the boss fights…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hermes.8159 said:

I never denyied that I said we didn't understood what we were suppose to do, I said it is poorly explained, we are new players, never done the content before, you pretending that us not understanding a mechanic the first time we see it is equivalent as to you idiots making tons of fallacies and repeating them even though I already refuted them, thats just coping.

Let me guess you immediately used the level 80 boost without doing any content prior? Didn’t read any of the dialog or pay attention to the events or explanation leading to the “mechanics”?

• Like 2

Just now, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Let me guess you immediately used the level 80 boost without doing any content prior? Didn’t read any of the dialog or pay attention to the events or explanation leading to the “mechanics”?

I level to 52 and me and my gf decided to use the boost because in less than a month BG3 is comming, we wouldn't had the time to do a fair amount of endgame content if we kept leveling normally, so we used it, at that level we did 5 chapters of the main story, the next one was available until lvl 62 or something.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

What boss are you talking about that was too hard that you are crying the last hours? 

I never said it was hard, I said there was no explanation to the mechanics that needed to be done and stop making it as if it was only on me and my gf to clear the boss, there were 3 other people with us and probably with more experience than us that couldn't do the mechanics themselves or couldn't even explain them, they were pros at skipping all the previous mobs though.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Hermes.8159 said:

I level to 52 and me and my gf decided to use the boost because in less than a month BG3 is comming, we wouldn't had the time to do a fair amount of endgame content if we kept leveling normally, so we used it, at that level we did 5 chapters of the main story, the next one was available until lvl 62 or something.

Wait are you the person that complained about not being able to select equipment when using the 80 boost? Because you didn’t read the dialog from the NPC you’re forced into dialog with when you use a level 80 boost and test the different builds, weapons and skills that explains all those things? 

Edited by BlaqueFyre.5678
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Wait are you the person that complained about not being able to select equipment when using the 80 boost? Because you didn’t read the dialog from the NPC you’re forced into dialog with when you use a level 80 boost and test the different builds, weapons and skills? 

I am not the same person but I also did research about this subject because as an elementalist they gave me a staff and according to the wiki you are given a certain weapon combination depending on class, you don't get to choose what weapon you receive, but I bought some from the tradepost.

You are moving the goalpost BTW, you are grasping to find something.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Hermes.8159 said:

I am not the same person but I also did research about this subject because as an elementalist they gave me a staff and according to the wiki you are given a certain weapon combination depending on class, you don't get to choose what weapon you receive, but I bought some from the tradepost.

You are moving the goalpost BTW, you are grasping to find something.

I looked you are that person topic was “the endgame makes me want to quit (new player)

and I’m not moving the goal post I asked for clarifying information, something you’re trying to avoid. You have a history of not paying attention/skipping the explanations and information the game provides to teach the game and mechanics and then complain about it not providing those things.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hermes.8159 said:

hell the whole endgame content is never explained at all and even when well explained I DON'T LIKE MECHANICS LIKE THIS, this is why I am asking if this is the norm in this game

Since you already made a claim that the whole endgame content is like that, you actually responded your own question you subsequently asked. Glad you understood you dislike this game and instead like other games more, good luck.
If you're unwilling to provide any details that will allow people to explain you things about the game you're asking for then you clearly already made your mind. At this point end your "fallacy!" theatrics and move on.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I looked you are that person topic was “the endgame makes me want to quit (new player)

and I’m not moving the goal post I asked for clarifying information, something you’re trying to avoid. You have a history of not paying attention/skipping the explanations and information the game provides to teach the game and mechanics and then complain about it not providing those things.

But I didn't skip any explanation, I know for a fact that you can't chose what weapon you receive, the wiki tells you that:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Level-80_Equipment_Package

You are making a fake narrative and are grasping to find something that suits that narrative.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

As a note, the "confused" reactions are essentially downvotes/dislikes here, since we don't actually have that option. Few people are genuinely baffled by your posts.

So, okay. A Fractal boss frustrated you and no one was kind enough to explain what was going on (and I'm sorry that happened; usually, people are kind enough to slow down when a new player pipes up and asks for an explanation). Fractals are meant to be group content, yes, and many of them have boss mechanics or puzzles that players need to work together on. I'm sorry for your experience, but why are you getting flaming mad when people in this thread are asking questions about

a) which boss you mean (so people can help you understand the mechanics of said boss)

b) ways to play this game in which you and your lady won't be frustrated

c) if this is, in fact, the right game for you

What's wrong? People are genuinely trying to help you. Why the bad attitude?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

As a note, the "confused" reactions are essentially downvotes/dislikes here, since we don't actually have that option. Few people are genuinely baffled by your posts.

So, okay. A Fractal boss frustrated you and no one was kind enough to explain what was going on (and I'm sorry that happened; usually, people are kind enough to slow down when a new player pipes up and asks for an explanation). Fractals are meant to be group content, yes, and many of them have boss mechanics or puzzles that players need to work together on. I'm sorry for your experience, but why are you getting flaming mad when people in this thread are asking questions about

a) which boss you mean (so people can help you understand the mechanics of said boss)

b) ways to play this game in which you and your lady won't be frustrated

c) if this is, in fact, the right game for you

What's wrong? People are genuinely trying to help you. Why the bad attitude?

You are the only reasonable person so far. And I appreciate that.

a) The Fractal was one with some jumping and a boss that were like massive tentacles, thats all I remember.

b) Well this is why I asked if this game revolved around "boss mechanics" because we really despise that, it just makes us unable to progress on our own and makes it so our progression is tied to what other people do.

c) this is exactly what I want to know, I really don't like forced group content, I usually enjoy MMO'S that allow me to play by my own rules and reach endgame gear by myself and not queing with others for forced group content like raids or dungeons designed for 5 people or more. Oldshcool MMO's like Ragnarok Online classic for example, or even newer ARPG's that don't have all this massive crappy BS forced group content with BS mechanics that everybody has to do perfectly.

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1

If it helps, all your end game gear can be gained without fractals or instances. Ascended and exotic gear can be crafted, pvped, dropped from world bosses, gained from collections etc. Most old school and many modern mmos (Anarchy online, wow, lotro,  amongst others) forced players into content with mechanic filled bosses to gear best in slot gear. GW2 gives options and tries to make many different routes to get gear.

Fractals is just a quick way. It can be safely ignored. As can raids. They are not forced content unless you need a specific skin or achievement. There should be enough methods for any type of player to gain the best stats in the way they choose. It has always been the thing that players have remarked positively about in GW2 over the years

The answer to your original question though is that boss mechanics are prevalent throughout the game

Hope that helps

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Thanks 1

Well that fractal is quite easy you kill monsters drop a thing see, tentacles spawn at others of the same thing and drop it too when they get killed.

You get a big death skull over your head well maybe I should grab the thing on the floor to see if it helps me.

That litteraly everything drops and is scattered like candy because of it.

The reason they ran past the first 5 monster spawns is that they drop almost nil and the boss is a brain half afk fight were u stand around killing some monsters while waiting for the next person to get death mark over head to reflect the boss attack with item on floor.

It is not a hard mechanic to grasp.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

If it helps, all your end game gear can be gained without fractals or instances. Ascended and exotic gear can be crafted, pvped, dropped from world bosses, gained from collections etc. Most old school and many modern mmos (Anarchy online, wow, lotro,  amongst others) forced players into content with mechanic filled bosses to gear best in slot gear. GW2 gives options and tries to make many different routes to get gear.

Fractals is just a quick way. It can be safely ignored. As can raids. They are not forced content unless you need a specific skin or achievement. There should be enough methods for any type of player to gain the best stats in the way they choose. It has always been the thing that players have remarked positively about in GW2 over the years

The answer to your original question though is that boss mechanics are prevalent throughout the game

Hope that helps

I see so what content should I be doing then?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Hermes.8159 said:

You are the only reasonable person so far. And I appreciate that.

a) The Fractal was one with some jumping and a boss that were like massive tentacles, thats all I remember.

b) Well this is why I asked if this game revolved around "boss mechanics" because we really despise that, it just makes us unable to progress on our own and makes it so our progression is tied to what other people do.

c) this is exactly what I want to know, I really don't like forced group content, I usually enjoy MMO'S that allow me to play by my own rules and reach endgame gear by myself and not queing with others for forced group content like raids or dungeons designed for 5 people or more. Oldshcool MMO's like Ragnarok Online classic for example, or even newer ARPG's that don't have all this massive crappy BS forced group content with BS mechanics that everybody has to do perfectly.

Ahh, that would be the Solid Ocean fractal. Thank you for explaining. You can read more about it here, including a walkthrough of the end fight: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Solid_Ocean_Fractal

If you ever get confused about something in-game, you can always type /wiki [insert search query here] in the in-game chat box to find out more about it. It'll open a browser window and take you to that wiki page. For example, /wiki Fractals of the Mists

There really isn't any "forced" group content in this game. The story and most open-world events can be 100% solo'd, as can most "group" events if you really know what you're doing and have excellent gear/a good build. Fractals and raids are two types of group content, usually with some fairly intricate mechanics (especially raids! I still can't wrap my head around those from just reading the wiki), and those really cannot be solo'd. But they also aren't mandatory. At no point are you forced into doing them.

What are you looking for in terms of the endgame? Generally that does mean doing Fractals or raids, but the "endgame" is something fairly different for all players in this game.

Edited by Batel.9206
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Ahh, that would be the Solid Ocean fractal. Thank you for explaining. You can read more about it here, including a walkthrough of the end fight: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Solid_Ocean_Fractal

If you ever get confused about something in-game, you can always type /wiki [insert search query here] in the in-game chat box to find out more about it. It'll open a browser window and take you to that wiki page. For example, /wiki Fractals of the Mists

There really isn't any "forced" group content in this game. The story and most open-world events can be 100% solo'd, as can most "group" events if you really know what you're doing and have excellent gear/a good build. Fractals and raids are two types of group content, usually with some fairly intricate mechanics (especially raids! I still can't wrap my head around those from just reading the wiki), and those really cannot be solo'd. But they also aren't mandatory. At no point are you forced into doing them.

What are you looking for in terms of the endgame? Generally that does mean doing Fractals or raids, but the "endgame" is something fairly different for all players in this game.

I mostly want to just group with my gf if possible and if im going to do group content I would prefer something that has 0 mechanics tied to it, I will never liek that sort of content.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Whatever you want to do. Obviously the narrower your path, the longer it will take. But, I have gained ascended jewellery from laurels (login rewards); exotic gear from open world NPCs (HoT onwards); any gear by using mats gained from sandbox play in open world and then crafting; various specific gear from doing achievements and collections which reward them.

I predominantly do open world and occasionally wander into instances or wvw when I want something particular, but in 11 years I have never felt forced into doing anything outside of open world and crafting to get the stats or gear for my toons.

However, even open world bosses will have some mechanics and group requirements. I have a feeling that’s not going to sit well with what you want from the game

Edited by Randulf.7614
Wrote weapons, meant jewellery
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2