Home Instance Additions

.... this is why in spite of all of the naysayers for housing, assuming it would accommodate, would love to have one point of access that provided everything in close proximity... Currently Arborstone is my 'convenience', (without the nodes, of course)... is there something better?  It's not Guild Hall or Home Instance... would Eye of the North be better, if I chose to unlock all the vendors?  Haven't looked into Gem Stones.. is there an option that's better?  I did check out the Mistlock Sanctuary per @Linken.6345... is that the optimal way to go for convenience?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I prefer Royal Terrace for close proximity, but each person has their favorite.

@OP If you use Dreamer's Terrace, next to the entrance Waypointing to Reckoner's Terrace (via Reckoner's Waypoint) is instantaneous and has Bank and Trading Post NPC.  As noted above, the Cooking Station inside the Home Instance includes a Bank. 

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Garrison Storm.3046 said:

is there something better?

Before I got my gemstore pass (Armistice Bastion, best pass if you care about WvW), I used to go Rata Sum.

Due to its vertical layout and the way the game loads assets, you have no loading times for using waypoints when going from the center waypoint to other waypoints inside the city so you can get almost instantly to wherever you need to go. Should be true for the Grove too but I dislike that the home instance waypoint is not accessible from the world map while not already on the map and the crafting stations are a bit further out of the way compared to Rata Sum.

Arborstone is not bad but I passionately hate how you have to navigate using the floor elevators and the crafting stations are kind of at the end of the world compared to everything else. It does have the summoning stone vendor though so that's nice. Next best would probably be Eye of the North as the unlocks are cheap enough except for the bank (=guild bank) one, but if you're fine with not having guild bank access, you can just use the crafting stations as your normal bank and skip out on that.

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Don't forget the Invitation to "Lily of the Elon"https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invitation_to_"Lily_of_the_Elon" ]

Acquisition[edit]

Edited by Zamfir.8462
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Zamfir.8462 said:

Don't forget the Invitation to "Lily of the Elon"https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invitation_to_"Lily_of_the_Elon" ]

Acquisition[edit]

I personally hate the layout of Lily of Elon and even though I had it, I still ended up buying the Mistlock Sanctury pass in the gem store.

• Like 2

There are permanent contract you cans get  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Permanent_Black_Lion_Merchant_Contract.  You can have them in you storage and use them anywhere.They are all listed here, if you want to gamble with Black lion Chests.  They may have been a rare drop while playing in the past and I don't know if they are available that way anymore. I got a Permanent Banker a long time ago. There are also some available on the TP for an outrageous amount of gold. That being said, Mistlock Sanctuary is my go to since I got it free with the EXP.

Edited by Blude.6812

I would also suggest you add this to the new gem store requests or Quality of Life threads.  The more people that want something, the more likely it will at least be looked at/contemplated by Anet.

I myself have all of the home upgrades and a few of the passes for various areas.  I still think having a banker and black lion trader in the home instance would be a nice addition so that you would not have to leave to take care of some things just to come back in and finish up.

8 minutes ago, BlueIce.6951 said:

I would also suggest you add this to the new gem store requests or Quality of Life threads.  The more people that want something, the more likely it will at least be looked at/contemplated by Anet.

I myself have all of the home upgrades and a few of the passes for various areas.  I still think having a banker and black lion trader in the home instance would be a nice addition so that you would not have to leave to take care of some things just to come back in and finish up.

If you want bank access it is probabely cheaper to just level up chef to 425 on each character mate.

After you got a chef  to 500 ofcourse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

If you want bank access it is probabely cheaper to just level up chef to 425 on each character mate.

After you got a chef  to 500 ofcourse.

I do have chef maxed out on one character and can use the service on that character.  I would feel differently if the chef station showed for all characters regardless of chef level on that character.  I just have too many characters to want to assign chef and max it out on all of them.

I also offer home instance runs for gathering all of the nodes and it would be a nice option to allow people to access their own bank if they need while running the home instance.  I don't see any potential downsides to having either a black lion trader or a banker in the home instance since they are so easily available via lounge's or areas like Arborstone.  It would just add more options and as someone who likes to complete things it would feel good to have those available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlueIce.6951 said:

I don't see any potential downsides to having either a black lion trader or a banker in the home instance since they are so easily available via lounge's or areas like Arborstone.

That is exactly the reason.  Anet would lose sales on expansions and lounge passes.

• Like 1

I used Royal Terrace for years, and still do, but my go-to is now Thousand Seas Pavilion (it's huge but the crafting is all tightly placed, plus it has amenities like fishing, a jade bench, and easy world wide access) or Wizard's Tower.  I like crafting that is near the TP and the forge and has a high ceiling so my camera can stay zoomed out, and all three of those offer that.

Wizard's Tower is also free if you own SotO, you will get it quite naturally via doing the story.

Edited by Donari.5237
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 3:32 PM, Blude.6812 said:

"...[snip]... That being said, Mistlock Sanctuary is my go to since I got it free with the EXP."

I am assuming EXP is "Expansion"? If so, which one?

Edited by Zamfir.8462