just flood pvp with money rewards

Khalisto.5780

3 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

I don't play this game anymore. Havnt logged on once since diablo4 released. Why play some old neglected toxic bs, when you can have litteral fun playing something new. I'll be back on August 22nd to try out the new weapons but that will probably create more imbalance and toxicity so I dout I'll be on longer then a few short hours.

Also you can't just flood the market with gold rewards. There is a real economic equilibrium between real money vs gem price vs gold value. If you flood the market with gold you lower the price of gems because people have the gold to buy them, then what happens is lower the price of gems for real dollar value making them less money, and that's not what anet wants. They want real money exchanged for gems not gold. So they have to keep a real tight handle on rewards. Everything is meticulously thought out.

I will say though as far as guild war economy gem price vs other games, it the most affordable compaired to other games iv played.

The amount of self-hatred that it must take to play a Blizzard game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Yes, but for winning only.

They should keep losing rewards as-is, but increase the rewards for winning by 40% or more.

This way people are incentivized to actually PvP and not just AFK/Botfarm it.

We just need a captcha to queue and a captcha to confirm ezpz 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

i dont see any other way ppl would actually try pvp

most important you get a lot of gold when you win, nothing when you lose

you can play average 3/4 matches, 5 tops in 1 hour

we could easily get  4g worthy rewards per win

it's nothing compared to 30g/h from pve farms

Do Dragon Bash but for PvP

PvP Bash. 

Make the rewards interesting for a couple weeks, tie getting them to playing unranked AND ranked (not just one but a mix of both, no ranking rating needed you just have to clear achievements like finishing the game, doing a certain amount of basic caps, doing a certain amount of damage, etc), with finishing a set of achievements granting you like... a neat helmet or cape or emote or something. 

there will be an influx of newbies, most will come for the trinket, some will get hooked and stay.

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I seem to recall that they tried adding in a legendary amulet. How did that turn out in helping the population?

I can still hear the jeering from pve'rs who want everything to fall into their lap without interacting with the content. We had this issue initially with glorious armor too. 

On 8/6/2023 at 11:06 AM, Stand The Wall.6987 said:

yeah nice lets turn this into a 1v1 with 8 bots

Yeah but I do still agree with the general sentiment of "players should be rewarded for pvping."

Maybe gold is too exploitable a reward, but some account bound shinies that require you to play X amount of matches and stand on points for X amount of time total might work.

As long as the rewards are temporarily available and can be ground out by even casual PvErs there -might- be a few people who decide they wanna stick around after the party.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 12:32 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

i dont see any other way ppl would actually try pvp

most important you get a lot of gold when you win, nothing when you lose

you can play average 3/4 matches, 5 tops in 1 hour

we could easily get  4g worthy rewards per win

it's nothing compared to 30g/h from pve farms

I'm still bugged that the design team cannot be bothered to adjust PvP Guild missions to account for queue times that count against your Guild Mission time limits.  Some stronghold queue times can take 10 minutes!

And the fact that if a teammate quits before swiss rounds in an AT, the game acts as if you never participated in the AT.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 8/7/2023 at 8:58 AM, Gibson.4036 said:

Game needs to reward near losses, not just wins. That way there’s incentive not to call the match after the first 30 seconds.

they could add some reward per top stats, more top stats more rewards, like 15 silver or something winning or losing

On 8/7/2023 at 9:06 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I seem to recall that they tried adding in a legendary amulet. How did that turn out in helping the population?

that lasted about an year before champions regalia, we had more players back then, you cant strictly relate that to amulet farm, but there were more players, also you had at least 2 teams every AT trying to get their 20 wins, it certainly did more good than bad to the game mode

i can see ppl jump in to pvp trying to get 4-5g within 15 min, ppl are likely to play more matches while they keep winning

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1