Arena Net never backs up on an idea... but...

SoulGuardian.6203

We all know that once A Net announces their next xpac and contents, they never go back on a concept idea... but please hear me out.

Is there a way that, in such short notice, you could possibly break the mold?

I have a few ideas, that actually have been mentioned by many other people before in the forums and somewhere else. 

Elementalist.

Change the spawning weapons into different skills and actually give the elementalist those weapons. 

Catalyst already brings the hammer, which we'll be able to use with any other Spec anyways, so why not give the ele, the Great Sword, Axe, and Frost bow?

I'm not a fan of the shield; but maybe other people will like to have it?

Mesmer.

Please A Net. Double please,  give it a main hand pistol too aswell as the rifle, or instead of...

Please.

I really really feel that mesmers need a MH pistol.

It's one of my GW2 dreams. To make a Gunmage

Necromancer. 

No issue here.

Double swords brings a lot if options.

Engineer.

These guys need more off hand options.

Maybe new weapon types, like replacing grenade kit with an off hand grenade glove.

Ranger.

Maybe giving it a mid range bow?

Maybe these guys should have a rifle too?

Thief.

This class is CRYING out for a proper Assassin spec.

So maybe giving them utility skills set called shuriken.

Different types of stealth and camouflage in order to make one hit kills if they can approach a foe undetected. 

For that to work, complete invisibility had to be removed entirely, and give them camouflage abilities.

Guardian. 

So much a land spear.

This class is begging for a land spear. 

Revenant.

Don't remember which weapon they are getting, but more ranged options would be nice 

Last but not least.

Warrior.

The forevermore punished warrior... for some reason... these guys have almost all current weapons but fail to be a master of any.

Sword skills are bland and boring.

GS is not much better. Especially skills 2, which should be performed while the warrior moves in the desired direction.

These guys do NOT need anymore weapons. 

In fact, I'd remove some of them.

They need a major improvement on existing ones, or... a sort of magical booster to enhance them.

But if I'd give them a weapon; would be a brand new great axe, or a crossbow, or a spiked ball and chain, or even a pole blade like samurais do... did...

Thanks for reading and your consideration. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13

53 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

I'm actually excited about a new phantasm for mesmers

New phantasm?

Why am I only hearing about this now?

53 minutes ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

Maybe also give them off hand dagger so we can actually look like the virtuoso that introduces you to the spec...

I honestly don't see the need for another mesmer dagger when we will be able to use all weapons, with any spec, even core; once you unlock weapons master.

So you'll be able to use both virtuoso's daggers with any other Spec. 

There are a vast amount of weapon choices... and the only class that does that is Warrior ( Bladesworn), and I personally think the devs should have never gone down that road.

The pistol was enough, and the gunsabre should have been an enhancement for the Great Sword.

They decided to keep it that way despite the numerous amount of requests to remove the second GS and do it a different way.

Very important point.

When weapons master will come out and players want to use the Gunsabre with a berserker or spellbreaker, what's the solution to that?

I think A Net has an issue in their hands about that.

The dilema is: Make the Gunsabre an actual weapon not exclusive to Bladesworn? Or make it an enhancement for the great sword?

We will still be able to use the pistol though.

Here's a third option:

Why not make it so the Gunsabre could be assembled by using a MH sword, and the off hand pistol?

Getting back to mesmer MH pistol.

I think ANet would not regret making that decision.

I haven't felt this strongly about a concept idea for mesmer since virtuoso, which by the way, a lot of people bashed long pre release, but now every user loves it.

In WvW is the most used mesmer Elite spec by a long margin.

4 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

New phantasm?

Why am I only hearing about this now?

I honestly don't see the need for another mesmer dagger when we will be able to use all weapons, with any spec, even core; once you unlock weapons master.

So you'll be able to use both virtuoso's daggers with any other Spec. 

There are a vast amount of weapon choices... and the only class that does that is Warrior ( Bladesworn), and I personally think the devs should have never gone down that road.

The pistol was enough, and the gunsabre should have been an enhancement for the Great Sword.

They decided to keep it that way despite the numerous amount of requests to remove the second GS and do it a different way.

Very important point.

When weapons master will come out and players want to use the Gunsabre with a berserker or spellbreaker, what's the solution to that?

I think A Net has an issue in their hands about that.

The dilema is: Make the Gunsabre an actual weapon not exclusive to Bladesworn? Or make it an enhancement for the great sword?

We will still be able to use the pistol though.

Here's a third option:

Why not make it so the Gunsabre could be assembled by using a MH sword, and the off hand pistol?

Getting back to mesmer MH pistol.

I think ANet would not regret making that decision.

I haven't felt this strongly about a concept idea for mesmer since virtuoso, which by the way, a lot of people bashed long pre release, but now every user loves it.

In WvW is the most used mesmer Elite spec by a long margin.

With mesmers there is a theme - main hands create clones (illusionary leap, illusionary counter, lingering thoughts...) where off hands create phantasms (phantasmal swordsman, phantasmal warden, echo of memory...) as 2 handed weapons have to have both clone generation and phantasms on the skill set the rifle will have to have a new phantasm attached to it somehow which will be cool!

An off hand also opens the possibility for different builds tho. That's why so many of the new classes get double welding - guardian with 2 guns, necros with 2 swords - that's double options of new and exciting options!

I feel like you might be missing the point with the gunsaber. Gunsaber is not a weapon but a class mechanic. I think of it as a shroud mechanic.

Let me explain.

Necromancers come with a shroud mechanic by default. They build up their shroud and they can enter it gaining access to new skills and a second health bar but lose access to their utilities.

Specters also get a shroud. Second health bar, no access to utilities, second health bar. This is also a class mechanic. 

Holoforge can also be considered in a way a shroud - you gain access to new skills that build up a "shroud" that empowers your skills, you still have access to your utilities, but to compensate you don't get a second life bar.

And Gunsaber mode. Different skills, building up "shroud" that empowers your abilities and so on. Also a class mechanic...

Using this analogy you can consider a lot of things just different pieces of the game mashed together and you get that resemblance of what guild wars 1 mixing of classes was:

-Willbender is a mixture of guardian and thief.

-Specter is a thief and necromancer

-Mechanist is engineer and ranger and so on

But I'm going on a tangent. I still wish mesmers received even more weapons... 

• Like 1

"We all know that once A Net announces their next xpac and contents, they never go back on a concept idea... but please hear me out.

Is there a way that, in such short notice, you could possibly break the mold?

I have a few ideas, that actually have been mentioned by many other people before in the forums and somewhere else.'

My idea to Anet to break the mole once and all

Thief Profession - Delete Thief Profession - Daredevil, Deadeye, Specter, pending rework/redesign, delete portal-stealth, delete teleport, delete shadow step, delete blinding powder, delete assassin signet, increase skill cooldown to 20, increase weapon cooldown to 15 seconds, increase weapon swapping to 10 seconds, decrease conditions by 200, remove 3rd dodge

Mesmer Profession - pending rework/redesign, delete stealth - clones, limit long range to 300, increase all skill cooldown to 6 seconds, increase weapon cooldown to 6 seconds, decrease power by 200

Warrior Profession - pending until rework/redesign, increase skill cooldown to 10 seconds, increase weapon cooldown to 10 seconds, limit long range to 800, decrease power by 200

Guardian Profession: increase skill cooldown to 6, increase weapon cooldown to 5 seconds,, delete traps, delete teleport, limit long range to 1000, increase heal duration to 200, immunity to control effects except Fear, Willbender - Delete

Elementalist Profession -  pending rework/redesign, limit long range to 1000, increase all skill cooldown to 8 seconds, increase weapon cooldown to 8 second, decrease all stats by 200

Ranger Profession - increase skill cooldown to 5 seconds, increase weapon cooldown 5 seconds, delete stealth, remove  pet swap cooldown

Revenant Profession - increase skill cooldown to 5 seconds, increase weapon cooldown to 5 seconds, limit long range to 600, decrease condition by 200, set all energy cooldown to 1 seconds, decrease weapon swapping to 5 seconds

Engineer Profession - increase skill cooldown to 10 seconds, delete stealth, limit long range 800, decrease power by 300

Necromancer Profession - increase skill cooldown to 5 seconds, increase weapon cooldown to 5 seconds, increase minions health by 500, increase conditions durability by 100, remove self-inflict conditions, immunity to all conditions and to all control effects

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

12 hours ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

I'm actually excited about a new phantasm for mesmers so I really don't see the need for another mh. Maybe also give them off hand dagger so we can actually look like the virtuoso that introduces you to the spec...

Isn't the poster virt just a virt with no off-hand weapon 😏 

• Confused 1

here is a video by player concerning Elementalist Profession: Catalyst.... that Anet must addressed. (including suggestions.)

"High Risk = High Reward should be rewarded, not Low-No Risk = High Rewards)

I also want to add: this pretty much sums up Bad Design. Bad Design is the standard balance for Guild Wars 2 Professions

Bad Design Professions:

Thief Profession, Mesmer Profession, Warrior Profession, Elemenatalist Profession, Guardian Profession: Willbender

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

Bad Design Professions:

Thief Profession, Mesmer Profession, Warrior Profession, Elemenatalist Profession, Guardian Profession: Willbender

4 professions and 1 elite spec out if 9 professions. Not bad. Once you are up to 9 out of 9 professions the game will be balanced.

Also didn't you "quit" a few weeks back? Break already over? 🧐

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

4 professions and 1 elite spec out if 9 professions. Not bad. Once you are up to 9 out of 9 professions the game will be balanced.

"It's easier to ridicule the game because it isn't what I want it to be than to accept it will never be my ideal and play it for what it is" vibes. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

If one read the forum, all professions, elite specs and at least 50% of the game mechanisms are bad design. I'd say that burnfall is pretty tame to limit himself to 4 professions an 1 elite spec 😅.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Guild Wars 2 streamers with few Guild Wars 2 players brought me here in the forums; temporary. In fact today; I will resume my time off until the next update.

Until than Cyninja, Dadnir and the Community 

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well,” when the Balance Team and Design Team, are retired-replaced with a new Team who put the players experience first before self-interest and profit.

-Be Well-

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I can *feel* the salt *dripping* from my screen. I had to scroll away, lest I be buried in the deluge.

As the saying goes, "when life makes someone salty, bring french fries".

Honestly, I'd complain, but I'd rather save my energy adapting and figuring out what class to gear up next after leveling them all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1