Conquest sucks

Deadmoose.6594

13 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

the games really are just too long, and i think this is what sucked my enjoyment out of pvp the most. let's be honest, 250 points is more than enough, and there's really no reason for a game to last longer than about five minutes total. even the pregame could be significantly shorter.

at the moment it takes up to half an hour to play a pvp match, if you include waiting for the queue to pop.

this game is in a really strange place now because the combat is super fast paced after all the powercreep, but its like playing short bouts of quake inbetween sessions of a turn based strategy, waiting for all the pieces to get into position first.

i think that wvw largely has the same problem. fast battles that end in seconds or minutes, but extremely high ramp up time to fights.

they either need to slow the combat down to what it was at release, (which is what all the times and thresholds were balanced around), or speed up the matchmaking and general ability to get into combat in both competitive modes. unfortunately the only way to do this in pvp would be to remove ranked, since arenanet has said in the past that the majority of players queue for unranked only.

do you want to be a slow-paced and strategic, or fast-paced and chaotic game? they need to decide and stick with it, for good.

I think the 500 points are necdssary to facilitate comebacks

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, deathdealer.2197 said:

I think the 500 points are necdssary to facilitate comebacks

i've played hundreds of pvp games, and from my experience come backs only happen in maybe 10% of them. i think its not worth making everyone suffer for something that barely ever happens anyway, as exciting as it may be when it does.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

On 8/10/2023 at 11:07 AM, Khalisto.5780 said:

have you ever thought you hard locked at some rating cuz you aren't good enough to climb.

It's been 3 years i'm around 1500 rating, but that's pretty much my fault, cuz I meme and I don't duo q.

Sir, you are hard-locked because nobody is playing...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

i've played hundreds of pvp games, and from my experience come backs only happen in maybe 10% of them. i think its not worth making everyone suffer for something that barely ever happens anyway, as exciting as it may be when it does.

comebacks happen all the time, people just don't see it.  For example many games see one team moving ahead by 50+  points by the first quarter but then second to third quarter they lose concentration or subconsciously change tactics and the lead gets eaten up - that's a comeback, and what makes the game fun.  Well ..it would be apart from those who throw the toys out of the basket rather than fighting harder or adjusting in the game.  The i'm not playing because i'm not winning mentality is not only self defeating, it ruins the experience for everyone including themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

comebacks happen all the time, people just don't see it.  For example many games see one team moving ahead by 50+  points by the first quarter but then second to third quarter they lose concentration or subconsciously change tactics and the lead gets eaten up - that's a comeback, and what makes the game fun.  Well ..it would be apart from those who throw the toys out of the basket rather than fighting harder or adjusting in the game.  The i'm not playing because i'm not winning mentality is not only self defeating, it ruins the experience for everyone including themselves.

the previous poster was talking about 500 point (end-game) comebacks, not early to mid game comebacks, which are still possible with shorter games, and would probably be even more common when players feel pressured to change strategy sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Oh I agree but 10% is still better then 0. Personally I wouldnt mind shorter games either btw it was more an observation as to why it is what it is

There should be a surrender button. If everyone on the team presses it, then game over. Without this button, the team mentally checks out anyway and surrenders. The game will still be over, just stalled till 500 points. Which is a waste of everyone's time 

Turn arounds happen, true. But that's only if the weakest  links recognize where they are making their mistakes. A lot of it is rotation based mistakes which is hard to understand. 

Anet should create gameplay tutorials like they did for open world pve in EOD. Otherwise, the new players will remain clueless and get flamed at by their teammates. Either they will be mature and accept the criticism with a grain of salt, or just give up which worsens pvp as a whole 

• Like 3

On 8/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

the thin line of 1400 rating, 1400+ ppl are not so clueless about the game mode, but your chances of being farmed by duo q is huge

1400- is just the clueless and toxicity fest with good chances of being farmed by the duos specially if you not playing prime time

i still think 1400+ is a bit better cuz you can at least q dodge the duos, by doing that you help them farming low gold ppl rofl,  such a good game mode

just NA things

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Conquest biggest issue is the majority of players dont give a $hit about winning or about wasting other players time, as usual most just care about themselves. Balance will never be great in any mmo due to their design, no mmo forum or reddit boasts about the great balance said mmo has, never happens and is always regarding its poor balance. If u want better balance u shouldn't be playing a mmo for pvp, we play mmo pvp cuz we like the very things about their designs that cause the balancing to be difficult. The fact that a large portion of this games pvp community turns into whiny baby's as soon as their team falls behind and proceed to afk and or spend more time in chat being toxic to other players is more to do with players than the dev. Again if ur gonna get that upset due to poor balance u should stop playing pvp via a mmo and look elsewhere. Second reason is also more to do with players than devs, the majority of players that play for daily/rewards could care less about others and queue ranked with a 0 competitive mind set, how well do u think their gonna do and how much effort do u think they will invest in to improving competitively? We need to stop putting all the blame on the devs, vets leave due to lack of attention content wise but that's a small minority compared to average + new players and can u imagine a new players thoughts trying/considering try to get into gw2 pvp while being met with the above mentioned things.....

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

On 8/10/2023 at 1:56 PM, Deadmoose.6594 said:

if match making were actually good it wouldn't be an issue. I'd rather have 10 close matches and lose all 10 than this 50/50 bs that we have right now. Being locked in to a 50/50 win rate is an atrocious scheme. Really just bare bones 0 thought into this game mode with no updates or improvements in sight.

It's literally the goal of the matchmaker to create a 50% win chance. Balanced matchup means both sides have en equal chance of winning. 

On 8/12/2023 at 7:49 PM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

the people who put confused icons to this reply are kittening morons

Edited by Deadmoose.6594
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1