Discover the Wonders within the Wizard’s Vault in Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure

1 minute ago, Wheezy.2846 said:

I mean, it'll be a shift for sure, but for example, you can get them now with green prophet shards. I'd guess with yellow or whatever color shards from the new strikes we'll be able to. If that's 10 a week, 40 a month, plus your vault rewards, there's opportunity for more to enter the market, but it pushes the potential for more rewards onto active gameplay and doing more than just existing with an account. Don't get to get on every day? Playing actively while you ARE on is more worth your time.

But as is we all just don't know until we see prices, other rewards available from the expansion etc. What if the highest tier of Rifts gives us clovers or MCs once a day or week? What if the maps metas have mcs as a choice in the end chest to offset the prices? There's a dozen things we don't know, and I think it's a bit silly the amount of panic we're seeing.

We know almost all MCs entering TP come from login reward. That's something Anet mentioned at some point. The MCs from fractals had minimal impact - and i doubt the situation is any different for Strikes nowadays. So, this change has a potential to have an absolutely massive impact on MC prices. And that's just MCs. There's a ton of stuff that enters the market from login rewards - and lot of other stuff that impacts economy indirectly (like laurels you can use to exchange for t6 mats, or clovers you can passively accrue to decrease the need for MCs). It's a very delicate system we have. Sure, Anet could provide other sources for all of this stuff, but that would require first an awareness there might even be an issue, and second, an ability to balance the economy with a very precise touch. Let's just say that past experiences made me highly concerned for Anet's ability to do either.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

I don't get people complaining about login rewards. They're basically whine that they'll have to actually play the game to get their stuff now. And from I can see the rewards for objectives that require actual effort are buffed compared to the current system. I'll all for encouraging people to actually stick around and play for a few hours instead of just putting in a minute a day to get your free stuff.

So, if someone paid $20 each for alt accounts specifically to get login rewards...how is that stuff, "free?"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

If he was concerned, then why preorder in the first place? Wizards Vault was hinted at on the same day as the pre-order date,

"With the release of Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure, you’ll receive new objectives to complete daily, weekly, and with each quarterly release. As you complete objectives you’ll earn Astral Acclaim, a new account-wide currency, which can be exchanged for rewards of your choosing, such as new weapons and armor skins, a small selection of items previously exclusive to the gem store, crafting materials, gold, mystic coins, legendary crafting starter kits, and more. Those rewards will refresh on a quarterly basis—but fear not! As new items cycle in, any Wizard’s Vault–exclusive rewards will simply move into a legacy section of the vault, where they’ll remain available for the same type of currency indefinitely. Our goal is for Wizard’s Vault rewards are meant to be attainable through regular, normal play; there are no paid upgrades or progression skips, and the legacy section exists to take the time pressure off and allow players to catch up if they take a break."

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/new-rewards-in-guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure/

Today's news is more clarity, but all the critics came out of the woodwork to panic. Just breathe, trust ANet is actually making improvements to something they think needed a rework.  

There were no details about removing login rewards, there were no details about legendary runes shenanigan. Announcement was received well, later details brough criticism.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

Today's news is more clarity, but all the critics came out of the woodwork to panic. Just breathe, trust ANet is actually making improvements to something they think needed a rework.  

So true, the same who cried about the legendary relics are here again in full force crying 🤣

we all will see the new system in one week, just relax. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

49 minutes ago, Dapper Shark.4958 said:

we don't have a lot of information to go on about other rewards, laurels, mystic coins, and clovers were probably the main benefits of the current system, the new system puts you into active gameplay to gain those rewards back. That isn't nesicerly a loss to alt account users if they don't mind active gameplay, but, for folks like myself that dont always want to be active or participate in non casual (raids, stirkes ect) gameplay its a loss.

Yeah. It kind of seems like this is intended to hamper things like Mighty Teapot showed in his video.  Where he just logs 40 accounts in every day and makes 2k gold a month passively.  This "new" system basically takes passive income away from alt accounts, or so it would seem.

• Sad 1

Title. Currently, laurels come from achievement thresholds (very limited) and login rewards. Mystic Coins have more sources, but most of them come from login rewards.

Since login rewards are being removed, will the Wizard's Vault system supply an appropriate amount of laurels and Mystic Coins to make up the difference?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

This "new" system basically takes passive income away from alt accounts, or so it would seem.

And that’s a good thing. Clicking through 20 accounts is not playing the game. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

People keep saying Anet could have given us new stuff by charging us. What about TAKING stuff away and charging for it so we get it back? (the whole Legendary Runes shenanigans, to a much lesser degree thankfully, so I don't mind it as much)

Don't get me wrong, I like the new system, but integrating the Daily login into it means there should be close to no loss from doing so. Otherwise it's a net loss for everyone, whether we like the new system or not.

5 minutes ago, HeliosMagi.9867 said:

Also, if you people don't wanna grind, why are you playing an MMO in the first place?

What if I just don't have as much time to grind? Should I not play a MMO that I enjoy playing as a result? You forget that GW2 is lauded as one of the most friendly MMO in the genre.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

We know almost all MCs entering TP come from login reward. That's something Anet mentioned at some point. The MCs from fractals had minimal impact - and i doubt the situation is any different for Strikes nowadays. So, this change has a potential to have an absolutely massive impact on MC prices. And that's just MCs. There's a ton of stuff that enters the market from login rewards - and lot of other stuff that impacts economy indirectly (like laurels you can use to exchange for t6 mats, or clovers you can passively accrue to decrease the need for MCs). It's a very delicate system we have. Sure, Anet could provide other sources for all of this stuff, but that would require first an awareness there might even be an issue, and second, an ability to balance the economy with a very precise touch. Let's just say that past experiences made me highly concerned for Anet's ability to do either.

I understand most currently come from logins, but at some tipping point the cost of coins goes up to the point that doing all the alternate ways to get them becomes very worth doing, and active players will shift play methods to do those things more, gold making videos and 'what do you do?' guides will push people to those activities more, and hopefully the dailies and weeklies do as well.

I get it's a big shift, and certain things will potentially be getting more expensive, but that can be good for pushing people in certain directions and encouraging more than just logging in and out.