The Achilles Heel of Legendary Armory

Hot swapping weapons!

Never really occured to me until recently I decided to use all the ascended salvaging tools I had amassed from Fractals on my ascended weapons and mainly use my legies....

Every time I want to quickly swap to a weapon, just the weapon not the whole build,  for a while and then back again...select weapon > select stats > select upgrades/infusions > select appearance. And again. Seems way too punishing for a system that is supposed to offer the maximum QoL in gear. Maybe allow us to create weapon templates or I don't know. Right now I am seriously considering going back to ascended weapons and only using legies for the skins.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Well, I don't think Anet expects anyone to get a whole armor template for each and every weapon combo for every class and every character. It's probably an oversight. Definitely deterring weapon swapping in a game where weapon swapping is in the core of its gameplay.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Aenaos.8160 said:

Every time I want to quickly swap to a weapon, just the weapon not the whole build,  for a while and then back again...select weapon > select stats > select upgrades/infusions > select appearance.

Imagine me, a newbie to legendaries, who just wanted to put a leg weapon into the inventory to test some other weapons and the thing disappeared. Without any comment, hint or whatever (I cant even delete those unlocked skins without typing its name into a field). I was totally confused and slightly in panic. I didn't know its upgrades anymore, did I have an infusion equipped?

Well, I don't think Anet expects anyone to get a whole armor template for each and every weapon combo for every class and every character.

You may make fun of it... but: If they've no clue about their own GW1 game, yeah.

There existed a Wiki just for templates. For every occasion and time of the day. And profession and map and foe and hero and event and and and (even for leveling pets, which could be leveled to 1 of 3 versions). There was even software for templates and team builds.

My GW1 template folder has 35 equipment templates and 340 skill templates. (There was no limit, no costs and you could create subfolders to categorize your templates) 🥰

Meaning, given the possibility then your joke would be already reality.

Because of the pay wall and other inconvenient restrictions I didn't even start with build templates in GW2. I use the armor slots though, but very limited because: costs 👎
Leg armor is a little help/work around.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Well, I don't think Anet expects anyone to get a whole armor template for each and every weapon combo for every class and every character. It's probably an oversight. Definitely deterring weapon swapping in a game where weapon swapping is in the core of its gameplay.

Except the answer is yes, they do. Thinking anything otherwise is delusional. 

This "achilles heel" is literally a feature of the system, part of the monetization of GW2. As long as you can grow you character with gold - getting a couple extra gear templates is a pretty minor cost compared to a single legendary - its at least not that egregious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aenaos.8160 said:

It's probably an oversight.

It was already pointed out in the release feedback thread/s. I'd say there's 0% chance it's somehow an oversight. Which doesn't mean they can't improve the system in the future, it's just that they do know what it does.

• Like 1

I suggested a long time ago to let us print legendary weapons from the achievement panel the way we do zenith weapon skins and etc but they'd be a physical ascended stat weapon to equip and keep in inventory, but too much effort I guess. Maybe they're worried they wouldn't sell as many equipment templates if they did that, but we're limited to 8. Which means they want you to buy more character slots of the same class.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2023 at 11:57 PM, gkoogz.3089 said:

Dyes are also terrrrible.

You have to redye every piece on every set of armor as opposed to regular armor which carries die across sets.

It's good if you want different looks in different slots. I like being able to tell apart my 5 different gear sets on my main guard just by looking at her.