ANet helping servers in WvW

xDumplinx.7983

Anet staff can transfer their accounts to a different server on whim. They frequently play on multiple servers, with multiple guilds, at multiple tiers. They don't favor a particular server, though some individuals may prefer specific guilds they've had long-standing ties with. If an anet player claims an objective, it's the same as any other one-man guild. You're reading far too much into this, my friend. 

• Like 7

Any Anet employee that plays the game can use the tag. This means they're not necessarily on the WvW team and may not influence the way WvW works. Though one member was a WvW dev and was part of one of my guilds.

Aside from the icon, they play the game like everyone else. We asked one once and they did confirm that all the siege and stuff has to be gained like everyone else, with the only advantage being able to move servers.

Though in general, I've only seen them following tags. I have never seen an Anet tag by themselves before.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, xDumplinx.7983 said:

So, in EBG about 10 minutes ago ANet claimed SMC while with Blackgate... how is this even allowed? Surely ANet staff shouldn't be able to help only one server in a 3 way matchup.

worry not, some arenanet dude(s) love to claim SMC only to stealth it from KOIN (kinda like an ongoing joke or something). There is no unfair help at all 🙃

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

We rarely if ever have seen ANET on our server or our link. They always seem to run with MAG or BG. Pure favoritism. I truly wish they had ANET employees assigned to servers or they had to rotate to servers and actually play alongside ones facing them. But alas, we will never see that happen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Though in general, I've only seen them following tags. I have never seen an Anet tag by themselves before.

I saw and followed an anet tag with BG and he was just as good as anet is at balancing classes, so not at all!

• Haha 3

I assume you are on one of the third servers and based on the lack of logical thinking, I assume FC or whatever third place server that ppt to T1 (I cant check) but I can explain to you how they are allowed.

In WvW its a mechanic that guilds can claim stuff. So Anet guild falls under it and is allowed. Its a built in mechanic in the game, simple as that
If you want to read up on it more: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Claiming

Also it depends how good the Anet player is, they are allowed to help there server like any other player that is on there respected server. Now its not there fault there skill level might count as 2-3 players while yours might be negative 5. We should not be banning players like anet that are just good on the servers they play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

I assume you are on one of the third servers and based on the lack of logical thinking

Sir this is the forums. Logical thinking is frowned upon here. Making up conspiracy theories is more fun.

10 minutes ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Now its not there fault there skill level might count as 2-3 players while yours might be negative 5.

-5? Are you assuming they are playing rifle condi mech?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, manu.7539 said:

I saw and followed an anet tag with BG and he was just as good as anet is at balancing classes, so not at all!

oh, I remember this time I logged in and we owned just one tower in all EBG, then I noticed a tag and was an arenanet guy. I jokingly said "no wonder we own just one tower" and he was like "I just tag to defend keep :(".

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Bad look and they shouldn't do it. It's a bad look when Anet members favor, or give the impression of favoring one side in a PvP match up. Also, lets be honest that there is clearly a double standard. Imagine the uproar in this forum if an Anet employee went to Maguuma and claimed SMC, or claimed one of the other EBG keeps. Bad idea, idk why that's allowed by the company. I've almost never seen any other Anet claim except for on BG.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Heibi.4251 said:

We rarely if ever have seen ANET on our server or our link. They always seem to run with MAG or BG. Pure favoritism. I truly wish they had ANET employees assigned to servers or they had to rotate to servers and actually play alongside ones facing them. But alas, we will never see that happen.

No it's just BG. I've never seen or recall Anet claim any structure that Maguuma owns. I would certainly know because I play this game everyday and our objectives don't flip that often.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, jul.7602 said:

No it's just BG. I've never seen or recall Anet claim any structure that Maguuma owns. I would certainly know because I play this game everyday and our objectives don't flip that often.

Grouch would regularly tag for maguuma.  Not that that is an issue.  Honestly, the only thing that always bugged me about devs in wvw was when they would use dev tools to get around normal game mechanics.  Like the video of the lords room fight where the dev dies, self resses right in lords, to continue fighting.  They later claimed they were just running lag tests.  The problem with that, is we see that stuff all the time.  Players ressing themselves from fully dead, blocking for 30 seconds straight, etc, etc.  All of those things are server side meaning the player doing it would have to be an employee not running their tag.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, jul.7602 said:

I've never seen or recall Anet claim any structure that Maguuma owns

I've seen mag's ebg keep and home garrí being claimed by arenanet many times.

I would certainly know because I play this game everyday and our objectives don't flip that often

arenanet can claim objetives already claimed.

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

They later claimed they were just running lag tests

To be fair, if you see Dr. Stephen in WvW, he is usually there because he IS testing something.  He's one of the original programmers - one of the guys behind why you don't have to log out if the game updates.  Was it Dr. Stephen in that video?

Edited by Chaba.5410

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

To be fair, if you see Dr. Stephen in WvW, he is usually there because he IS testing something.  He's one of the original programmers - one of the guys behind why you don't have to log out if the game updates.  Was it Dr. Stephen in that video?

It wasn't.  At least, not in the one I'm referring to.

in theory they can move servers, but in practice we've only seen them play on "exciting" stacked servers like maguuma and blackgate. they've received alot of critisism for this over the years, as it gives them a warped view of what wvw is really like. despite this critisism, however, they have yet to cease the practice of only playing on stacked servers for fun, instead of playing on smaller servers for a better understanding of the game mode.

i've never once seen arenanet play on ehmery bay. i think its alot of why wvw is balanced so haphazardly at times. when i see an arenanet tag help us retake our spawn-camped keep on ebg, then i'll have more faith in their ability to understand the game mode.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

17 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Grouch would regularly tag for maguuma.  Not that that is an issue.  Honestly, the only thing that always bugged me about devs in wvw was when they would use dev tools to get around normal game mechanics.  Like the video of the lords room fight where the dev dies, self resses right in lords, to continue fighting.  They later claimed they were just running lag tests.  The problem with that, is we see that stuff all the time.  Players ressing themselves from fully dead, blocking for 30 seconds straight, etc, etc.  All of those things are server side meaning the player doing it would have to be an employee not running their tag.

Completely false, unless you are talking about some time period 5+ years ago that I'm not aware of. Maguuma barely has any commanders as it is, besides myself, obsession, and recently Cake. I play nearly all timezones, probably one of the most active players on Maguuma. Trust me, there is no Grouch tag, and he is not claiming anything of note.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I've seen mag's ebg keep and home garrí being claimed by arenanet many times.

arenanet can claim objetives already claimed.

No. I play this game every day, in at least 3 timezones. I know what I'm talking about here. ANET is not claiming any Maguuma objectives of note. Could there be some rare instances where Anet claims a random camp on redbl that gets flipped in the next 5 minutes? Sure I guess maybe that happens, but anything like a keep, SMC, or upgraded tower absolutely not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1