Reward track potions gone?

ANET could increase points for reward tracks for PvP and WvW. That would be great solution.

For PvP potions if you loose 3 games than you got same amount of points as you got for daily pots if you win 1 game and loose 1 game than you get same amount of points as from daily pots. What a shocker that you need to play game to get rewards.

For WvW it is more complex, but loss of points from pots is not that bad.

Issue with guild hall is bad and should be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

ANET could increase points for reward tracks for PvP and WvW. That would be great solution.

For PvP potions if you loose 3 games than you got same amount of points as you got for daily pots if you win 1 game and loose 1 game than you get same amount of points as from daily pots. What a shocker that you need to play game to get rewards.

For WvW it is more complex, but loss of points from pots is not that bad.

Issue with guild hall is bad and should be fixed.

This isn't about loss of points for me, it's about me not wanting to play this specific gamemode while still wanting to get my pve legendary. As I've said, I would go into wvw, kill a dolyak, use the potion and leave. I'd repeat this for months and got 1 gift of battle out of it. I was willing to do this, because that is how much I do NOT want to play that gamemode. As I've said, I would rather farm for months in pve, than do an hour of wvw. I wouldn't mind them removing the potions, if they introduced some other way to get the gift, but they didn't. 

• Like 8
  • Confused 3

On 8/23/2023 at 9:15 AM, senna.9563 said:

This isn't about loss of points for me, it's about me not wanting to play this specific gamemode while still wanting to get my pve legendary. As I've said, I would go into wvw, kill a dolyak, use the potion and leave. I'd repeat this for months and got 1 gift of battle out of it. I was willing to do this, because that is how much I do NOT want to play that gamemode. As I've said, I would rather farm for months in pve, than do an hour of wvw. I wouldn't mind them removing the potions, if they introduced some other way to get the gift, but they didn't. 

If you need Gift of Battle for leggy item, then it is not PvE leggy item.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

On 8/23/2023 at 8:11 AM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

For WvW it is more complex, but loss of points from pots is not that bad..

umm , no it is bad ^^'

we worked hard to get every potion .. sometimes we have to wait 20 or 30 minutes for a vet npc to appear if enemy players keep bopping them , or over a hour for someone to tag up so we can take a tower or keep

i have done wvw dailies for years , have over 5000 unopened boxes that should have potions in them

why should i loose them all just because i didnt open them at the time ?

@Rubi Bayer.8493

please can you say if anet will give us back our potions ?

• Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Jura.2170 said:

umm , no it is bad ^^'

we worked hard to get every potion .. sometimes we have to wait 20 or 30 minutes for a vet npc to appear if enemy players keep bopping them , or over a hour for someone to tag up so we can take a tower or keep

i have done wvw dailies for years , have over 5000 unopened boxes that should have potions in them

why should i loose them all just because i didnt open them at the time ?

@Rubi Bayer.8493

please can you say if anet will give us back our potions ?

Wait. All my unopened reward boxes will no longer have potions in them? The tooltip still says they do, so I thought it was safe. I guess I'm not opening any until this is resolved.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, vares.8457 said:

They had to remove them, if they had put them in the vault you could get them without even stepping foot into WvW. And there is compensation, so for WvW players not much changes. 

Not having them in the vault is one thing. Removing them from old daily reward boxes that we already earned is quite another.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

There is an easy solution for this issue:

Add reward track potions for a fair price of 5-10 AA to the Vault.

I'm not sure that would be seen as a solution. To get the potions before you at least had to play the game mode to get them. Which I did not mind. It allowed me to dip into WvW when I felt like it or had the time and the achievements srill let me make progress along the reward tracks.

That is one of the problems I see with the WV system. By locking in the game modes, you will end up with PvE people like me who might play WvW once in a while, but will never see the objectives because we don't want to be locked in.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

I'm not sure that would be seen as a solution. To get the potions before you at least had to play the game mode to get them. Which I did not mind. It allowed me to dip into WvW when I felt like it or had the time and the achievements srill let me make progress along the reward tracks.

That is one of the problems I see with the WV system. By locking in the game modes, you will end up with PvE people like me who might play WvW once in a while, but will never see the objectives because we don't want to be locked in.

Basically what your saying is you want every thing and all. The WV brought many improvements compared to the old repetitive and less afford to get a reward system.

Back then your logged in got your daily reward wich was allways the same and did your dailys wich were also basically allways the same. Robot content with much less effort as i said.

now you actually get to choose what kind of content you want to really focus on and get rewards at the end that fit your goals the most without having to do the same thing over and over again since you can still choose to play the other game modes for the next day as dailys and still get the reward track progress from the vault if they were to add these in there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

All mats/gifts should have alternative way of getting, or none at all. Why wvw was made “special” is a question, more importantly if it wasnt intended to be and players just abused potions from dailies. 

If you cant play “wvw even for an hour” do you deserve legendary, part of which is intended to be crafted via this game mode? The answer is obvious. 

• Confused 5

43 minutes ago, kenzil.5983 said:

Basically what your saying is you want every thing and all. The WV brought many improvements compared to the old repetitive and less afford to get a reward system.

Back then your logged in got your daily reward wich was allways the same and did your dailys wich were also basically allways the same. Robot content with much less effort as i said.

now you actually get to choose what kind of content you want to really focus on and get rewards at the end that fit your goals the most without having to do the same thing over and over again since you can still choose to play the other game modes for the next day as dailys and still get the reward track progress from the vault if they were to add these in there.

Not sure where you got that interpretation. I actually think the WV has some very good aspects. It just has some points that need to be addressed (and probably will be).

Also, people saying the new system still needs some tweaking is not a personal attack on you. I am sorry if you thought it was. Have a good day. 🙂

• Like 2

When I was new to the game, I saved up reward track potions to get a ton of Halloween pails from the PVP Halloween reward track. This saved me a ton of time and gold when it came to getting 20 slot bags on alt characters. I was going to recommend my friend who is new to the game to do it was well. Shame he won't be able to.

On 8/22/2023 at 11:26 AM, kash.9213 said:

Seems like nearly every thread is bringing up some wacky decision to dismantle the quality of life

You forgot to end this sentence with a period. 

Edited by Wild.1705
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/22/2023 at 1:05 PM, senna.9563 said:

So is there no way to get the track potions anymore? Because if this is the case, then I'm so goddammit disappointed by this game. I hate wvw with a burning passion and do not want anything to do with that gamemode (nothing against ppl that like it, but I'm not one of them). And the only way I was able to get the gift of battle for my legendaries was to get in, do one or two easy dailies that I didn't need to actually do much for (sentry or veteran creature) and get out. Now I cannot do that, therefore I have no way to get the gift of battle. So I'm locked from crafting legendaries. Is this how it is now? Or have I missed something.....

Welcome to "Secrets of Taking Out", enjoy your stay! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Then buy the legendaries you want or play the game how it’s currently intended to be played. I’ll get out my smallest violin lol

That's completely antithetical to how the game used to function. That's what I loved about GW2: you were very rarely forced to do content you didn't like; WvW maps were removed from map completion for a reason. For the record, I'm an avid WvW player, but I'm still opposed to forcing people to play this mode if they want to craft a legendary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 8/23/2023 at 5:06 PM, senna.9563 said:

No, this isn't about playing the game. I have plenty of playtime in the game, as I've said - I would rather farm pve for months straight, than play wvw for an hour. This just makes me not want to play at all, because it forces me to play a game mode I do not enjoy. And seriously, do hardcore wvw player even want bad pve to ruin their gamemode because they are farming for their gift of battle? Doubtful.

Yeah. This is a great point. While I'm very apathetic about wvw I do play it on occasion. and when I do I try to do my very best to support my team/zerg.

But not everyone is going to do that or put in the effort. Like you said, if you feel like crap doing something like wvw.. You will generally play like crap too because you're putting in the bare minimum effort to get it done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Not sure where you got that interpretation. I actually think the WV has some very good aspects. It just has some points that need to be addressed (and probably will be).

Also, people saying the new system still needs some tweaking is not a personal attack on you. I am sorry if you thought it was. Have a good day. 🙂

I could ask you the same thing i really dont get how you turn some of my statements into having attacked you i guess every one else has to decide if that was the case 🙂

im here because there atleast is as it seems an issue with removing reward track potions and i agree with that because these potions were a part of the daily WvW rewards an all i wish is that there would still be way to obtain these again.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Speaking for myself, I've chosen pure PvE for the dailies/weeklies, after having initially chosen wvw + pve and gotten some combos that I had no interest in doing (in fairness, pure PvE isn't a lot better).  But in the old system, I'd venture into WvW, usually do some of the dailies, maybe stick around if a commander or zerg is doing something interesting, and maybe finish off the dailies in PvE.  In the current system, I'm just much less likely to venture into WvW - unless I'm going to spend a lot of time there, the rewards are not that useful.  In the old system, I'd get the potions, and why it might have taken a while, could complete progress.

The old system had several dailies that could be completed really quickly (big spender, ruins runner, maybe even land claimer or dolyak denier).  One needed 80 potions to complete a track - I would argue that with only the fast ones (ones you could do in a minute), the old system was in fact faster in terms of amount of time needed to be in WvW (big spender could be done from guild hall even), and that didn't even include the progress you might have gotten from being in WvW in the first place.

The new system depends on your WvW level, and how your team is doing - I've heard 4-6 hours would be a reasonable assumption for new players - WvW vets who are getting a lot more pips/tick would do it faster, and those willing to lead squads faster still.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2023 at 6:27 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

It does seem the getting skirmish chests now provides more reward track progress, but I'm still not sure why they made that change - since skirmish progress and reward track progress are both mostly time based, why not just give more reward track progress every 5 minutes?

It's likely to exclude Edge of the Mists and make that map seem even more unrewarding than it already is compared to the rest of WvW maps.

On 8/23/2023 at 6:27 AM, Solvar.7953 said:

It seems like a somewhat odd change, because the only real need to do WvW stuff now is keep participation up - before at least, even as a mostly PvE player, I could do some easy WvW dailies for the potions to get some progress.  Now it seems to be, hop in WvW, get participation, sit around for a while to get skirmish chests, which also get reward track, do something else to keep participation up, etc.

From what i see, this change, as well as the change to dailies available, seems to be aimed at discouraging hybrid gameplay styles and push players into investing heavily into playing a single gamemode. Notice, that this, while not affecting PvE at all, would be heavily detrimental to WvW and SPvP. It's almost as if Anet preferred those modes slowly died on the vine, cut off from the influx of new blood.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1