Math comparing old and new dailys

sos.6510

I like the vault system. What i dislike is that I am given only 4 dailies and that I MUST do all of them.

I liked the old system better, when I had a choice between a selection of various dailies.

For me, the only thing they need to change in the new system is to give us a wider array of dailies tasks to choose from.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

@Finse.8526 They are, and so are the mystic forge stone, which is why I said that I was not convinced by them giving us access only to res orbs and extrac tool. Hopefully we'll see more choice in future patches, cause Mystic Forge Stone to make the 250 recycling kit are kind of needed

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sos.6510 said:

@Finse.8526 They are, and so are the mystic forge stone, which is why I said that I was not convinced by them giving us access only to res orbs and extrac tool. Hopefully we'll see more choice in future patches, cause Mystic Forge Stone to make the 250 recycling kit are kind of needed

Mystic Forge Stones come from achievement chests (we still get 10 AP for completing the dailies, so those are unaffected).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Swoo.5079 said:

The potions are gone but you get more instant reward track via the pip system.

Yes, in WvW. But what about PvP? If you choose all three game modes it seems to me like PvP rewards are worse for you now.

EDIT: especially as you can just choose different game modes, there are no more any incentives for non-PvP players to actually play PvP.

Edited by Tev.8345
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, hertigknut.8475 said:

Getting free stuff really do suck dosen't it ? 

It's an MMO and there's an economy to take into account... I think a system rewarding free stuff like that needs to go when you have people running dozens of accounts simply to amass login rewards. Now the most rewards will come to active players, not someone who just paid for dozens of copies of the game and is running a launch buddy app to quickly cycle through his 40 accounts on a daily basis before sending all the gold, MCs, etc. to his main account once a month.

• Like 12
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Beleron.9347 said:

Mystic Forge Stones come from achievement chests (we still get 10 AP for completing the dailies, so those are unaffected).

You can also buy them from the gem store. I don't think it's worth it most of the time (especially not for the salvage kits) but it is an option.

I wonder if they might add more things to buy later on, either in addition to or instead of some of the current bits.

2 minutes ago, hertigknut.8475 said:

Getting free stuff really do suck dosen't it ? 

smh what were the dev thinking making you play a game you paid for

For real tho, since you all get sick at the idea of doing dailies, here's more math :

- 11 weeklies is 8470 astral acclaim.
- The entire part about "buying stuff that you use to get from the login" costs 5900

In 8 weeks you can grab all of it. You hate dailies ? Fine, don't do them. Just do your weeklies. You're still getting more stuff in the end.

And if you come here crying about you having to do weeklies, maybe start reconsidering if you're playing GW2 because you enjoy the game, or if it just release serotonin in your brain to get free stuff.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

BUT - I do agree that the daily objectives category needs more options added. I like the new system, and the ticking off which objectives/game modes you are interested in, but they should give you ample selection of dailies to choose from, not force you to do 3/3 (ignoring the 1/1 which is simply logging in, as before).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

New system also offer gemstore stuff

Build template etc

I assume more options will be rotated in and out

And skins

Mount skins etc

I think this is almost a massive improvement, but as long as there is only 4 "choices" it will remain a step back

Fix this as soon as possible ArenaNet

While you're at it, add in the old dailies that took you out into the world

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

Just now, jokke.6239 said:

I think this is almost a massive improvement, but as long as there is only 4 "choices" it will remain a step back

It's that easy, if they just add a few more options to the Daily tab, people will have a choice of what to do that day. Rewards over time will be greater, just allow people to play however they want, or at least closer to how they want, during a day.

• Like 3

Just now, Dondarrion.2748 said:

It's that easy, if they just add a few more options to the Daily tab, people will have a choice of what to do that day. Rewards over time will be greater, just allow people to play however they want, or at least closer to how they want, during a day.

Yes, I assume the reason there's only 4 missions is so people won't earn to much AA in a day

But they should just have a big list of options and have a cap on how much you can earn in the daily tab each day

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, jokke.6239 said:

Yes, I assume the reason there's only 4 missions is so people won't earn to much AA in a day

But they should just have a big list of options and have a cap on how much you can earn in the daily tab each day

exactly what I was thinking, or rest of quests disappears after you complete any 3 of them

• Like 1

I think the system is fixable. I would say it needs:

• Much more choice available. I would take it back to 4 in each section (PvE, WvW, PvP) and drop the checkboxes to choose which ones you want (all available). They can reduce the AA joined after 4 missions to a smaller number of 0 if they want (or just disable them once you do 4).
  • Ability to sync up your dailies with your friends and family. The best way of doing this might be to allow you to nominate your Guild for Dailies (like you can nominate your guild for WvW Alliance betas) and then the system makes sure that everyone in that guild has their dailies presented from the same list (but filtered by the next point so there could still be some differences).
  • Dailies from expansions which are further along in the story than where the player is at need to be excluded. I'm only in HoT, some of my family are in Core still, some of us own EoD and SOTO but there is no way we are doing dailies there! We don't want to spoil the story by visiting those maps. This is a big one for me, it used to happen in the old system with HoT and PoF maps sometimes being dailies but it was usually 1 at most and we could work around it, this new system is way worse. It seems like we will never get 4 PvE dailies which can be done only in Core (if you own all expansions) meaning Anet are penalizing us for having supported them by buying expansions.

With those changes the system could be quite good.

Edited by Mistwraithe.3106
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, sos.6510 said:

Oh kitten you right xD

14 825, so 270 less than I used. Not a huge deal in the end, you can still grab most of the store

The math is not the fail. Your choice of numbers to include in the math is the fail.
Why didn't you just include Fractal CM daily into it, too?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1