Math comparing old and new dailys

sos.6510

2 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

The math is not the fail. Your choice of numbers to include in the math is the fail.
Why didn't you just include Fractal CM daily into it, too?

Because this system wasn't changed ? And they don't give astral acclaim ? As far as I'm aware tho, maybe I missed something

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Dondarrion.2748 said:

It's an MMO and there's an economy to take into account... I think a system rewarding free stuff like that needs to go when you have people running dozens of accounts simply to amass login rewards. Now the most rewards will come to active players, not someone who just paid for dozens of copies of the game and is running a launch buddy app to quickly cycle through his 40 accounts on a daily basis before sending all the gold, MCs, etc. to his main account once a month.

Yes , the economy absolutely crashed last year with old system. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, sos.6510 said:

My dude I'm literally just counting how much astral acclaim you can get, I have no idea why you're bringing fractals into it

You are comparing "log in and do four minutes of whatever" to the maximum amount of farmable currency that can be spent in a new system. My dude.
That is an error right off the bat.

• Like 12
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, The Boz.2038 said:

You are comparing "log in and do four minutes of whatever" to the maximum amount of farmable currency that can be spent in a new system. My dude.
That is an error right off the bat.

I'm comparing "log in and do 3 dailies because there are no weeklies" to "log in a do 3 dailies and move on to weeklies"

I'm comparing the maximum amount of farmable currency in the old system with the maximum amount of farmable currency in the new system.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

Just now, sos.6510 said:

I'm comparing "log in and do 3 dailies because there are no weeklies" to "log in a do 3 dailies and move on to weeklies"

I'm comparing the maximum amount of farmable currency in the old system with the maximum amount of farmable currency in the new system.

Like I said, fail right at step 1.

• Like 9
  • Confused 5

On god y'all are crying so loud whenever you're asked to play the game I'm astonished you haven't moved on to another game.

There are more objectives, yes. There are, wild I know, more rewards.

As I said before, skip your dailies, just do your weeklies on the weekend, and you'll have just as much stuff. But now you have more goals, and more rewards to go with it.

But sure, keep whining, it won't make your logic more tangible.

I'm comparing the entire old system that got removed to the entire new system that got added. You wanna compare daily to daily ? Sure, let's go

5005 astral acclaim, that is enough to get more than what you would with the old system, just don't grab all 30 transmutation charges, or all vision crystal, or anything really it's your choice. You happy now ? I compared 3 old daily to 3 new daily, and the new system is still more rewarding.

• Like 7
  • Confused 7

This is a good list. Will have to think about this later in detail. I already found it okay - except the removal of Potions - when I did not notice the bigger chests. (Since I would not have tried to get everything the old system gave and for more flexibility I'd have taken a loss in totals without being happy. If instead of 20 A and 20 B I could have gotten 30 A when only wanting I ... this would have been fine. Even if then no B were possible anymore.) They add a lot.

Is it really 77 days (11 weeks) though? Would makse sense to split the year into 4. Every 13 weeks. Well at least for the future. Now with them still manually releasing content updates they might tie it to them - chancing the duration a bit every now and then and only roughly aiming for this.

Spirit shard removal is bad for new players. The potions ... bad for people that regularly did the respective dailies - helped to progress faster in the reward tracks. They should tweak this. An easy option would be to require to play that game mode. Give acclaim even when only playing PvE but let the vendor offer them only when you play PvP/WvW. (Lets say you add some potions to the limited stock - that can increase as long as the season runs ... not required to buy them at once. Add them weekly based on the modes you selected. If PvP/WvW included add from both. None if you only selected PvE. If only selecting one competitive game mode then only from there - and maybe slightly more then.)

The spirit shards ... actually could work the same way. (Being tied to the PvE selection.)

Edit: Personally I'm going for the unique stuff. Then mystic coints and other old stuff (a bit of the gold). Does anyone know though ... if there was a cap on that gold find thing? 😄 I mean old players must have a lot of it. (Would still be intresting to go for it to cap it for completion but in case other stuff is more interesting I might not get it lol.)

Edit2: The gem store stuff (build storage expansion) also seems great. And not too expensive. I guess they might not bring that often - since the one you can get now will be available later still. Costing more in legacy. And the current acclaim is probably already balanced to have left over acclaim later to buy legacy stuff - in the later seasons.

There are some tomes of knowledge. (Can be vendored into spirit shards but not that much though. Pretty limited.) My guess is that we'll see still some balancing regarding the spirit shards and reward track potions. Other than that it seems fine.

Edited by Luthan.5236

15 minutes ago, Luthan.5236 said:

Does anyone know though ... if there was a cap on that gold find thing?

No cap according to the wiki, but again, it only affects the gold you gain directly by killing enemies, so with 100% gold find you jump from 2 silver to 4 silver. Not that exciting x)

Made another edit regarding the rewards in my previous post.

Regarding the gold find: Imo they should cap it. Mayb 300 would be possible - and still not reached. According to wiki this was introduced end of 2014. So roughly existed for 8.5 years with maybe 13 4-week-cycles per year. 2 gold find per chest. Slightly more than 220-somthing for people that did everything + maybe some from other sources. (Permanent AP reward chests.)

Would feel more encourating to get it if you knew you could get "completion". Yeah the gold find bonus itself is not interesting. Now this will be progressed slower with this system. Afaik the mystic find they capped it so that even without having maxed luck with boosters you could get to a certain cap. Would make sense to introduce a cap here for the one in the achievement window and then a 2nd one (taking boosters into account). Not that anyone really would need it lol.

I agree with the new daily being extremely rewarding, and I actually really like the changes with this new Wizard's Vault being added to the game. I didn't care for doing dailies before after I got my 15k AP from them, but I spent my entire evening yesterday completing both daily and weekly. 

Thanks alot for sharing this overview!

Also I had no Idea the legendary kit actually offers a precursor and gift of magic, that is just insane!

This really is THE only information that needs to be considered regarding the vault. I was going to do the math today myself because it's obvious that it is more rewarding simply just by looking at it, but these days - people barely understand information even if you spell it out for them....slowly.

It's not perfect - it can use some tweaks. But it is better and by no means does it need to be rebuilt OR do we need to go back to the old system.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

You d efinitely get more rewarded if you do the dailies, thats for sure and none can argue with that. You get less reward if you JUST log in every day and do nothing else, thats also true but so far there were dailies that took exacta 30-60 seconds to do and at that point you already made MORE than what you got just for log in reward before, even if you do that one daily that takes literally 30 seconds, like kill 10 enemies while having food, salvage 10 items, 2 two combos, etc.  Not having a choice and being forced to do 3 dailies that game pick for you is the only bad thing about this new system imo. Maybe except some rewards that are weird. Laurel for 10 AA while 1g is 6 AA? 1 laurel was worth like 50s before so it doesnt make sense. And lack of bl keys, they should let us get atleast 3 imo. 

But anyway, if you are willing to spend a minute longer to do one or two dailies then you make a lot more money than before.

Edit: Not to mention easy weekly, salvage 50 items for example.

Edit2: Also picking ONLY pve seems to be the best, they are very fast so far and considering that doing ONE fractal and ONE strike is in weekly, it means it will probably not be in daily, so so far any daily is faster than any pvp/wvw daily.

Edited by Cernoch.8524

True, not enough tomes and spirit shards could be tweaked too imo, we used to get both before. 

Also I dont get that 1g for 30 AA while there are golds for 6AA....place holder for something? Unless I am missing something.

I would add BL key too and change luck for exotic one maybe.

Edit:......*cough*supreme rune of holding*cough*

Edited by Cernoch.8524

4 hours ago, sos.6510 said:

All we'd need would be more dailies to have options (2 would be a good start), reward track potion in the aa shop, and maybe sync dailies between players so we can play together.

This is all I care about. The rewards are fine. I also don't think cracking open gear and doing dodge rolls etc are good for playing with a friend

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

True, not enough tomes and spirit shards could be tweaked too imo, we used to get both before. 

Also I dont get that 1g for 30 AA while there are golds for 6AA....place holder for something? Unless I am missing something.

I would add BL key too and change luck for exotic one maybe.

Edit:......*cough*supreme rune of holding*cough*

The one for 6AA is one per day during the quarter.

• Confused 1

You are saying that the mystic clovers are 20 compared to 14. But assuming it sticks at 77 days, you are getting 3/4 of the next 7 clovers from the third end of month chest under the old system. You've counted that as being nothing, when it should be counted as at least 5 (it's 5.25, officially). Which means that for those people focused on clovers, the new system is less than one clover better than the old passive system over a nearly 3 month period.

If that's what ANET meant when they said they wanted playing to be more rewarding that just logging in, then I'd like some of what they're smoking, please.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sos.6510 said:

No cap according to the wiki, but again, it only affects the gold you gain directly by killing enemies, so with 100% gold find you jump from 2 silver to 4 silver. Not that exciting x)

If it works like magic find, 100% gold find is only 10% extra.

3 hours ago, Tev.8345 said:

Yes, in WvW. But what about PvP? If you choose all three game modes it seems to me like PvP rewards are worse for you now.

EDIT: especially as you can just choose different game modes, there are no more any incentives for non-PvP players to actually play PvP.

I havent done any PvP since expansion (travelling so just some wvw) but according to the patch notes the spvp rrank up chests will be dropping instant reward track once you rank 30.

• Instant reward track progress granted through the WvW skirmish reward track has been increased.
  • Instant reward track progress has been added to PvP rank-up chests, starting at rank 30.

Edited by Swoo.5079

What I would like to see is for the dailies to have toggles based on expansions as well.

Core | HoT | PoF | EoD| SoTO

So, if I toggled PvE and Core only, then the dailies would only be in the Core maps. If I toggled WvW and HoT, then it would either be WvW generic activitices, but also things like Kill X of Y Invaders as ABC Elite Specialization. Things like that. This would alleviate issues with friends/family groups not having the same collection of expansions and allow them to play together doing their dailies.

As to the Maths, I'd like to see the base amount of AA for logging in to be raised to 10 acclaim just like the other dailies. There is no reason to have it be a separate amount.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1