green circles in open world need work

UPDATE 2: this might have just been fixed? we'll see:

"Avatar of Regret's Crushing Regret attack now properly limits the number of players targeted when fewer players are within range."

UPDATE: a guildy of mine has been testing it. EVERY green circle needs to have 3 people in it. if 1 green circle doesnt have enough, everyone gets hit, same as some raid mechanics. this may or may not still be buggy, but they had consistent results surviving green circles with this method (they had a group of 10 players testing this i think? they said they were gonna bring their raid static but i wasnt around when they tested).
this should not be an open world mechanic if the mechanic is not going to scale to the amount of people at the event.

hello!

a ton of champions are spawning green circles that players need to stack into.

the issue is that on non-meta events,  players often want to do these events with only 5 or so people.

we were doing the champ event at [Farisan Village] with 5 people and 3 green circles spawned on us over and over. We got to the point we all had perma red-down status, therefore every green circle was a DEATH.

mobs shouldn't be spawning green circles if theres not enough players in combat with the enemy, and the # of circles needs to scale as well. why are 3 green circles spawning with only 5 players?

Edited by Halure.2571
new information
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think the confusion is that the mechanic isn’t to stack, but to run away and hide from line of sight. I get zero damage that way. Staying close or stacking just insta downed me

You should split and stack at least 3 for every green circle.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I think the confusion is that the mechanic isn’t to stack, but to run away and hide from line of sight. I get zero damage that way. Staying close or stacking just insta downed me

stacking is most certainly the mechanic. maybe line of sight blocks it, but the indicator is the stacking indicator that has existed since AT LEAST 2015 (vale guardian raid boss is a key example)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Halure.2571 said:

stacking is most certainly the mechanic. maybe line of sight blocks it, but the indicator is the stacking indicator that has existed since AT LEAST 2015 (vale guardian raid boss is a key example)

That’s the mechanic elsewhere I agree, but it would appear not to work here. Every group using stacking fails that I ve been in.whether los is a bug or that they have changed the mechanic here I don’t know, but it appears to be what works

• Like 2

Yeah, they don't work as expected. Stacking doesn't appear to do anything, and if it does it doesn't scale properly. Doing events with only 3-4 people is frustrating because everyone in the circle just gets downed instantly. This isn't a raid or strike where you always have a fixed amount of people available.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

You should split and stack at least 3 for every green circle.

apparently not, i moved my self into a group of 5+ still get blown up with multiple down states
the combat log says taken 14k+ from Shared Destruction

also, it seems like only you can see it, I couldn't see others' green circle; unless it's programmed only party / squad members can see each other's green circles(?)

• Like 2

i think whats weird is that the mechanic hits people outside the green, which really doesnt translate well when you have 3 of them (greens will hit other nearby greens). it doesnt make any more sense when stacking greens inevitably means you get hit by the mechanic 3 times, which means you need a fairly sizeable group to simply survive the hit

in this case the best strategy really is for greens to flee from the fight, to avoid blowing anyone other than themselves up

Edited by Noodle Ant.1605

21 hours ago, Halure.2571 said:

the issue is that on non-meta events,  players often want to do these events with only 5 or so people.

Or less. I see people running rifts but of the few champions I've taken down each has been with 3 or less people. The green circles with no explanation as to what they are and no way to avoid them one shot killing you seems to have contributed to many people avoiding them and just not doing these fights at all.    

And I don't blame them. I don't do raids or strikes so the only other place in the game that I can think of that I've run into the mechanic is Drakkar, and most people don't even do the mechanic there. There's going to be a lot of players that have no idea what those green circles are even supposed to mean.  Although, I'm not even sure I know what to do, since stacking doesn't exactly work anyway and you just die. 

It definitely isn't consistent whatever it's supposed to be. I've seen people stack on it and get downed. I've also seen the opposite  where people stack on it and not get downed. I've had it where it does very little damage to me and other times where it does tons. And it didn't seem to matter if there were people with me or not. I'd be surprised if it's a line of sight thing considering there's usually nothing to get behind for cover in time. To me it just feels bugged honestly. 

UPDATE: a guildy of mine has been testing it. they took their static raid group with them to do testing LOL

EVERY green circle needs to have 3 people in it. if 1 green circle doesnt have enough, everyone gets hit. same as raid mechanics.

i wasnt there for this, but this is what they insist got them to survive the green circles.

which, if true, is even worse and needs to be changed IMO.

Edited by Halure.2571

11 hours ago, crepuscular.9047 said:

apparently not, i moved my self into a group of 5+ still get blown up with multiple down states
the combat log says taken 14k+ from Shared Destruction

also, it seems like only you can see it, I couldn't see others' green circle; unless it's programmed only party / squad members can see each other's green circles(?)

a guildy seemed to have the same issue. you need to have other player effects on or SOMETHING LIKE THAT don't quote me, to be able to see others green circles