Question for Devs.

toorichforyou.6743

Guys, chill out! I'm about to tell you how to get a response from the developers. The instruction is still untested in practice, but it makes a lot of sense theoretically.

All you'll need to do is write a post about the size of one A4 page, using an 8-point Tahoma font. Three-quarters of the text should be praising the bravery and heroic deeds of the developers, discussing how much you love the game and all the changes they make, and how you sing their praises every day. You might even mention that you've glued a set of icons featuring their faces to your car's dashboard. Once they take the bait, we cunningly and deviously include the question we want to ask them at the very end of the message!

But, as I said, this is still untested in practice. Also, beware of one of the moderators here (not pointing any fingers), he loves banning those who address the developers without proper respect and offering of gifts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2

48 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

Guys, chill out! I'm about to tell you how to get a response from the developers. The instruction is still untested in practice, but it makes a lot of sense theoretically.

All you'll need to do is write a post about the size of one A4 page, using an 8-point Tahoma font. Three-quarters of the text should be praising the bravery and heroic deeds of the developers, discussing how much you love the game and all the changes they make, and how you sing their praises every day. You might even mention that you've glued a set of icons featuring their faces to your car's dashboard. Once they take the bait, we cunningly and deviously include the question we want to ask them at the very end of the message!

But, as I said, this is still untested in practice. Also, beware of one of the moderators here (not pointing any fingers), he loves banning those who address the developers without proper respect and offering of gifts.

You laugh but unfortunately it is how it is. So sad to see devs react or comment only on those topics where ppl say how awesome they are and not on those where people have question that devs forgot to explain or simply bad design.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, toorichforyou.6743 said:

@Cal Cohen.2358 @Josh Davis.7865 

why do you guys ignore players when it comes to balancing classes and skills? I keep reading these profession updates/changes in Soto and the disconnect is incredible. There are tons of posts and forum debate and not one Anet dev has cared to comment. 

Just asking for the people. 

The only feedback that they listen to is positive feedback on here or Reddit or from popular streamers.

Unless you sing their praises on here or on a twitch stream they're not going to pay you attention.

• Thanks 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

You laugh but unfortunately it is how it is. So sad to see devs react or comment only on those topics where ppl say how awesome they are and not on those where people have question that devs forgot to explain or simply bad design.

This was written more out of a sense of "helplessness" from the understanding that we are not being listened to, that we are nobodies here, and that there is no way we can get through to "them". Just look at this: One, Two.

Edited by Antrix.4512
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Perhaps they are listening to the players who are happy with the changes and therefore don't post complaints on the forum?

So you think if players arent complaining theyre happy? Thats not how it works. A lot of people don't complain because they dont care enough about the game and will most likely just leave the game without any feedback. Most of the people complaining complain because they care about the game and want it to get better. The ones who say nothing are the same people ready to jump to the next best thing at anytime. 

• Like 4

On 8/27/2023 at 8:19 PM, Beast Sos.1457 said:

Most of the people complaining complain because they care about the game and want it to get better. The ones who say nothing are the same people ready to jump to the next best thing at anytime.

Exactly, and forums are the last anchor to keep players, because they,re still looking and hoping for changes.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2023 at 5:00 AM, costepj.5120 said:

Perhaps they are listening to the players who are happy with the changes and therefore don't post complaints on the forum?

Then we wouldn't have the last two June patch that pissed off everyone, would we? June 2022 backlash was especially spicy, and well deserved. (Minus the death threats, those are never ok regardless of circumstances.)

Looking forward for to what kind of kitten show they're cooking June 2024

Edited by Thevaultdwellinggamer.4267
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Perhaps all we need is a streamer that reveals the cruel hard facts and  doesn't flirt around with the devs and calls them out directly .  I mean the game is f2p so the streamer could just make infinite accounts . if they get enough followers maybe our over lords will start listening to a different tune, but they lost their hearing appliances years ago unfortunately so it may just be a waste of time and effort.  Or we can get someone to be a inside man  To join in the secret twitter group  in secret meetings since we all know the discord that happened with the last one. So perhaps another June 2022 reaction could be warranted.🤔

Edited by prototypedragon.1406

On 8/27/2023 at 1:00 AM, costepj.5120 said:

AKA seeking confirmation bias?

Unless the devs give me reason to think otherwise, I see the game going into a death spiral of new yearly expansions that releases half baked stuff that ultimately give more to be frustrated over than less. I don't think they care about the actual buildcraft. I could point out dozens of core traits and utility skills across all professions that need love. Just a smidgeon of attention. But no.

FINAL WORDS

"Player feedback is valued, desired, cherished and hugely important to any game developer. In an ideal scenario, we get to use your feedback — in combination with data from the game and our personal expertise — to improve your experience with the game.

Feedback is our best tool in understanding where our assumptions failed and what we might have missed in our initial considerations. Games have millions of small moving parts, and your input helps us put all of our thoughts in context while maintaining creative and artistic control over how to deliver the best game we can make.

In the end, giving and receiving feedback is about empathy for one another. That includes developers, the community around the games you play, and the experience of other players. Treat your gaming community with compassion and respect, and it’s much more likely you’ll get the same treatment in response.

We’re always talking, even if you don’t realize it, and that conversation is what keeps so many of us going. You are part of a larger picture whenever you are part of a game, whether you worked on it or you’re playing it — and that’s the beauty of the whole thing, isn’t it?

I hope this piece helps us hear each other at least a little better."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4