So what is the bonus for those who already unlocked Skyscale?

So when I see the replies it's hardly benefit to do this all over again. 

To Arenanet: I suggest to copy the 'new' achievement lines and add them to the old achievement, so we can continue there with what we already have done. Should be a piece of cake for the programmers. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay,so to recap this whole thing: If you already earned your Skyscale back in Season 4, you do the new Masteries to gain access to the additional flight abilities, and you only do the new achievements for the skin and a mini?

And 300 wizard bucks, to pick up Ellon’s perfect phrase.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

I just need to finish training the new masteries and I'm done with the achievement but yeah, total waste of time (and in my case, +60 gold).

This is where I'm at as well. Technically, I've got 1 piece of saddle left to buy too, but I'll have that by the time I finish out the new Flight mastery. I'm still undecided on whether or not it will have been worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 3:37 PM, Gop.8713 said:

I haven't gotten that far along yet in the new content but no one has mentioned mounting in combat yet, did that turn out not to be a thing? It's what I was most looking forward to . . .

You prolly already have your answer, but here goes for those who are still wondering:

It's a 240 second cooldown....

basically a super high jump into the air and then mount...

you can also keybind the combat launch separately from your regular mount.

if you use you regular mount key during combat, (if combat launch is not on cooldown) it will use combat launch

Also, during 2nd map meta, there are launch points clearly marked during the battles that do the same thing as combat launch, without putting your new skill on cooldown.

• Like 1

What they did is straight up insulting to those who had already unlocked the Skyscale, there was no real bonus.
I'm not even sure the upgraded Wall Spring mastery is really an upgrade since the Skyscale indeed launches farther away but both vertically and horizontally which seems to put you at the same point as the normal Wall Spring anyway.

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Futa.4375 said:

What they did is straight up insulting to those who had already unlocked the Skyscale, there was no real bonus.
I'm not even sure the upgraded Wall Spring mastery is really an upgrade since the Skyscale indeed launches farther away but both vertically and horizontally which seems to put you at the same point as the normal Wall Spring anyway.

It can even feel like a downgrade

I've been quite annoyed by the leyline mastery quite a few times now

I'm sure it can be useful at times, but so far it has just been in the way

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1