Material Storage

27 minutes ago, Nidome.1365 said:

Please add the new crafting materials to Material storage please, and while you are at it maybe add Jade Runestones & Antique Summoning Stones as well?

Yes, definitely! I want to put all my cooking mats from EoD into my storage and all those legendary mats, too. I'd also like to have my Gift of Exploration, Gift of the Desert, etc. in my material storage. I've racked up a lot of this stuff. lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

This! And also other numerous things that should belong to the material storage. Such as piles of silky sand, coconut milk, intact mosaic, etc...

Also some of the keys/tokens should be in the wallet instead. Such as pact scout's mapping material, dwarven key, Ornate Rusted Key etc....

Reason because anet keep adding non-depositable items in the game after each expansion without increasing the max number of bank tabs to hold them since many years ago. Some of which are inconvenient to store at alt because sometimes I need access to them not just on one character (such as the account bound jade bot stuffs, drizzle wood stuffs like the charr field homing beacons & sieges, FTT deployment stuffs, etc...). It's a dilemma lol.

Edited by Blueberry.8095
To fix typo XD
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Blueberry.8095 said:

This! And also other numerous things that should belong to the material storage. Such as piles of silky sand, coconut milk, intact mosaic, etc...

Also some of the keys/token should be in the wallet instead. Such as pact scout's maapping material, dwarven key, Ornate Rusted Key etc....

Reason because anet keep adding non-deposibable items in the game after each expansion without increasing the max number of bank tabs to hold them since many years ago. Some of which are inconvenient to store at alt because sometimes I need access to them not just on one character (such as the account bout jade bot stuffs, drizzle wood stuffs like the charr field homing beacons & sieges, FTT deployment stuffs, etc...). 

Amen to that !!!!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:51 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Limited space in the storage better to make all 3 a wallet currency.

Then have a npc vendor were you trade it for a physical item if its needed for anything.

Problem then is people dont feel rewarded since they dont see anything landing in their bags.

2nd this. They need to be a currency with how much they are used for non-crafting purposes.

• Sad 1

They already said they will add the new materials to the storage in an update. I think its been missed, or they wanted to show players the mats or something. Or push bag sales or what ever. 

But they already stated they will be added to the storage in future.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Once before (possibly when PoF came out?) I remember them saying they deliberately left new materials out of material storage because they'd previously noticed new materials were unnecessarily expensive on the TP because most players deposit materials before even looking at what they've got so hardly anyone sold them until their storage was full and they couldn't deposit any more. (And that made anything crafted with those materials more expensive and difficult to get than it was supposed to be.)

I don't remember any follow-up on that to say if it was effective or not (I might have missed it) but I've just assumed they kept it going and that's why new materials often can't be deposited right away. Although then there's some stuff like jade runestones which never gets added to material storage.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 1:51 AM, Linken.6345 said:

Problem then is people dont feel rewarded since they dont see anything landing in their bags.

I'd be very happy if nothing landed in my bag. Or if it does, I'd like a 'open everything that can be opened tyvm' button beside the everything to material storage one.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/28/2023 at 7:51 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Limited space in the storage better to make all 3 a wallet currency.

Then have a npc vendor were you trade it for a physical item if its needed for anything.

They want you to buy material storage upgrades.

They also want you to buy bag slots but c'mon Anet, my character is maxed on slots. Lets focus more on material storage now please. Let me deposit all this crafting stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, Linken.6345 said:

I thought the pop up that tells you what you're rewarded with would sufficed. 

The thing is if they keep adding non-despositable stuffs that take up bank space, a lot of us will move those into a storage character, never look at it again and forgot that it existed. Having more bag slot is irrelevant because some items are not supposed to be stored on an active character hence it's natural that I'd move that to the storage.

4 hours ago, Blueberry.8095 said:

I thought the pop up that tells you what you're rewarded with would sufficed. 

The thing is if they keep adding non-despositable stuffs that take up bank space, a lot of us will move those into a storage character, never look at it again and forgot that it existed. Having more bag slot is irrelevant because some items are not supposed to be stored on an active character hence it's natural that I'd move that to the storage.

I know this pain. I had a character full of stacks of items I could not fit in my material storage. In the past I have even bought items from the TP because I forgot I had a stack on my bank character, or plain could not be bothered to relog to move items to the bank to be accessed by the character that needed them.

Eventually I caved and maxed my material storage slots. But I refuse to buy more bank or bag tabs, it shouldn't be necessary. I get that they need to make a buck from the gem store but I'd much sooner buy skins than feel obliged to buy inventory space to fuel my artificial hoarding habit.

As someone who enjoys seeing a tidy bank and inventory having some of these items unable to be put into material storage or the wallet sets me on edge.

• Like 1