What is the status on my missing golem (rune) and missing vampire rune <-- VAMP health suction?

3 hours ago, Naxos.2503 said:

I just miss thematic upgrades. I have a fire elementalist character without any fire related relics. How is it sensical for my flame shaman to use a relic for Poison or torment damage because that's the only condi relic allowed ? Give Me FIRE !

Relic of the fractal, it's both meta and applies burning.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Relic of the fractal, it's both meta and applies burning.

I don't see how it's thematically fitting for a Flame Shaman to focus on Bleed application for that Relic.

"It's meta" doesn't help, when the problem is with the theme not having a Relic.

• Like 7
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

I m actually missing some of the self-heal/defense rune effects like sanctuary rune 10% heal to barrier (maybe a lesser effect of that like 5-7%) or scrapper rune -7% incoming damage by enemies below range 600.
Rune of dolyak heal every second.

The relics we currently have really lack self-defense options.
The best one there currently is is relic of nayos which heals per condi cleansed which is effectively useless in PvE because of the low amount of condis the pve enemies inflict to you.

I really liked the idea of relics because it would offer more variety, but they implemented such a low amount of relics that we would have more variety with the rune bonuses back.
If they keep adding only like 6 new relics per quarterly year then we will probably have to wait for 2+ years for most rune bonuses to be back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

not gonna happen. ArenaNet hate player-controlled NPCs (unless you're a mesmer).

Player controlled?  I can tell clones to blow up, that's it.  The only times I can control clone placement is if a skill lets me switch places with a clone.  Clones just run around wherever they want.  Ranged clones don't even move away from enemies, they just stand there and get mauled by melee.

Edit: hmm apparently if I played mirage, axe 3 would retarget my clones.  I still think that rangers have more control of their pets.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I don't see how it's thematically fitting for a Flame Shaman to focus on Bleed application for that Relic.

"It's meta" doesn't help, when the problem is with the theme not having a Relic.

Well, first, it applies burning.

Second, sources of bleeding are plenty, so you don't have to focus on it.

Third, the person i quoted talked about poison and tourment been the only condi relics allowed (so meta, in that sense), so i mentionned it being meta, too.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Second, sources of bleeding are plenty, so you don't have to focus on it.

Assuming said Flame Shaman themed character camps Fire Attunement, how plenty are those sources really?

In regards to Elementalist abilities, there's only Signet of Earth. Technically there's also Grasping Earth, but that's a downed ability and thus shouldn't count towards expected gameplay. Since this Flame Shaman camps Fire, all the conditional "when attuned to Earth" abilities don't apply.

Given that it's a Flame Shaman, it's reasonable to assume it's a Charr. With Charr, Booby Trap and Shrapnel Mine are available.

In regards to traits, there's only Strength of Stone that applies Bleeding. And while that requires immobilizing an enemy, Signet of Stone can trigger that. For Sigils, there's only Sigil of Earth.

In short, the only real sources for a Flame Shaman themed character are Signet of Earth, Sigil of Earth, Booby Trap and Shrapnel Mine. At least in my book, that's not "plenty". Additionally, using all these leaves no room for equipping thematically more fitting utilities like Glyph of lesser Elementals, Glyph of Storms or Signet of Fire.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Assuming said Flame Shaman themed character camps Fire Attunement, how plenty are those sources really?

In regards to Elementalist abilities, there's only Signet of Earth. Technically there's also Grasping Earth, but that's a downed ability and thus shouldn't count towards expected gameplay. Since this Flame Shaman camps Fire, all the conditional "when attuned to Earth" abilities don't apply.

Given that it's a Flame Shaman, it's reasonable to assume it's a Charr. With Charr, Booby Trap and Shrapnel Mine are available.

In regards to traits, there's only Strength of Stone that applies Bleeding. And while that requires immobilizing an enemy, Signet of Stone can trigger that. For Sigils, there's only Sigil of Earth.

In short, the only real sources for a Flame Shaman themed character are Signet of Earth, Sigil of Earth, Booby Trap and Shrapnel Mine. At least in my book, that's not "plenty". Additionally, using all these leaves no room for equipping thematically more fitting utilities like Glyph of lesser Elementals, Glyph of Storms or Signet of Fire.

Well, if you're using 20% of your kit, it sure is less plenty (could work, still, because it's only 6 stack to proc)

I can't even suggest aristocraty because you don't have weakness or vuln.

So yeah, with so many limitations, no relic would really work, neither old rune too, by the way. So yeah, it did not work since vanilla, actually...

But it's unrealistic to ask to have everything working under even the most scuffed conditions...

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 12/18/2023 at 5:44 AM, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I'm still missing the +10% health bonus on my (Legendary) runes set as Runes of Divinity.

I can't find it as relic.

I wish I could just have the old runes back without the new relics. At least until every single runeset bonus is added back and there is a legendary relic to stat-select from. Until then I lost rune functionality with the expansion I paid for instead of gained.

Aye

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Relic system is still a miss 🤷‍♂️ Aside from the effects I miss, like golem, most of my characters don't have a relic equipped because nothing works well or is so conditional that I don't care about trying to use it. Runes were better before relics. I think it has been long enough that we can say this with confidence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Relic system is still a miss 🤷‍♂️ Aside from the effects I miss, like golem, most of my characters don't have a relic equipped because nothing works well or is so conditional that I don't care about trying to use it. Runes were better before relics. I think it has been long enough that we can say this with confidence.

Dont get me wromg I like the base concept of relic (decoupling rune bonus effet and stat). But yeah the excution was really hmm... noobly done? Even rune are now a badly design system, we have soooo many rune set that does the excat samething but with a different name now...

Honeslty I wish they kept the rune like they where and just slap relic on top. I dont really care about power creep at this point, just make the new zone tougher I guess lol. As for wvw, a bit of power creep could spice up the stale game mode I guess? Not a wvw, dont really care honestly, I find it boring. XD

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

7 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Well, if you're using 20% of your kit, it sure is less plenty (could work, still, because it's only 6 stack to proc)

I can't even suggest aristocraty because you don't have weakness or vuln.

So yeah, with so many limitations, no relic would really work, neither old rune too, by the way. So yeah, it did not work since vanilla, actually...

But it's unrealistic to ask to have everything working under even the most scuffed conditions...

One can certainly use the entirety of Elementalist to make that Relic work, but then it would just be a Charr Elementalist, not a Flame Shaman.

And if you look at what sparked this:

On 12/17/2023 at 10:33 PM, Naxos.2503 said:

I just miss thematic upgrades. I have a fire elementalist character without any fire related relics. How is it sensical for my flame shaman to use a relic for Poison or torment damage because that's the only condi relic allowed ? Give Me FIRE!

This reads to me, that Naxos.2503 just wants a thematically fitting Relic, not one that requires leaving the theme to apply a bit of burning.

Even a small Relic that is like "When applying Burning, there's an X% chance to apply an additional stack of Burning" would fit the theme better than Relic of the Fractal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

27 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

One can certainly use the entirety of Elementalist to make that Relic work, but then it would just be a Charr Elementalist, not a Flame Shaman.

And if you look at what sparked this:

This reads to me, that Naxos.2503 just wants a thematically fitting Relic, not one that requires leaving the theme to apply a bit of burning.

Even a small Relic that is like "When applying Burning, there's an X% chance to apply an additional stack of Burning" would fit the theme better than Relic of the Fractal.

You got it entirely right. It's rather refreshing to see someone gets it still.

Fractal is the only the relic that applies burning, it requires using Earth to trigger Bleeding. On a fire themed character, Runes and specializations are all tweaked toward Burning, not Bleeding, hence I'd have to waste a sigil and improve crit chance to trigger a Sigil of Earth, which is woefully inefficient, or go Earth Specialization which is even Less efficient. Relic of Fractal just doesn't work on a thematic level, nor does it even work on a practical level.

PS : You also pretty much devined what I used for my Flame Shaman, which is indeed : A charr, camping Fire at all times, using  Glyph of Elemental Harmony for healing, Glyph of Firestorm, Signet of Fire, Glyph of Lesser Elemental and Glyph of Elemental. Specialization in Fire, Arcane and Weaver, all of it to specifically boost fire. I used Baelfire Runes used to be, they'd also shift 7% of my power to Expertise which was a benefit to my setup, and made the build viable on PvE and WvW even if I didn't build it for efficiency

Edited by Naxos.2503
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Naxos.2503 said:

You also pretty much devined what I used for my Flame Shaman, which is indeed : A charr, camping Fire at all times, using  Glyph of Elemental Harmony for healing, Glyph of Firestorm, Signet of Fire, Glyph of Lesser Elemental and Glyph of Elemental. Specialization in Fire, Arcane and Weaver, all of it to specifically boost fire. I used Baelfire Runes used to be, they'd also shift 7% of my power to Expertise which was a benefit to my setup, and made the build viable on PvE and WvW even if I didn't build it for efficiency

I also camped Fire on my Human Elementalist, but I used Fire/Earth/Tempest.

I used Earth for passive effects that could also improve Burning. Strength of Stone is neat when you run Trailblazer gear. I also liked Written in Stone, before they added the Aura vomit. Sadly, no Adept trait and no minor trait work for camping Fire.

I didn't use Glyph of Storms or Elemental Harmony though. I used Signet of Restoration and Arcane Shield.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is still on the table pretty deep under alot of other important stuff tho so dont count on it getting back into the game anytime soon mates.

As a client Im saying what I want. Now its on anet to decide if they still want my money or no.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

5 hours ago, Zzik.5873 said:

As a client Im saying what I want. Now its on anet to decide if they still want my money or no.

As a client I'm saying I don't want passive golems knocking around mobs for other players as it harms more players' experience than it helps. Now its on anet to come up with a better implementation or leave it out of the game to be faithful with their proclaimed goal of introducing relics.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As a client I'm saying I don't want passive golems knocking around mobs for other players as it harms more players' experience than it helps. Now its on anet to come up with a better implementation or leave it out of the game to be faithful with their proclaimed goal of introducing relics.

As a client, I don't care if the golem knocks things around or not I just want it back. And also as a client, I still find it insulting that ANet take away functionality of legendary gear and set a worrying precedent for a gear treadmill that has been avoided for almost a decade.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

I am pretty sure the Terms of Service states that you actually do not own anything in your account and that Anet has the right to take away anything they want for whatever reason at any time. This is very common in all games with microtransaction. This is why I don't spend money on pixel especially when I don't even get to own it.

You have to agree to the terms when creating your account.

Edited by A Hamster.2580
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 12/31/2023 at 11:27 AM, A Hamster.2580 said:

I am pretty sure the Terms of Service states that you actually do not own anything in your account and that Anet has the right to take away anything they want for whatever reason at any time. This is very common in all games with microtransaction. This is why I don't spend money on pixel especially when I don't even get to own it.

You have to agree to the terms when creating your account.

Not saying they dont have the right, but Im pretty sure that anet as a business, is more worrying with client satisfaction than anything else. Since when did client start defending compagny? Thats so weird, its not the client job to rationnalise a business decision. The client job is to buy what it want and complain when he does not like the product. I thing as a client and pretty sure I have the last word on where my money go lol. So Im just saying, anet you want my money yes? Put back the golem. Simple, I dont care about the why they remove it or if they want it in the game or no.

If golem != true:

AnetGettingMyMoney = false

Else:

AnetGettingMyMoney = true

• Confused 4

13 minutes ago, Zzik.5873 said:

Not saying they dont have the right, but Im pretty sure that anet as a business, is more worrying with client satisfaction than anything else. Since when did client start defending compagny? Thats so weird, its not the client job to rationnalise a business decision. The client job is to buy what it want and complain when he does not like the product. I thing as a client and pretty sure I have the last word on where my money go lol. So Im just saying, anet you want my money yes? Put back the golem. Simple, I dont care about the why they remove it or if they want it in the game or no.

If golem != true:

AnetGettingMyMoney = false

Else:

AnetGettingMyMoney = true

How many times did you say you're quitting the game over some change you didn't like? I know you did a few, so chances are this one isn't any different.

Don't add the trolly passive golem back, thank you.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1