Forgotten Lore Achievement

So in order to get this acheivement you have to do the stinking Orr temple events.... and the defense events don't count.  You have to let the mobs win the event then take it back.  Why is this still a thing in the year of our lord 2023?  You have to wait forever for the events to pop up, then you have to hope that some jerk on the map doesn't let the event fail, then you have to wait some more for the event to take the temple back.

Seriously, just let the defense events count.  I know there are other options, but why even have a bad option?

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Never wanted to do the temple events considering how doing the 2 JPs and the Forgotten path took less time than looking for a Temple and doing the meta there, but at this point we can expect any achievement involving the Orrian Temples to count only either the capture or defense, not both, even though Anet has been "fixing" these kinds of issues in prior achievements.

7 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

but they events aren't Required, they're optional

It doesn't matter that there are alternate methods.  I knew there were alternate methods before I made the OP.  The entire point of this post was to complain about the fact that one of the methods ANET put into the game in order to unlock the achivement is poorly designed and ANET themselves have acknowledged its bad design time and time and time and time again, and yet they keep doing it and keep having to relearn the lesson.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

On 9/2/2023 at 8:07 PM, Parasite.5389 said:

but they events aren't Required, they're optional

While the temples aren't required for getting the achievement, if you want to do them by way of the temples, it's required for the temple defense to fail to be able to get the stuff for the achievement.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Silvoshipnos.2089 said:

You can't really blame Anet for forgetting this issue every time. You have to understand that this game is entirely maintained by a stream of interns who work for a few months just for the next group to come along and start from scratch.

None of which apparently has thought to put a stick note about it somewhere visible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I wish they'd have the temples reset more often. They need an automatic reset, not just a daily reset one. As usual putting the temples as a path to complete the achievement is not a good idea. And once they get done, they never reset. Also, today, 2 of the temples were bugged and sat contested the whole time. And new maps didn't spawn anything to do the metas. Though it appears the maps were never closed, like those in SoTO do after a meta.

Basically, if you don't get the meta at reset you won't get it all day- i.e. NEVER.

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 1

I'm starting to suspect there's some matching algorithm in play that assigns less-played content to the rewards queue tasks, without anyone bothering to check into why that content is less-played. Or at least cross-checking it against the known bugs list. I doubt there's any human-driven QoS validation involved at all.

Edit: QoS = Quality of Service

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
acronym

16 minutes ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I'm starting to suspect there's some matching algorithm in play that assigns less-played content to the rewards queue tasks, without anyone bothering to check into why that content is less-played. Or at least cross-checking it against the known bugs list. I doubt there's any human-driven QoS validation involved at all.

Edit: QoS = Quality of Service

that explain inclusion of very bugged / rarely done mini-dungeons / JP like the one in straits of devastation.

• Confused 1