bladesworn sustain is too much

arazoth.7290

4 minutes ago, magickthief.6492 said:

nah, time to look at your own obsolete build. wars are supposed to be the TOP duelist. masters of direct combat

pvp is about balance and not your RP fantasy where warrior is unstoppable in 1v1, what kind of bad troll comment is that...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Using glass canon traits while being immortal, and the new relic of defender makes sustain even higher it already was

"Using glass canon traits while being immortal"

I don't know, i don't think that defense sustain traits + MMR + River's Flow + Unshakable Mountain are glass canon traits.

If you wanna nerf a class, at least try seeing the real reasons.

But i might be wrong i guess 🤧

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Bladesworn is annoying to deal with in conquest still, and has matchups where it doesnt lose 1v1.

I'm at a loss for how to nerf it in a way that makes it have to respect anything outside of a 2v1 while still allowing it to function, however.

When I said warrior struggles in 1v1 back when were getting annoyed to death by rangers and mesmers and thieves, I didnt mean "warrior should win 1v1s by default." There has to be a middle ground between useless and immortal. 

Idk I'm out of suggestions.  Bladesworn is so weird. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

8 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I am not for gutting specs into uselessnes neither, but there needs to be some balance

I agree with this, but I have no idea for this spec in particular.

Idk, remove the aegis on cyclone trigger and bake the damage reflection into the skill?

8 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

"Using glass canon traits while being immortal"

I don't know, i don't think that defense sustain traits + MMR + River's Flow + Unshakable Mountain are glass canon traits.

If you wanna nerf a class, at least try seeing the real reasons.

But i might be wrong i guess 🤧

not talking about that build even, I am talking about the dps ones. It can be more then tanky enough while holding big damage. Putting out 8 k hits while same time having many aegis, absorb barier, healing. Since recent it has more ranged too, so outkiting becomes harder. Yes you can outkite and leave fights, but then it is a free win for him. Being able to bunker with mostly damage traits is too annoying

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I agree with this, but I have no idea for this spec in particular.

me neither how, that's why I am not coming with certain stuff like nerf this specific or some like that. I am hoping warrior mains see this and now the inner problem more specific why 🤷

8 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

me neither how, that's why I am not coming with certain stuff like nerf this specific or some like that. I am hoping warrior mains see this and now the inner problem more specific why 🤷

The main problem is that it has a bit too much aegis, which can snuff out CC from melee, and autoreflects it from range.

since pistol is now not exclusive to bladesworn and probably useful on other specs, you could probably like:

>remove the aegis on cyclone trigger and bake the damage reflection into the skill as mentioned above (or make this skill evade, A la @Lan Deathrider.5910 )

>adjust the cd for triggerguard

>increase the damage/speed of cast for blooming fire and reduce it for artillery slash a bit.

The warrior has agency when they aren't in Dragon Trigger so they don't need as much aegis for protecting themselves then. They do need the mitigative skill though, and they -do- need the aegis for dragon slash since they don't get the stab to set it up anymore. There needs to be a window outside of dragon slash where if they eat a cc or damage they have to respond to it, but not so big a window that they become useless at point because their slash mechanic roots them. 

It might need more work than that though idk.

I am hoping warrior mains see this and now the inner problem more specific why 🤷

I'm marginally annoyed that warrior players discuss how to fix their own junk while you have to drag a bunch of other class mains kicking and screaming to the nerf table but that's neither here nor there

• Like 2

12 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

? I never stated such things or would want that, idk what you're trying to insinuate here

War being good, the best, at 1 v 1s is balanced. No stealth, no teleports, melee combat being the most supported damage type on the profession...

You saying was being top duelist is fantasy roleplay is an insinuation in itself.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

The main problem is that it has a bit too much aegis, which can snuff out CC from melee, and autoreflects it from range.

since pistol is now not exclusive to bladesworn and probably useful on other specs, you could probably like:

>remove the aegis on cyclone trigger and bake the damage reflection into the skill as mentioned above (or make this skill evade, A la @Lan Deathrider.5910 )

>adjust the cd for triggerguard

>increase the damage/speed of cast for blooming fire and reduce it for artillery slash a bit.

The warrior has agency when they aren't in Dragon Trigger so they don't need as much aegis for protecting themselves then. They do need the mitigative skill though, and they -do- need the aegis for dragon slash since they don't get the stab to set it up anymore. There needs to be a window outside of dragon slash where if they eat a cc or damage they have to respond to it, but not so big a window that they become useless at point because their slash mechanic roots them. 

It might need more work than that though idk.

I'm marginally annoyed that warrior players discuss how to fix their own junk while you have to drag a bunch of other class mains kicking and screaming to the nerf table but that's neither here nor there

I maintain that the evade belongs on Blooming Fire as there is an evade on that skill only when underwater.

15 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Using glass canon traits while being immortal, and the new relic of defender makes sustain even higher it already was

I agree the sustain is too high. Decrease barrier, give some more stab access (it's supposed to be a brawler).

Edited by gmmg.9210

18 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

not talking about that build even, I am talking about the dps ones. It can be more then tanky enough while holding big damage. Putting out 8 k hits while same time having many aegis, absorb barier, healing. Since recent it has more ranged too, so outkiting becomes harder. Yes you can outkite and leave fights, but then it is a free win for him. Being able to bunker with mostly damage traits is too annoying

Can you share that build? so we can see how tanky it is 😃

Can't fight them with ranged. Can't fight them in melee. Can't outsustain them.

Only option is to quickly overwhelm them Xv1. But that's true of most classes apart from Virtuoso.

So they avoid teamfights and position for 1v1s. And if the burst isn't quick enough, they have pretty great mobility to escape/stall.

• Like 1