What class is currently the fastest when it comes to solo farming T1 rifts?

Vetkin.6041

I am wondering which class (with which build) is currently the fastest at farming t1 rifts soll. I heard that Reaper is hard to beat but also that double axe warrior might be faster. What about P/P deadeye with payback or other popular PvE builds?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Vetkin.6041

I have tested reaper and herald on those .

They both are amazing at maintaining might and quickness , herald can give it to allies so it's a + , and for crit. chance is stacked a 100% , while reaper with my current build is at 75% without any fury source , but he is able to pull out 25 stacks of vulnérability  which herald cannot , so a bit of a matter of taste .

I choosed herald because the Gs with quickness is very enjoyable . If they add a relic for fury generation i would probably swicth reaper again , i don't like being a 75% of crit. chance , and ther is no way i will run "curse" instead of "spite" or "soulreaping" just for the sake of some fury and crit. chance , but i guess ppl run decimates defense as reaper.

Edited by zeyeti.8347
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

They both are amazing at maintaining might and quickness , herald can give it to allies so it's a + , and for crit. chance is stacked a 100% , while reaper with my current build is at 75% without any fury source , but he is able to pull out 25 stacks of vulnérability  which herald cannot , so a bit of a matter of taste .

I choosed herald because the Gs with quickness is very enjoyable . If they add a relic for fury generation i would probably swicth reaper again , i don't like being a 75% of crit. chance , and ther is no way i will run "curse" instead of "spite" or "soulreaping" just for the sake of some fury and crit. chance , but i guess ppl run decimates defense as reaper.

Interesting - what do you think about Power Vindicator instead of herald?

I'd say herald because it has teleports.  The most time-consuming part of T1 rifts isn't killing the elite spawn.  It probably takes longer for the countdown waiting for it to spawn.  The most time-consuming part is hunting down the adds which spawn in 1s and 2s a mile apart.  Herald can use ports to get to them quicker, which probably saves more time than the difference in DPS between any two decent builds.

5 hours ago, zeyeti.8347 said:

Reaper can easily get fury from spite traitline at the grandmaster where fear effects grant fury, which would give you access to fury from shroud 3, warhorn, and staff. 

22 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

Reaper can easily get fury from spite traitline at the grandmaster where fear effects grant fury, which would give you access to fury from shroud 3, warhorn, and staff. 

Thats true , but you loose 20% more damage when target under 50% life , it seems to me to be a big trade off , as the goal here is to deal as much damage as you can to quickly finish the rift.

On 9/3/2023 at 2:48 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I'd say herald because it has teleports.  The most time-consuming part of T1 rifts isn't killing the elite spawn.  It probably takes longer for the countdown waiting for it to spawn.  The most time-consuming part is hunting down the adds which spawn in 1s and 2s a mile apart.  Herald can use ports to get to them quicker, which probably saves more time than the difference in DPS between any two decent builds.

Yes , i use it more than i think , but shiro's dash from a 1200 range with a teleport effect who can go trough some cliffs really help cleaning the pre event before the rift boss appears.

On 9/3/2023 at 2:07 PM, Vetkin.6041 said:

Interesting - what do you think about Power Vindicator instead of herald?

Vindi is strong baseline , but playing with something who can quickly reach 25 might and has permanent access to quickness is too strong vs something who can't , if vindi had 20-25 might generator + access to quickness there is no questioning : i would run vindi with sigil of endurance and jump all over the place wrecking trash kryptis before switching to regular sigil for the boss.

Also don't forget kryptis are demons , sigil anti demons (+3% strike damage and +7% vs demons) works.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 7:48 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

What part of Herald has teleports that Vindicator can't access?

On 9/4/2023 at 9:17 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I thought we were comparing herald to reaper.  If comparing herald to vindicator I think the reason herald comes out ahead would be the boons.  I don't think vindicator has anywhere near the boon access herald does.

I’ve never played herald, but vindicator can keep perma quickness, protection, fury, and 25 might pretty easily just by applying from alliance skills and extending the duration with dodge.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

I’ve never played herald, but vindicator can keep perma quickness, protection, fury, and 25 might pretty easily just by applying from alliance skills and extending the duration with dodge.  

Oh, does it?  Well, then I imagine it should work just as well.  Honestly, rev is kinda OP for solo play.  It has the tankiest builds as well as some of the highest DPS options, self-boons, CC, basically everything you could ask for.  Even its weakest options are a match for most other classes.

22 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

That's true , playing allaince and shiro allow you to have 2 noticible quickness application , but i just like to play with maintenace cost , feel like i am not utilising the rev. mechanic right if no maintenace cost active, and with herald you just need a -6 maintenace cost active to have 15-17 might + quickness , the rest of the traits just fill up the rest of might and give you fury.

I just wanted to report back after farming rifts as power vindicator and power herald all week:

Power Herald is faster than power vindicator, when it comes to farming rifts. Perma buffs and the damage itself is just bonkers. Rev really, really shines from the weapon training patch with his greatsword. Also, I find playing that combination of herald and greatsword super fun to play. Blocking mechanics, teleports, resource management. Really nice.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:11 PM, Vetkin.6041 said:

Power Herald is faster than power vindicator, when it comes to farming rifts. Perma buffs and the damage itself is just bonkers.

I don't known about the speed, but Vindi has perma fury, vigor, regen, 25 might and a wide access to quickness as long as you have the chance to cast it each 4-5 seconds (which ends being annoying), whereas Herald has proably the same boons but can keep quickness passively (as long as your maneage energy wisely). Herald maybe has the advantage in vulnerability.

So based on that, I'll guess that Mirage is probably the faster at farming solo, since cele Mirage delivers ~22k dps which is 65% more than cele Herald. A pure viper Mirage should be a flash, albeit less tamky.

Due to long range, rifle power mechanist is also pretty effective since it doesn't need to run around much and if you know how to line up yourself for piercing (good skill to have), you can kill multiple enemies at once by targeting furthest mob and having others between you and that. Power virtuoso should also be pretty good.

Edited by LadyKitty.6120

I've done all the soto story PvE stuff on my reaper because its so braindead simple with its dps rotation. Turn on shroud, slam the enemy with 12-16K+ autoattacks. When out of shroud stab them until shroud is up again. Instance mobs that spawn in groups generally die in a single twirl and sometimes dont even seem to understand they died because their corpse is just standing there 😕