Noob trap on Amnytas rewards.

Amnytas hoard box have a choose of 1 Pouch of Stardust or 100 pinch of Stardust (20 bags of 5xpinch of stardust)...

The Pouch of Stardust, cost 250 pinch of stardust. U can't convert Pouch to Pinch.

Pouch of Stardust are used in astral ward armor, some miniatures, and stormforged weapons.

Pinch of Stardust are used in raw 250 for each weapon of the "honorary astral war collection" , and in minor quantities for new skycale collection.

So beware when make your choices when doing the Amnytas meta... i recommend check wiki and adjust your choice to your goals.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinch_of_Stardust

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

What makes this a 'noob trap'? My understanding is that's something which sounds useful to new players but more experienced players will know is not as good as it sounds - like XP boosters in a game where levelling is quick and/or meaningless. (Some games use levels just to track how long you've been playing, you don't actually gain anything by levelling up.)

This sounds like it's just 2 different items, one of which can be converted to the other but both with different uses (like raw and refined crafting materials) and it's just a matter of picking the one you want at the time.

I don't understand which of the two is supposed to be the useless item new players need to be warned to avoid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

What makes this a 'noob trap'? My understanding is that's something which sounds useful to new players but more experienced players will know is not as good as it sounds - like XP boosters in a game where levelling is quick and/or meaningless. (Some games use levels just to track how long you've been playing, you don't actually gain anything by levelling up.)

Offer a item that values 250 pinch of stardust, and other is 100 pinch of stardust. 

anyone used to "trust" anet would simply be tempted to pick pinch of stardust.