List of traits / weapon skills that got nerfed for elementalist as a whole because of broken specs or interactions.

Razor.6392

1. Obsidian Flesh. Turned into a channel because of broken weaver, duration reduced because of catalyst.

2. Ride the Lightning. Unable to be used airborne because some elementalists were sneaking into wvw forts.

3. One with Air (trait). Super speed reduced to 1.5s from 3s in pvp because of FA catalyst.

4. Arcane skills. Damage reduced by 75% in pvp because of the global damage reduction. Left in a broken state for over 3 years.

5. Signets. Reworked then nerfed to oblivion because of catalyst.

6. Meteor Shower. Nerfed because of pve raid damage. Added diminishing returns, never bothered to do a pvp / wvw split.

7. Lava Font. Same as the last one (except no dimi returns).

8. Swirling winds. Duration reduced to 4s from 6s in pvp because of catalyst.

9. New scepter buffs. Dragon's tooth, water trident, rock barrier, blinding flash, all changed / nerfed further than pre-nerf values because of catalyst.

10. Ring of Fire. Burning application on crossing nerfed because of celestial ele.

11.  Glyph of elemental power. Nerfed because of fire weaver.

12. Riptide / Earthen Vortex. 100% cooldown increase (9 ->18) in pvp / wvw because of tanky weaver.

13.  Written in stone. Nerfed because of catalyst.

14.  Stone heart. Nerfed because of bunker ele.

15. Lightning Rod. Nerfed because of the one time a lightning rod build was meta.

16. Warhorn skills. Nerfed because of weaponmaster specializations.

17. Churning earth. Took literally 10 years to rework, immediately nerfed.

18. Mist form. Nerfed because of bunker ele.

19. Arcane skills. Further nerfed by removing the CDR from the grandmaster arcane trait.

20. Glyph of storms. Nerfed because of max damage ele pve rotations.

21. Ice bow #4. Nerfed because of max damage ele pve rotations.

None of these changes have ever been reverted despite the problematic specs being directly nerfed / no longer a problem anymore. 

Add more of your own!

Edited by Razor.6392
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2

Lingering attunment... I still miss this trait.

Arcane power: Remember when this skill gave the same number of charge to allies than it did to the caster?

Persisting flame: Used to be one of the best elementalist traits providing reliably a lot of fury. I remember that the state of elementalist after they removed the fury was absolutely awful.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I thought they added the CDR in Arcane skills as baseline. Am I wrong?

Some yet some no it something they did for all utility and there are some that where also updated and some that where not.

I think the MS and realty all "line rush" effects where nerfed due to old pve and before there was an real split.

• Reduced vigor duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP and 3 seconds to 1 second in WvW when using the vindicator elite specialization.

funny enough they can do this and for some mysterious reason or pure lazyness they done it just once

they could bring most core classes to life with this, but i think they just want most of them dead

Edited by Khalisto.5780
  • Like 1

I know beforehand that I'm going to at least 2 confused emotes in this post.

I think adding catalyst broke ele.

There have been a lot of changes to fine skills that where change because catalyst was making them broken:

ie. Dragon tooth, signets, etc.

tempest was ok and still is a really good support but every time there is a change on cata I feel it really hard on weaver.

I know there's crazy dps rotations on weaver but it takes a insane iq to actually know what element to use when and in some cases you have to create a plan in advance to certain situations creating a type of 3d chess playstyle

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Infinity.2876 said:

I know beforehand that I'm going to at least 2 confused emotes in this post.

I think adding catalyst broke ele.

There have been a lot of changes to fine skills that where change because catalyst was making them broken:

ie. Dragon tooth, signets, etc.

tempest was ok and still is a really good support but every time there is a change on cata I feel it really hard on weaver.

I know there's crazy dps rotations on weaver but it takes a insane iq to actually know what element to use when and in some cases you have to create a plan in advance to certain situations creating a type of 3d chess playstyle

Power Weaver has had one of the easiest rotations in the game for the past year or so.

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:
  • Reduced vigor duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP and 3 seconds to 1 second in WvW when using the vindicator elite specialization.

funny enough they can do this and for some mysterious reason or pure lazyness they done it just once

they could bring most core classes to life with this, but i think they just want most of them dead

Honestly, they could just make a "Core" trait lines for all classes that could be equiped in 3rd line like elite specializations. This way you could make kitten load of changes that wouldn't interact with e-speces...