Scrapper needs a nerf again

Deadmoose.6594

Reveal on cast is the big one. Hiding tells in stealth is no bueno. 

As Scrapper I can run up to someone while invis. Time it so the Blast Gyro explosion goes off as I reappear. Drop a 15k damage burst, and GTFO while tossing nades behind me if it doesn't work. 

If not for the stealth cheese, Scrapper's not that bad thanks to 1 stunbreak and zero cleanse. You could see the big Hammer 5 or Blast Gyro stun coming and dodge it. Players just need to be able to see these big tells coming. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Deadmoose.6594 said:

I agree but how would they do this though?

put a debuff on condi and power damage after coming out of stealth.  Also do this after a port and while invuln.   Those should be use for positioning and strategy, not to gank someone from the other side of a wall that they couldn't possibly see you through.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Reveal on cast is the big one. Hiding tells in stealth is no bueno. 

As Scrapper I can run up to someone while invis. Time it so the Blast Gyro explosion goes off as I reappear. Drop a 15k damage burst, and GTFO while tossing nades behind me if it doesn't work. 

If not for the stealth cheese, Scrapper's not that bad thanks to 1 stunbreak and zero cleanse. You could see the big Hammer 5 or Blast Gyro stun coming and dodge it. Players just need to be able to see these big tells coming. 

scrapper has both 2 stunbreak (if you play with oil) and toolbelt skills provide a cleanse each.

since now he's the only oneshotting stealth class he's probably going to become the next problem with pvp but oh well next balance patch is pretty far away so let's get comfy

Edited by mariugo.4856

34 minutes ago, mariugo.4856 said:

scrapper has both 2 stunbreak (if you play with oil) and toolbelt skills provide a cleanse each.

since now he's the only oneshotting stealth class he's probably going to become the next problem with pvp but oh well next balance patch is pretty far away so let's get comfy

since all the stealth nerfs I run crate over stealth gyro.  It's just not worth the short period of stealth you get on such a long cooldown.  The stealth scrapper isn't as effective anymore because it can't stealth out of line of sight and have enough time to make it to you... so you know when they go stealth.

21 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

since all the stealth nerfs I run crate over stealth gyro.  It's just not worth the short period of stealth you get on such a long cooldown.  The stealth scrapper isn't as effective anymore because it can't stealth out of line of sight and have enough time to make it to you... so you know when they go stealth.

you just can't do it anymore while running in a straight line against people sitting on a node..

stealth is still way superior, you can still stealth + superspeed to gank people busy in fights or simply stealth behind corners or angles where they're less likely to see you coming

Edited by mariugo.4856

I've seen glassy Scrappers traited for full damage that can, indeed, do some decent damage... but it's usually paired with low sustain... and highly choreographed skills. The one exception being a Grenade Barrage burst from stealth, but that's generally on a 75s CD, and they're left largely defenseless afterwards... making it a meme at best. Recent nerfs to stealth gyro also make it harder to set up.

I've not seen a single other Scrapper to date that really performs all that effectively in comparison with the rest of the meta. Fully-traited, it doesn't really do more damage or burst harder than any of the meta classes and it's reliant in large part on melee-ranged damage while being very squishy. I see some people complain about superspeed, but literally every other class can catch a scrapper if they want to. Superspeed doesn't contend with the gap closers available to most other classes. 

At most, if you really must nerf something, nerf grenade kit's auto-targeting ability- Take away "snap ground target to target" OR, when equipped, only let the snap occur when facing your opponent. 

From a L2P perspective, if you stand in the big red circle, watch it prime for several seconds and still don't dodge/react in a way to avoid the obvious melee-ranged burst... IDK what to tell you. Maybe take the massive red circle as a warning. An entire team of noobs sitting in mid and getting caught in an easily avoidable burst isn't a reason to call for nerfs.

ALIEN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

They really just need to globally cut damage and healing by about 30%, cut the durations for active defenses, cc, and stealth in half, and then give most mobility skills the Ride the Lightning treatment in PvP. Everything's just so far off in extremes that every single thing feels like complete bullkitten cheese to fight. Somehow along the way we've gone from burst being used to finish off someone who's at 40% to something that nukes an entire health bar in under a second, cc being used to lock out a key ability to cc chaining for 8+ seconds straight, and defensives being a tactical skillshot to just chaining them non-stop. The entire mode needs a total rebalance; Scrapper's just the next most obvious target of it's current design flaws (although grenades are horribly designed).

• Confused 7

27 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

If stealth tilts people so much, just have a damage penalty while you are in it and then create a trait on thief to bypass this (since they are primary stealth class).  Then you only get bursts out of stealth from thieves who are glassy enough in sPvP to warrant it.  

Lol, thieves are not primarily a stealth class. That would be like saying warriors are primarily a shout class or that necros are primarily a minion class.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Lol, thieves are not primarily a stealth class. That would be like saying warriors are primarily a shout class or that necros are primarily a minion class.

Name another class that has more access to stealth than thief.  

I.E. what 'primary' means is thief has the most access / interactions with stealth.  

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Daredevil is a spec bro, not a class 👍

Wait, I've used the same mental gymnastics as you often do, you didn't understand it at all. My bad. 👍
Currently, some classes like Ranger or Mesmer may get close, arguably condi Druid with Rune of Trapper had equal stealth durations as a core Teef. Luckily nerfed, sadly it wasn't deleted.
Deadeye and Daredevil has higher stealth possibility than core Teef.
Deleting stealth is the best course of action, Teefs has more than stealth that can be abused to busted levels.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Lmao wut? Yeah ur right the rogue isn't the primary stealth class.... in all and every mmo. No I'd be similar to saying warrior is the primary melee class, which it is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Daredevil is a spec bro, not a class 👍

To add stealth is SUCH a primary focus of thief(the mfkn rogue class) that no matter the spec designs within the class they will always have high stealth access unless anet released a thief spec that actually converted all stealth traits and skills to somthing else haha. I wouldn't argue with people on here, especially on the gw2 forums as their special type of players. Imagine thinking thief wasn't the games primary stealth class hahaha wtf. To add typical gw2 forum thread, nerf scrapper thread somehow turns into nerf teef thread as soon as stealth is mentioned, honestly think large portion of thief haters should legit retire from mmos due to the fact they all have a rogue stealth class, thief here is among the most fair of em all.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Confused 1