Black Lion Stolen Goods Recovery Event

Solstice.5790

Is that event, specifically the "Week X - Full" achievements, designed to not be completable on a core account?
With the JP on a central Tyria map giving you 4 points and 3 other available skritt on the others, you will end up on 7/8 with no chance at the "Full"-reward...

Just curious if it's for the same reason that account can't buy T6 mats for Astral Acclaim, no matter how much or active you actually play it.
Because: Buy the expansion, *beep* !

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 3

38 minutes ago, Solstice.5790 said:

Is that event, specifically the "Week X - Full" achievements, designed to not be completable on a core account?
With the JP on a central Tyria map giving you 4 points and 3 other available skritt on the others, you will end up on 7/8 with no chance at the "Full"-reward...

Just curious if it's for the same reason that account can't buy T6 mats for Astral Acclaim, no matter how much or active you actually play it.
Because: Buy the expansion, *beep* !

Yea that is a good catch mate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

It wouldn't surprise me if they want core accounts to be unable to finish it, as (another) prompt that you're missing out if you don't buy the expansions. But leaving them stuck on 7/8 seems mean and if it was intentional I think it would be better to leave it on 5 - enough to get the first reward with 1 spare, so you can choose 1 to skip.

I was going to say that would mean you'd have to do the jumping puzzle, but that's already the case because that gives 4 'points' and there's only 3 other skritt in core maps so on a core account you can't finish even the first tier without doing the puzzle. On that basis I think they should add 1 more so it is possible to finish it because leaving someone stuck on 7/8 seems more like trolling them than a prompt that they can only get the first tier of rewards because they don't have the whole game.

I don't think it's possible to send the rewards to another account since they appear in a bouncy chest and are account bound on acquire, so they don't need to worry about alt account farmers.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

On that basis I think they should add 1 more so it is possible to finish it because leaving someone stuck on 7/8 seems more like trolling them than a prompt that they can only get the first tier of rewards because they don't have the whole game.

Actually, heroic edition is a "whole game" - base game you paid for (or later on got a key in different special events and offers). It has a bit more options than a free demo version. Content is locked in expansions, so sth extra to the base product. In this particular event owning at least 1 expansion is enough, since from what I see they spread other skrits among them. Though not sure about only SotO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atria.6729 said:

Actually, heroic edition is a "whole game" - base game you paid for (or later on got a key in different special events and offers). It has a bit more options than a free demo version. Content is locked in expansions, so sth extra to the base product. In this particular event owning at least 1 expansion is enough, since from what I see they spread other skrits among them. Though not sure about only SotO.

I said "the whole game", meaning all of GW2. I didn't think I needed to specify which parts are included in that.

52 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I said "the whole game", meaning all of GW2. I didn't think I needed to specify which parts are included in that.

Then it's my bad, I interpretetd it wrongly as "they want some money" (and technically heroic edition counts as buying a game) in stead of "they want more/all the money".

I was also thinking about it and tbh I don't have much experience with ftp account but do festivals work for free players? If so this feels even worse.

It could be that this is intended. Since there have been a few people that compmlained that "veterans" did not get much stuff ... sith SotO. (When Skyscale got easier for new players and some veterans did not like this.)

A veteran will likely have all content (or most) purchased and can get all the rewards here.

On 9/13/2023 at 10:22 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they want core accounts to be unable to finish it, as (another) prompt that you're missing out if you don't buy the expansions. But leaving them stuck on 7/8 seems mean and if it was intentional I think it would be better to leave it on 5 - enough to get the first reward with 1 spare, so you can choose 1 to skip.

Mean is exactly the word that came to my mind when I saw that my core (paid) account was stuck at 7/8.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

I don't see an issue with them trying to sell more expansions. Why shouldn't they focus more on the customers that pay their salaries? Being disappointed that your base account, with no expansions, has limits after the game has been out this long is silly. Support the game more or deal with the limitations 🤷‍♂️

That account has two additional garden plots, unlimited gathering tools, extra bag slots. And it is the second acc. of a player who has spent enough money on the game to have paid a subscription fee for the all-expansions main account since launch.

I think that's enough.

Edited by Solstice.5790
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Solstice.5790 said:

That account has two additional garden plots, unlimited gathering tools, extra bag slots. And it is the second acc. of a player who has spent enough money on the game to have paid a subscription fee for the all-expansions main account since launch.

I think that's enough.

Sounds like that account is yielding the extra resources you paid for so 🤷‍♂️ Are they keeping something from you that you paid for? I'm not trying to disagree for the heck of it. It's just, from a business standpoint, what they are doing makes sense. Easier to tie it to expansions than to smaller convenience upgrades. I'm guessing that expansions are the more likely sale. My extra account has no expansions either but I have spent a ton on my main account. I'm not at all bothered to only be able to finish it on my main.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2